Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

Sorry bout that,

1. Sihks work together with Muslims in taking over a area of the world, they both fight for each others rights to thier religios take overs.
2. Then once they have secured an area, the Sihks get run off, as planned.
3. Thats why you can't tell them apart.
4. And thats how easy it is to fool a fool.
5. Play along with them GT and you are a sucker, well either way your a sucker, carry on, you can't fix stupid, its been said.
6. Stay thirst my friends.

7. Link: Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Protecting the religious and political rights of all people and preventing discrimination is an integral part of the Sikh faith.".[30]"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I always appreciate these kinds of posts.....really bring out the logic of your kind of thought. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry bout that,

1. Sihks work together with Muslims in taking over a area of the world, they both fight for each others rights to thier religios take overs.
2. Then once they have secured an area, the Sihks get run off, as planned.
3. Thats why you can't tell them apart.
4. And thats how easy it is to fool a fool.
5. Play along with them GT and you are a sucker, well either way your a sucker, carry on, you can't fix stupid, its been said.
6. Stay thirst my friends.

7. Link: Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Protecting the religious and political rights of all people and preventing discrimination is an integral part of the Sikh faith.".[30]"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There's efficiency for you. The poster critiques his own post within his own post.

funny, almost

The chain would snap and at worst you would lose an eye.

I put a 3" blade in your eye, I can reach the brain.

You can do it with a sharpened pencil or pen too....not a highliter tho...too squishy.

:lol:

Only in Hollywood. The skull (well at least mine) is to thick for a pen or pencil to get threw. Either it would snap, or it slides in the persons grip b/c it lacks a hilt.

Really? Funny that, cause when I was in school, I saw one special ed kid SERIOUSLY stab another one with a pencil....fortunately, it was not to the face, eyes or ears.

A cross is a religious symbol, but it's also fashionable and worn by people who could care less about it's religious symbolism.

It has no real religious significance besides fashion. Bringing a Bible to school also has NOTHING to do with bringing religious knives to school. The bible is both a religious and historic book. It has every right to be on a school campus as any other book.

People who wear crosses are not practicing any form of religious ceremony during class time. These kids need to simply be excused from class on the days that they have to wear these daggers around their neck and do their work at home. The school district should understand the people's concerns because of their religious preference but the people also need to understand that there are rules and regulations that schools abide by that can't accomodate people's religious beliefs all the time.

No, they should not be excused. They need to follow the same rules as everyone else. Zero tolerance of weapons is just, Zero tolerance. A dagger violates that. If they don't like that , tough fucking shit. Keep the kid home and take the ding for an absent day.

I haven't been in High School for a while (a few years), but I do know that when I was in school students were allowed to be exempt from class for legitimate "religious observances". I think it's pretty clear that this would qualify under that rule, if their school system has this rule. It's pretty fair to excuse them for their religious observance if you do it for, let's say Jews or anybody else.

Thanks for the links.

Would you be specific please. B/c the only thing that happens weekly is Sunday.

Exactly. Do you know of any public schools that hold class on sunday? No? Why not?

I'd say the school week matches up with the work week. Cuz I don't know of any school open on Saturday either.

Does this actually bother you? that kids get time off on the weekends, just like me and you (probably) do?

REally? People don't work on Sunday? They do around here....but then again, we don't have any of those backwater Blue laws either.

BTW...what determines the "weekend"...could it be a religion? Christianity? You are so used to being catered to, you no longer see it.

You can do it with a sharpened pencil or pen too....not a highliter tho...too squishy.

:lol:

Only in Hollywood. The skull (well at least mine) is to thick for a pen or pencil to get threw. Either it would snap, or it slides in the persons grip b/c it lacks a hilt.

Really? Funny that, cause when I was in school, I saw one special ed kid SERIOUSLY stab another one with a pencil....fortunately, it was not to the face, eyes or ears.

Was he able to keep his grip and keep stabbing?

If so, that's impressive (and gruesome)

It still doesn't excuse allowing an actual weapon that is built to not slip.

Exactly. Do you know of any public schools that hold class on sunday? No? Why not?

I'd say the school week matches up with the work week. Cuz I don't know of any school open on Saturday either.

Does this actually bother you? that kids get time off on the weekends, just like me and you (probably) do?

REally? People don't work on Sunday? They do around here....but then again, we don't have any of those backwater Blue laws either.

BTW...what determines the "weekend"...could it be a religion? Christianity? You are so used to being catered to, you no longer see it.

Now you're confused yourself into thinking I'm a christian that needs Sunday off for church.

did you miss the word probably? I'm aware people work 24/7. If we followed the bible we would work 6 days a week and do nothing on Sunday.

I'm starting to think your upset over nothing. Do you demand to work Christmas and any other christian holy day? Or are you sharp enough to trade those days for your holy days. (assuming you have some)

Now you're confused yourself into thinking I'm a christian that needs Sunday off for church.

did you miss the word probably? I'm aware people work 24/7. If we followed the bible we would work 6 days a week and do nothing on Sunday.

I'm starting to think your upset over nothing. Do you demand to work Christmas and any other christian holy day? Or are you sharp enough to trade those days for your holy days. (assuming you have some)

So, tell us, why there is not a public school anywhere that has school on Sunday....I know of some with Saturday school, but nothing on Sundays. Accomodating a religion.

So, tell us, why there is not a public school anywhere that has school on Sunday....I know of some with Saturday school, but nothing on Sundays. Accomodating a religion.

Accomodating the dominant religion.

Majority rules isn't always fun, but that is the way it works, b/c as my Dad said (and I'd guess yours) "Life is not fair." (my Dad threw in, "And it's often cruel.")

Majority rules isn't always fun, but that is the way it works, b/c as my Dad said (and I'd guess yours) "Life is not fair." (my Dad threw in, "And it's often cruel.")

There you go.....can't accomodate one without the others in this country. NOTHING in our Constitution saying government determines what religion is accomodated based on majority.

There you go.....can't accomodate one without the others in this country. NOTHING in our Constitution saying government determines what religion is accomodated based on majority.

Schools are run by the states. And yes we can pick one thing over another, on local levels.

Besides, you're making a moutain outta a mole hill. We've had the weekend off for a very very long time. to the point most people only know that that's how it was growin up.

You're a pagan, right?

I'm curious as to what kind. Any particular pantheon?

Schools are run by the states. And yes we can pick one thing over another, on local levels.

Besides, you're making a moutain outta a mole hill. We've had the weekend off for a very very long time. to the point most people only know that that's how it was growin up.

You're a pagan, right?

And yet, a religion is being accomodated every week. And I am more agnostic...tho I must admit, looking into Buddhism more and more.

You're a pagan, right?

And yet, a religion is being accomodated every week. And I am more agnostic...tho I must admit, looking into Buddhism more and more.

Much ado about nuthin.

Buddism is cool, exspecially if you get into the 5 elements.
Sorry about the pagan thing, I'm getting people confused with other people (strolling Bones, I think)

I need to take notes

You're a pagan, right?

Much ado about nuthin.

Buddism is cool, exspecially if you get into the 5 elements.
Sorry about the pagan thing, I'm getting people confused with other people (strolling Bones, I think)

I need to take notes

No, you were right...I was looking into paganism for a few years. I am still a Searcher.

"The Detroit Free Press and WXYZ-TV report that under the new guidelines, kirpans meeting certain criteria will be allowed for Sikh students."

If they're permanently sheathed with some sort of adhesive then I don't see a problem with this.

"The Detroit Free Press and WXYZ-TV report that under the new guidelines, kirpans meeting certain criteria will be allowed for Sikh students."

If they're permanently sheathed with some sort of adhesive then I don't see a problem with this.
:clap2:

Now THAT makes sense. I can give the daggers a pass if they can't be pulled.

And it would give creadence to the cross to the eye argument.

Forum List

Back