Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

If the kid was wearing a cross would you be concerned with him crucifying other students?

Its a crucifix, not a mallet and 6 inch nails.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

A crucifix is a ceremonial method of execution that christians wear around their necks for symbolic reasons

How is that different than a non-lethal 3 inch sword worn around your neck for symbolic reasons?

If the kid was wearing a cross would you be concerned with him crucifying other students?

A crucifix is a ceremonial method of execution that christians wear around their necks for symbolic reasons

How is that different than a non-lethal 3 inch sword worn around your neck for symbolic reasons?

because 3 inches is bout _________________________________ that long, and it's a fucking blade?

You could poke someone in the eye with one of those things, or choke them with the chain.....serious and clear danger to others

funny, almost

The chain would snap and at worst you would lose an eye.

I put a 3" blade in your eye, I can reach the brain.

This is a piss poor comparison.

I could barely hurt you with a cross, but I can kill you quickly with a 3" blade, dull or not.

The school administrators obviously looked at this sword and considered it not to be a threat. Is there a difference between a 3 inch crucifix and a 3 inch sword if neither is dangerous?

B/c it's not "non-lethal".

They should not be allowed to carry them.

They should home school if they insist on carrying them.

No religion should be made exceptions when its all the kids who are put in danger.

religion and government need to stay separate.

Then, no religion should have any of its traditions or requirements catered to at all.
Tell that to all the districts across the country catering to muslims. Especially california.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ehhhhh,...Hummmmmm
2. Didn't I say that Islam would be taking over Detroit schools????:confused:
3. Oh about a month ago?:confused:
4. HUmmmmm,..now where is that thread????:confused:
5. And you people didn't see this coming????:confused:
6. And you people call me an idiot, and much worse.:lol:
7. Now, who is the idiot folks?:eek:
8. Its your turn to eat some humble pie my friends.:cool:
9. *NEVER DOUBT ME*!!!!!!!!!:evil:
10. And do try to keep up with reality folks, you people are just so backwards.:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

This is a piss poor comparison.

I could barely hurt you with a cross, but I can kill you quickly with a 3" blade, dull or not.

The school administrators obviously looked at this sword and considered it not to be a threat. Is there a difference between a 3 inch crucifix and a 3 inch sword if neither is dangerous?

Yes, I can't stab you in the heart and kill you with a cross. I can easily do so with a 3" blade, dull or not, it still comes to a point.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ehhhhh,...Hummmmmm
10. And do try to keep up with reality folks, you people are just so backwards.:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You're still an idiot and much worse. This isn't the taking over of anything, idiot. You must not know what "taking over" means, but we all knew you were crazy. :cuckoo:

Sorry bout that,

1. Ehhhhh,...Hummmmmm

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Also, moron, Sikhs are not Islam/Muslims. Don't let facts bite your nose off, though.

Sikhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pledge says god still in like 99% of places, and i'm not sure there's any ban on crosses. dont sensationalize or buy into media hysteria, and you won't have this sadness

These are the kind of people that beat up Sikhs after 9/11 and cannot tolerate any adaptions for other religions while schools have to adapt to Christianity every week.

Got a link to that claim?

Are you equaiting holidays to being armed?

Absolutely...

The Sikhs: In the Shadows of 9/11
and
Valarie Kaur's search for America after 9/11 | Minnesota Public Radio News
and
Sikhism: Mistaken Turban: Do Not relate Turban with Terrorism
and
Panthic.org
and
Attack on California Sikh Cab Driver, Mistaken for Muslim | Global Sikh News
and
Jury convicts man who killed Sikh just after 9/11 | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

Just in the first google page.

And who said anything about Holidays? Christians are accomodated by public schools every week.

These are the kind of people that beat up Sikhs after 9/11 and cannot tolerate any adaptions for other religions while schools have to adapt to Christianity every week.

Got a link to that claim?

Are you equaiting holidays to being armed?

Absolutely...

The Sikhs: In the Shadows of 9/11
and
Valarie Kaur's search for America after 9/11 | Minnesota Public Radio News
and
Sikhism: Mistaken Turban: Do Not relate Turban with Terrorism
and
Panthic.org
and
Attack on California Sikh Cab Driver, Mistaken for Muslim | Global Sikh News
and
Jury convicts man who killed Sikh just after 9/11 | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

Just in the first google page.

And who said anything about Holidays? Christians are accomodated by public schools every week.

Thanks for the links.

Would you be specific please. B/c the only thing that happens weekly is Sunday.

I never knew a Sikh who carried a real dagger either. That's odd to me.

The school is wrong. Allowing kids to carry even dulled ceremonial knives when all the others are under zero tolerance isn't a "reasonable accommodation".

Forum List

Back