Michelle Obama: GOP is "ALL MEN, ALL WHITE"...Is she racist or stupid?

The biggest singular lynching was of your Italians.

March 14, 1891, lynchings - Wikipedia

Why do Puerto Ricans get mentioned as victims of the system, or for sensitivity training but not Italians?

Italians have clearly had worse discrimination against them including that lynching.

Who Puerto Ricans don't seem to have any prejudiced stereotypes, or terms against them like Italians.
See this is a perfect example of how disconnected you are. You try and take some random events or moments of history and use them for your argument but you ignore the reality which I actually think you know is true. I just told you that I am Italian, I have a huge family of Italian Americans. I have never felt an inch of prejudice and I've lived in half a dozen different cities all around the US. I've never heard of any of my family members or friends experiencing any prejudice because of their heritage. Yet i've seen and heard a ton of prejudice against blacks. There were 2 black kids in my High School and I saw how they were treated by some, not because of who they were but because of how they looked... Those with light colored skin do not experience that at the same level as blacks do. If you can't understand that then I give up

I saw 2 separate Blacks attacked by an Italian randomly in Putnam Lake, New York.

So, I'm certainly not going to say there's no prejudices against Blacks.

But, on the inverse my Italian co worker was chased down by a group of Blacks in Mohegan Lake, New York by Blacks who said "Hey White boy, what cha doing here"

So, it goes both ways.
It does go both ways. I wouldn't recommend any white guy to take a jog through Compton... But our discussion is about bigger issues that involve our institutions, cities, culture, and opportunity for specific groups to achieve success. And per your observations, LGBT individuals have it the hardest. I would argue that Blacks come next and then women
Every institution is against white people....

Why do Puerto Ricans get mentioned as victims of the system, or for sensitivity training but not Italians?

Italians have clearly had worse discrimination against them including that lynching.

Who Puerto Ricans don't seem to have any prejudiced stereotypes, or terms against them like Italians.
See this is a perfect example of how disconnected you are. You try and take some random events or moments of history and use them for your argument but you ignore the reality which I actually think you know is true. I just told you that I am Italian, I have a huge family of Italian Americans. I have never felt an inch of prejudice and I've lived in half a dozen different cities all around the US. I've never heard of any of my family members or friends experiencing any prejudice because of their heritage. Yet i've seen and heard a ton of prejudice against blacks. There were 2 black kids in my High School and I saw how they were treated by some, not because of who they were but because of how they looked... Those with light colored skin do not experience that at the same level as blacks do. If you can't understand that then I give up

I saw 2 separate Blacks attacked by an Italian randomly in Putnam Lake, New York.

But, on the inverse my Italian co worker was chased down by a group of Blacks in Mohegan Lake, New York by Blacks who said "Hey White boy, what cha doing here"

So, it goes both ways.
It does go both ways. I wouldn't recommend any white guy to take a jog through Compton... But our discussion is about bigger issues that involve our institutions, cities, culture, and opportunity for specific groups to achieve success. And per your observations, LGBT individuals have it the hardest. I would argue that Blacks come next and then women
Oh, look who is back with an empty baseless idiotic point. Thanks for sharing!!!

There isn't sensitivity training for the races you mentioned because they weren't historically enslaved and oppressed by law in our country, they weren't hung from trees, striped of their rights, they didn't have their towns torched... read a history book and take a visit to some of the swamp states in the south and open your eyes...

Okay, but the question is do people bring on those prejudices against blacks or do blacks bring that onto themselves? After all, prejudice means to pre-judge.

My former neighbor met a girl in college from North Carolina, and she said don't tell her father you're Italian he hates Italians, don't tell him you're Catholic he hates Catholics, don't tell him you're from New York he hates people from New York.

So, I don't realy buy that you think Italians don't experience prejudices.

The big question is where did you grow up?
I'm going to guess somewhere very Italian, with few non-Itaians.
The Italians didn't pick on Italians of course, they picked on Blacks.
So, you think oh poor Blacks.
Ok, this conversation is done, I can't repeat myself more than 5 times... I've said many times now that there is prejudice by and for every group out there but this conversation is about something more, which is obviously going over your head. I'm done with you. Good day

So, you won't tell us where you live, because probably it's an Italian neighborhood which is pro-Italian, and anti-Black.

Okay, but the question is do people bring on those prejudices against blacks or do blacks bring that onto themselves? After all, prejudice means to pre-judge.
It goes both ways. There are problems in black culture that perpetuate the stereotypes and there are also deep rooted prejudice in our culture that has not yet been filtered out

So, it goes both ways.
Oh, look who is back with an empty baseless idiotic point. Thanks for sharing!!!
You wanted to have a discussion about "bigger issues", but you always run when someone actually has the opposite views about those "issues"....

My former neighbor met a girl in college from North Carolina, and she said don't tell her father you're Italian he hates Italians, don't tell him you're Catholic he hates Catholics, don't tell him you're from New York he hates people from New York.

Ok, this conversation is done, I can't repeat myself more than 5 times... I've said many times now that there is prejudice by and for every group out there but this conversation is about something more, which is obviously going over your head. I'm done with you. Good day

So, you won't tell us where you live, because probably it's an Italian neighborhood which is pro-Italian, and anti-Black.
I told you that i'm done with you. You can't carry on an intelligent conversation. I can't keep repeating myself. good day

It goes both ways. There are problems in black culture that perpetuate the stereotypes and there are also deep rooted prejudice in our culture that has not yet been filtered out
Look who is making baseless claims....

So, it goes both ways.
You wanted to have a discussion about "bigger issues", but you always run when someone actually has the opposite views about those "issues"....
haha. I run? You just checked out of this conversation for days can came back while I've stayed engaged. You are completely full of shit. Ask me a question and you'll get an answer. Maybe you can take notes about how its done.

So, it goes both ways.

Well, you didn't bring forward very good evidence of Blacks being more prejudiced upon, you bought up personal accounts, that's not very good evidence.

I told you that i'm done with you. You can't carry on an intelligent conversation. I can't keep repeating myself. good day
You attempted to pick on him because you know his choice of topic is not as encompassing as yours, and now you are running away from me, again.

Really dipshit? You are taking issue with my last statement? Really?

You attempted to pick on him because you know his choice of topic is not as encompassing as yours, and now you are running away from me, again.
There is no running... I'm frustrated because I've repeated myself multiple times and he keeps misrepresenting the things that i've said. Its a useless broken record. Its happened before with him, so i'm done.

My Italian friend had people yell WOP WOP WOP at him, while another Italian at my gym had some Irish girl yell she hates Italians.
Interesting. And that was totally unprovoked? He was just minding his own business working out and these people started yelling at him?

One of them was walking with a Black girl in the Poconos, and some kids yelled WOP WOP WOP at him, the funny thing is they left her alone.

Another one of them was in a car in Brewster, NY, when an Irish girl yelled she hates Italians.

So, no I wouldn't say anti-Italian prejudices don't exist.
Prejudice exists by and for every type of person and race on Earth. The question is how does it impact people in a society. If you really think that white races have it harder in the USA than Blacks then you are entitled to your opinion. I just lose respect for your opinions because to me you are obviously wrong, and I think many would agree with me on that.

Well, I don't know.
I don't think we can successfully study Whites vs Blacks in a setting which would prove it.

You seem to be basing Black ghettoes as a symptom of a White racist problem, there's other theories like a Welfare crutch made them lazier, or that Blacks just lack in the intelligence dept.

The fact remains that no, there isn't TV stereotyping of Blacks like there is upon Poles, or Italians of the same degree.

No, there's no sensitivity training if you tell dumb Polak, or Ginzo Mafia jokes, like there is if you told Black jokes.

No, there's no Polish, or Italian history months to combat prejudices.

No, there's no such perks for Polish, or Italian Men like Affirmative action, or the Minority Business Development agency.

So, I don't know, you tell me?
Oh class warfare is definitely a factor, so are cultural issues, lack of education, drugs, gangs, crime, entitlements etc. etc. etc. I'm not denying that the black community has a variety of issues many of which are brought on by their own actions. I just wouldn't be so naive as to say that racism and prejudice isn't a factor nor would I say the absurdity that whites are more oppressed and have it easier than blacks in this country.

There isn't sensitivity training for the races you mentioned because they weren't historically enslaved and oppressed by law in our country, they weren't hung from trees, striped of their rights, they didn't have their towns torched... read a history book and take a visit to some of the swamp states in the south and open your eyes...

My father could tell you stories when he was a kid that would make you cry. He grew up like most black people alive today never knew.

My life started when I was born--not when my father was a child or even young adult. What happened to my grandfather has no effect on me. What happened to my great grandfather has no impact on my life. What happened to my great-great grandfather has no impact on my life.

When I hear or read of how blacks suffered because of what happened to their family members--in many cases people they never met or knew, I see excuse making.

Go to the library sometime and ask the librarian where the books are that were written by successful excuse makers. There are none. That's because everybody that lives by their excuses are all failures. Maybe that's part of the problem in the black community????

So, it goes both ways.
haha. I run? You just checked out of this conversation for days can came back while I've stayed engaged. You are completely full of shit. Ask me a question and you'll get an answer. Maybe you can take notes about how its done.
I answered your question, nimrod.

I answered it and then some multiple times.

As for MY question, I want to know what "institutions" are "oppressing" minorities.

There is no running... I'm frustrated because I've repeated myself multiple times and he keeps misrepresenting the things that i've said. Its a useless broken record. Its happened
before with him, so i'm done.

I've heard some Blacks in person, or online say the only prejudices they've experienced are "People following them in stores"
or "People looking away when they pass them by"

Wow, then I must have been prejudiced upon in the same manner.

While, I'll admit in some regions Blacks can get bullied for being Black, I think it's become pretty rare over the years.

People actually fear reprisal for attacking Blacks, they fear hate crimes, lawsuits, attacks, and so forth.

Interesting. And that was totally unprovoked? He was just minding his own business working out and these people started yelling at him?

One of them was walking with a Black girl in the Poconos, and some kids yelled WOP WOP WOP at him, the funny thing is they left her alone.

Another one of them was in a car in Brewster, NY, when an Irish girl yelled she hates Italians.

So, no I wouldn't say anti-Italian prejudices don't exist.
Prejudice exists by and for every type of person and race on Earth. The question is how does it impact people in a society. If you really think that white races have it harder in the USA than Blacks then you are entitled to your opinion. I just lose respect for your opinions because to me you are obviously wrong, and I think many would agree with me on that.

Well, I don't know.
I don't think we can successfully study Whites vs Blacks in a setting which would prove it.

You seem to be basing Black ghettoes as a symptom of a White racist problem, there's other theories like a Welfare crutch made them lazier, or that Blacks just lack in the intelligence dept.

The fact remains that no, there isn't TV stereotyping of Blacks like there is upon Poles, or Italians of the same degree.

No, there's no sensitivity training if you tell dumb Polak, or Ginzo Mafia jokes, like there is if you told Black jokes.

No, there's no Polish, or Italian history months to combat prejudices.

No, there's no such perks for Polish, or Italian Men like Affirmative action, or the Minority Business Development agency.

So, I don't know, you tell me?
Oh class warfare is definitely a factor, so are cultural issues, lack of education, drugs, gangs, crime, entitlements etc. etc. etc. I'm not denying that the black community has a variety of issues many of which are brought on by their own actions. I just wouldn't be so naive as to say that racism and prejudice isn't a factor nor would I say the absurdity that whites are more oppressed and have it easier than blacks in this country.

My father could tell you stories when he was a kid that would make you cry. He grew up like most black people alive today never knew.

My life started when I was born--not when my father was a child or even young adult. What happened to my grandfather has no effect on me. What happened to my great grandfather has no impact on my life. What happened to my great-great grandfather has no impact on my life.

When I hear or read of how blacks suffered because of what happened to their family members--in many cases people they never met or knew, I see excuse making.

Go to the library sometime and ask the librarian where the books are that were written by successful excuse makers. There are none. That's because everybody that lives by their excuses are all failures. Maybe that's part of the problem in the black community????
yeah, maybe that is part of the problem. Maybe there are also problems that have stem from generations of oppression and socioeconomic hardships. A culture that has fought through poverty, crime, exclusion, drug abuse, and poor education. Maybe we can be honest and recognize and discuss both sides of the coin instead of constantly flipping it over.

Care to give me any examples of that?

Really dipshit? You are taking issue with my last statement? Really?
White guilt is our "culture".

The "culture" advantages black people in every single way imaginable.

I answered your question, nimrod.

I answered it and then some multiple times.

As for MY question, I want to know what "institutions" are "oppressing" minorities.
Well the current institution that is under protest is law enforcement.

Forum List

Back