Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

A Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School - FoxNews.com

Well, looks like the rest of the kids will have to bring their "guns to the knife fight"

We can't say prayers in school but little Sikh's can bring religious knives to school.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is making me sick, watching our country morph into the right's of others for the sake of PC. :evil:

You DO know that Willow was making shit up there, right?

what did I make up?

No it is not...in fact there were laws on the books to prevent people to work on Sundays...now that most of them are gone, we need to extend school days...sunday is a fine choice.

Yes, they're gone, so what's your point? And your explanation for Saturday?

What you don't get, Bod, is that you can't take my faith away from me. Go ahead and schedule school or anything else 7 days of the week to satisfy your sick need for some kind of a false sense of retribution that you seem to have. It would matter not to me, and that's the part that you don't get. You're not 'getting even' for whatever screwy thing you think you're 'getting even' for by scheduling anything on Sunday. It wouldn't change anything for any christian that carries God in their heart 7 days a week. You're the one with the problem, maybe you should seek help to get over this false sense of victimhood that clearly comes thru all of your posts concerneing christianity?

What you don't get, Newby, is that I have no desire to take your faith away from you....but it is significant to see that you think that I want to do that....persecution complexes seem to be common within the Religious Right community. And yet, there is a lack of empathy towards any other religion and their practices.

Since I am more or less on the outside looking in, maybe it's easier for me to see....

You're no better than the so called 'religious right' when it comes to shoving your views down other's throats. So, you can get off of the pedestal now. :lol:

And it wouldn't matter whether or not you had the desire, you can't.

If the kid was wearing a cross would you be concerned with him crucifying other students?

This is a piss poor comparison.

I could barely hurt you with a cross, but I can kill you quickly with a 3" blade, dull or not.

The school administrators obviously looked at this sword and considered it not to be a threat. Is there a difference between a 3 inch crucifix and a 3 inch sword if neither is dangerous?

Then there's something wrong with those administrators when they look at a plastic butter knife and see something dangerous.

Rick

I've known plenty of sikhs. None of them carry daggers. What they do is have a necklace in the shape of a dagger.

I think that a picture is attached the the linked article, and if that's what they approved then nobody here should really defend that decision.

The Story is from FOX.

Unless something credible shows up..I don't fall for propaganda.

Suuurrree you don't.

:doubt:

REally? People don't work on Sunday? They do around here....but then again, we don't have any of those backwater Blue laws either.

BTW...what determines the "weekend"...could it be a religion? Christianity? You are so used to being catered to, you no longer see it.

Now you're confused yourself into thinking I'm a christian that needs Sunday off for church.

did you miss the word probably? I'm aware people work 24/7. If we followed the bible we would work 6 days a week and do nothing on Sunday.

I'm starting to think your upset over nothing. Do you demand to work Christmas and any other christian holy day? Or are you sharp enough to trade those days for your holy days. (assuming you have some)

So, tell us, why there is not a public school anywhere that has school on Sunday....I know of some with Saturday school, but nothing on Sundays. Accomodating a religion.

Accomodating the religion of the US. Perfectly acceptable, since most kids who go to church go on Sunday or Saturday.

Being a democratic republic, of course we are going to accomodate the majority, so we can best educate the most kids.

A Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School - FoxNews.com

Well, looks like the rest of the kids will have to bring their "guns to the knife fight"

We can't say prayers in school but little Sikh's can bring religious knives to school.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is making me sick, watching our country morph into the right's of others for the sake of PC. :evil:

Prove it.

Sorry bout that,

1. Sihks work together with Muslims in taking over a area of the world, they both fight for each others rights to thier religios take overs.
2. Then once they have secured an area, the Sihks get run off, as planned.
3. Thats why you can't tell them apart.
4. And thats how easy it is to fool a fool.
5. Play along with them GT and you are a sucker, well either way your a sucker, carry on, you can't fix stupid, its been said.
6. Stay thirst my friends.

7. Link: Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Protecting the religious and political rights of all people and preventing discrimination is an integral part of the Sikh faith.".[30]"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I always appreciate these kinds of posts.....really bring out the logic of your kind of thought. :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently the Anti-Christ....er....AllieBaba, doesn't like when I point out SirJames' own words.

Hi, you have received -212 reputation points from AllieBaba.
Reputation was given for this post.

But can't be bothered to think up a reason.....:lol::lol::lol:

The truth really burns, doesn't it?

Sorry bout that,

1. Sihks work together with Muslims in taking over a area of the world, they both fight for each others rights to thier religios take overs.
2. Then once they have secured an area, the Sihks get run off, as planned.
3. Thats why you can't tell them apart.
4. And thats how easy it is to fool a fool.
5. Play along with them GT and you are a sucker, well either way your a sucker, carry on, you can't fix stupid, its been said.
6. Stay thirst my friends.

7. Link: Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Protecting the religious and political rights of all people and preventing discrimination is an integral part of the Sikh faith.".[30]"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I always appreciate these kinds of posts.....really bring out the logic of your kind of thought. :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently the Anti-Christ....er....AllieBaba, doesn't like when I point out SirJames' own words.

Actually, I was just giving your daily neg. Though I know if you're touting something as a fact you're lying.

Actually, I was just giving your daily neg. Though I know if you're touting something as a fact you're lying.

I am honored....Who doesn't want to be negged by the Anti-Christ. It's like a daily blessing.

Last edited:
Accomodating the religion of the US. Perfectly acceptable, since most kids who go to church go on Sunday or Saturday.

Being a democratic republic, of course we are going to accomodate the majority, so we can best educate the most kids.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States is a Constitutional Republic.

Prove it.

People can pray in school all they want. Truth.

But then again, you are the Anti-Christ...sent by Satan to make Christians look hateful and stupid.....
Prove me wrong. (your game, not mine)

No, it's your (dumb) game, not mine. You make ridiculous statements, then like a true junior high retard run around saying "Prove I'm wrong! Prove I'm wrong!"

What a gomer. Have you had any higher learning at all? Any high school comp classes, or speech? Because if you had, you would know how incredibly gooberish that is, and how stupid you look when you do it.

When I was in the service, I shared a room with a guy who was a "Sikh". He wore an OD green turban, had a beard and long hair and was the Battalion Commander's driver.

Now, I don't know the "dagger" this kid carried to school, but the one my roommate had was ornate, and about as sharp as the eraser end of a pencil. It was strictly symbolic. And small.

The question here, "Will Sikhs become come the NEW group the right wing hates?"

They've already gotten a lot of traction out of:

Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Feminists
Atheists
College Professors
Scientists

Are the Sikhs next? Or maybe there aren't enough of them in this country for them to hate for very long?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States is a Constitutional Republic.

I try to get all the big words in there to cover my bases...but whatever it is, the premise holds.

Sorry bout that,

1. You can lead a horse to water, etc. etc,......
2. Link:Sikhs set example for getting along with the Taliban by Scott Baldauf

""The Taliban don't really approve of the Sikhs, in the sense that no religion measures up in the eyes of Islam. But they're a little more benign, more tolerant toward the Sikhs," says Khushwant Singh, a Sikh historian and novelist in New Delhi who has traveled throughout Afghanistan. "They must be a resilient lot, and they must be performing a useful function." A mischievous grin crosses his face. "I suppose the Taliban's women couldn't get their chadors [veils] if the Sikhs weren't there to sell them."

If the orthodox Muslims in the Taliban rank and file are ambivalent about Sikhism, the feeling is probably mutual. Started more than 500 years ago as both a reaction against and a synthesis of Islam and Hinduism, the Sikh faith teaches that God is not a personal savior or a superhuman force, but is the abstract principle of truth. In the 1,430-page-long Sikh holy book, the Guru Granth Sahib, you can find snatches of wisdom from both the Koran and the Hindu vedic texts. Consequently, Sikhs have much in common, and much in dispute, with orthodox Islamic thought.

For their part, Muslims regard Sikhs to be Ahl-e-zima, protected minorities, and Ahl-e-kitab, people of the book, a class that includes Judaism and Christianity as well. Like orthodox Muslims, for instance, Sikhs regard all human beings to be of one brotherhood, equal, regardless of social status. In addition, while Sikhs often hang portraits of the 10 founders of the Sikh religion in their temples, they condemn the worship of idols. "

3. There's much more @ the *Link*, that proves my point, Islam and Sikhism, do work togther in order to take over an area.:evil:
4. And I am sure I can find tons of other *Links*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Prove it.

People can pray in school all they want. Truth.

But then again, you are the Anti-Christ...sent by Satan to make Christians look hateful and stupid.....
Prove me wrong. (your game, not mine)

No, it's your (dumb) game, not mine. You make ridiculous statements, then like a true junior high retard run around saying "Prove I'm wrong! Prove I'm wrong!"

What a gomer. Have you had any higher learning at all? Any high school comp classes, or speech? Because if you had, you would know how incredibly gooberish that is, and how stupid you look when you do it.

I see that Truth is not your forte....being the Anti-christ, I can see that in you....here is the Thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ark51-imam-on-homosexuality-and-apostasy.html

and here is the post of yours that sets the rules of proof:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3272907-post63.html

The Anti-Chri....er...I mean Allie can make stuff up about people and it is on them to prove her wrong. Her game, her rules. And now she whines that I am playing her game.

Isn't that just like Satan and his minions....:eusa_whistle:

Sorry bout that,

1. You can lead a horse to water, etc. etc,......
2. Link:Sikhs set example for getting along with the Taliban by Scott Baldauf

""The Taliban don't really approve of the Sikhs, in the sense that no religion measures up in the eyes of Islam. But they're a little more benign, more tolerant toward the Sikhs," says Khushwant Singh, a Sikh historian and novelist in New Delhi who has traveled throughout Afghanistan. "They must be a resilient lot, and they must be performing a useful function." A mischievous grin crosses his face. "I suppose the Taliban's women couldn't get their chadors [veils] if the Sikhs weren't there to sell them."

If the orthodox Muslims in the Taliban rank and file are ambivalent about Sikhism, the feeling is probably mutual. Started more than 500 years ago as both a reaction against and a synthesis of Islam and Hinduism, the Sikh faith teaches that God is not a personal savior or a superhuman force, but is the abstract principle of truth. In the 1,430-page-long Sikh holy book, the Guru Granth Sahib, you can find snatches of wisdom from both the Koran and the Hindu vedic texts. Consequently, Sikhs have much in common, and much in dispute, with orthodox Islamic thought.

For their part, Muslims regard Sikhs to be Ahl-e-zima, protected minorities, and Ahl-e-kitab, people of the book, a class that includes Judaism and Christianity as well. Like orthodox Muslims, for instance, Sikhs regard all human beings to be of one brotherhood, equal, regardless of social status. In addition, while Sikhs often hang portraits of the 10 founders of the Sikh religion in their temples, they condemn the worship of idols. "

3. There's much more @ the *Link*, that proves my point, Islam and Sikhism, do work togther in order to take over an area.:evil:
4. And I am sure I can find tons of other *Links*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Oh, I'm sure you could, Texas....I'm sure you could. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back