Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

Christians can't wear crosses and the pledge of alliance can't say god, but a Sikh can bring a knife to school? :confused:

What next are Muslims going to be allowed to wear suicide vests? :cuckoo:

pledge says god still in like 99% of places, and i'm not sure there's any ban on crosses. dont sensationalize or buy into media hysteria, and you won't have this sadness

Christians can't wear crosses and the pledge of alliance can't say god, but a Sikh can bring a knife to school? :confused:

pledge says god still in like 99% of places, and i'm not sure there's any ban on crosses. dont sensationalize or buy into media hysteria, and you won't have this sadness

These are the kind of people that beat up Sikhs after 9/11 and cannot tolerate any adaptions for other religions while schools have to adapt to Christianity every week.

A Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School - FoxNews.com

Well, looks like the rest of the kids will have to bring their "guns to the knife fight"

We can't say prayers in school but little Sikh's can bring religious knives to school.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What happens when this kid, that's armed with an actual weapon, decides one of the other students is evil and needs to fight him?

This is blatant discrimination. I expect the ACLU to be all over this any moment now.

They should not be allowed to carry them.

They should home school if they insist on carrying them.

No religion should be made exceptions when its all the kids who are put in danger.

religion and government need to stay separate.

I've known plenty of sikhs. None of them carry daggers. What they do is have a necklace in the shape of a dagger.

I think that a picture is attached the the linked article, and if that's what they approved then nobody here should really defend that decision.

The Story is from FOX.

Unless something credible shows up..I don't fall for propaganda.

:lol: fair point, imo

They should not be allowed to carry them.

They should home school if they insist on carrying them.

No religion should be made exceptions when its all the kids who are put in danger.

religion and government need to stay separate.

Then, no religion should have any of its traditions or requirements catered to at all.

If the kid was wearing a cross would you be concerned with him crucifying other students?

Expect alot of kids to convert to Sikhism so they can carry daggers to school.

I've known plenty of sikhs. None of them carry daggers. What they do is have a necklace in the shape of a dagger.

I think that a picture is attached the the linked article, and if that's what they approved then nobody here should really defend that decision.

It's an actual weapon, not some trinket hanging from a chain.

3 to 5 inch blade.........fuck all that. Ban that shit.

A Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School - FoxNews.com

Well, looks like the rest of the kids will have to bring their "guns to the knife fight"

We can't say prayers in school but little Sikh's can bring religious knives to school.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
It is a requirement of their religion...even Sikhs in the military are allowed those knives...now, if your religious tradition required one, you'd be crying buckets if you weren't allowed to wear it.

Besides, your religious tradition is already being catered to by Public schools.
My daughter took her Bible to school the other day. I was thinking the school would make a big deal about it, they didn't.

These are the kind of people that beat up Sikhs after 9/11 and cannot tolerate any adaptions for other religions while schools have to adapt to Christianity every week.

Got a link to that claim?

Are you equaiting holidays to being armed?

Forum List

Back