Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

Its a crucifix, not a mallet and 6 inch nails.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

You could poke someone in the eye with one of those things, or choke them with the chain.....serious and clear danger to others

funny, almost

The chain would snap and at worst you would lose an eye.

I put a 3" blade in your eye, I can reach the brain.

You can do it with a sharpened pencil or pen too....not a highliter tho...too squishy.

They should not be allowed to carry them.

They should home school if they insist on carrying them.

No religion should be made exceptions when its all the kids who are put in danger.

religion and government need to stay separate.

Then, no religion should have any of its traditions or requirements catered to at all.
Tell that to all the districts across the country catering to muslims. Especially california.

In what way are they catering to muslims while not catering to Christians?

You could poke someone in the eye with one of those things, or choke them with the chain.....serious and clear danger to others

funny, almost

You can do it with a sharpened pencil or pen too....not a highliter tho...too squishy.

:lol:

Only in Hollywood. The skull (well at least mine) is to thick for a pen or pencil to get threw. Either it would snap, or it slides in the persons grip b/c it lacks a hilt.

not this crap again..look for those people who are too stupid ill explain this.
they are allowed to wear it around their neck because of freedom of speech. Just like a student is allowed to wear a Cross around his/her neck.

So please stop it with the fake christian persecution complex. Its stupid,your stupid, this subject is stupid.

Do you have a link?

B/c this isn't a faith thing, this is a "That kid is armed" thing.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ehhhhh,...Hummmmmm
2. Didn't I say that Islam would be taking over Detroit schools????:confused:
3. Oh about a month ago?:confused:
4. HUmmmmm,..now where is that thread????:confused:
5. And you people didn't see this coming????:confused:
6. And you people call me an idiot, and much worse.:lol:
7. Now, who is the idiot folks?:eek:
8. Its your turn to eat some humble pie my friends.:cool:
9. *NEVER DOUBT ME*!!!!!!!!!:evil:
10. And do try to keep up with reality folks, you people are just so backwards.:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry about that.

Sikhs are not Muslim.

funny, almost

:lol:

Only in Hollywood. The skull (well at least mine) is to thick for a pen or pencil to get threw. Either it would snap, or it slides in the persons grip b/c it lacks a hilt.

The neck is quite a target for a pen or pencil.

Thanks for the links.

Would you be specific please. B/c the only thing that happens weekly is Sunday.

Exactly. Do you know of any public schools that hold class on sunday? No? Why not?

not this crap again..look for those people who are too stupid ill explain this.
they are allowed to wear it around their neck because of freedom of speech. Just like a student is allowed to wear a Cross around his/her neck.

So please stop it with the fake christian persecution complex. Its stupid,your stupid, this subject is stupid.

Do you have a link?

B/c this isn't a faith thing, this is a "That kid is armed" thing.

this issue came up about two years ago, about the same stupid daggor. Fuck sticks used it as a christian Persecution complex at the time, Just like Willow is doing so now.

i could use a cross to stab your eye out. Lets ban those as well...
Fucking stupid.

This non-sense again about stabbing eyes.

I stab you in the eye with a cross, the worst thing that can happen is you lose and eye.
I stab you in the eye with a 3" dagger, the worst thing is death.

They don't compare, not at all.

I'm shocked to say that TM has more sense than most of the liberals posting about this.

She understands that it's an actual weapon while the rest (minus Goldcatt) are making lame excuses and comparisons to crosses, pens and pencils.

Exactly. Do you know of any public schools that hold class on sunday? No? Why not?

I'd say the school week matches up with the work week. Cuz I don't know of any school open on Saturday either.

Does this actually bother you? that kids get time off on the weekends, just like me and you (probably) do?

A Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School - FoxNews.com

Well, looks like the rest of the kids will have to bring their "guns to the knife fight"

We can't say prayers in school but little Sikh's can bring religious knives to school.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So much for zero tolerance.

Start a religion that says you must carry a gun. Problem solved.

A cross is a religious symbol, but it's also fashionable and worn by people who could care less about it's religious symbolism.

It has no real religious significance besides fashion. Bringing a Bible to school also has NOTHING to do with bringing religious knives to school. The bible is both a religious and historic book. It has every right to be on a school campus as any other book.

People who wear crosses are not practicing any form of religious ceremony during class time. These kids need to simply be excused from class on the days that they have to wear these daggers around their neck and do their work at home. The school district should understand the people's concerns because of their religious preference but the people also need to understand that there are rules and regulations that schools abide by that can't accomodate people's religious beliefs all the time.

this issue came up about two years ago, about the same stupid daggor. Fuck sticks used it as a christian Persecution complex at the time, Just like Willow is doing so now.

i could use a cross to stab your eye out. Lets ban those as well...
Fucking stupid.

This non-sense again about stabbing eyes.

I stab you in the eye with a cross, the worst thing that can happen is you lose and eye.
I stab you in the eye with a 3" dagger, the worst thing is death.

They don't compare, not at all.

You want to take that bet? Take a three inch cross and let me know how well that works out for you. You may or may not just loose an eye...

I could also tae that cross and jab it into your throat if i wanted too...Or your ear....Fact is both could kill. Ban both.

One is a weapon, one can be used as a weapon.

With your thinking we would need to ban anything that can be used as a weapon. Which is anything that can get picked up.

I'm shocked to say that TM has more sense than most of the liberals posting about this.

She understands that it's an actual weapon while the rest (minus Goldcatt) are making lame excuses and comparisons to crosses, pens and pencils.

anything can be turned into a weapon. Sorry that your limited thinking skills cant grasp this.

A dagger is built as a weapon.

Stooping to insults is a sign of a weak mind. Perhaps you should learn to mind your manners.

A cross is a religious symbol, but it's also fashionable and worn by people who could care less about it's religious symbolism.

It has no real religious significance besides fashion. Bringing a Bible to school also has NOTHING to do with bringing religious knives to school. The bible is both a religious and historic book. It has every right to be on a school campus as any other book.

People who wear crosses are not practicing any form of religious ceremony during class time. These kids need to simply be excused from class on the days that they have to wear these daggers around their neck and do their work at home. The school district should understand the people's concerns because of their religious preference but the people also need to understand that there are rules and regulations that schools abide by that can't accomodate people's religious beliefs all the time.

No, they should not be excused. They need to follow the same rules as everyone else. Zero tolerance of weapons is just, Zero tolerance. A dagger violates that. If they don't like that , tough fucking shit. Keep the kid home and take the ding for an absent day.

Forum List

Back