Middle class

Euro

Aug 27, 2011
Scandinavia
I see americans use the term "middle class" often in political debates. In Europe the term "middle class" is not used often.

How do you define middle class by income, job occupation etc.?

A lawyer with 100.000$ yeraly income is he/she middle class?

technically the middle class includes folks above the poverty line and below the threshold of the rich. It's very subjective and a moving window depending on who your talking to.

A lawyer making a hundred thousand a year can live very well in rual Mississippi, but would strugle in New York city, because of the cost of living differences.

I see americans use the term "middle class" often in political debates. In Europe the term "middle class" is not used often.

How do you define middle class by income, job occupation etc.?

A lawyer with 100.000$ yeraly income is he/she middle class?

I know several lawyers and none of them make less than 3X that amount...

There's lower middle clas, middle middle class, and upper middle class.

If you're looking at a ten year old Camry, you might be lower middle class.

A new Camry with most of the bells and whistles, you're middle middle class.

And if you're shopping for a new Lexus, Infinity, or mid grade BMW or Mercedes, you're upper middle class.

technically the middle class includes folks above the poverty line and below the threshold of the rich. It's very subjective and a moving window depending on who your talking to.

A lawyer making a hundred thousand a year can live very well in rual Mississippi, but would strugle in New York city, because of the cost of living differences.

This site gives me 3.900 $ as median income after taxes in NYC. 3900$*12months=46.800$/year as median income in NYC. (after taxes)
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=United+States&city=New+York%2C+NY

Wouldnt a lawyer making 100.000$ in NYC doing just fine?

This site gives me 3.900 $ as median income after taxes in NYC. 3900$*12months=46.800$/year as median income in NYC. (after taxes)
Cost of Living in New York, NY, United States. Prices in New York, NY.

Maybe one of the other boroughs but not Manhattan on $100K a year.

Median income is a large city is very deceptive because of the large number of people who are subsidized, living in government housing and on welfare or with very low incomes can reduce the meidan income drastically. Taxes and the cost of living for people who pay their own way are very high.

Median income is a large city is very deceptive because of the large number of people who are subsidized, living in government housing and on welfare or with very low incomes can reduce the meidan income drastically. Taxes and the cost of living for people who pay their own way are very high.

^^^ This!! ^^^

The United States was not founded as a class based society. This is a recent development - used by politicians as a tool to divide the people so it's easier to steal from us. Stupid Americans fall for it. Shame on them. They vote in those who put the noose around our necks. Fucking republicans and fucking democrats. A pox on both their houses.

Forum List

Back