Michelle Obama: GOP is "ALL MEN, ALL WHITE"...Is she racist or stupid?

The biggest singular lynching was of your Italians.

March 14, 1891, lynchings - Wikipedia

Why do Puerto Ricans get mentioned as victims of the system, or for sensitivity training but not Italians?

Italians have clearly had worse discrimination against them including that lynching.

Who Puerto Ricans don't seem to have any prejudiced stereotypes, or terms against them like Italians.
See this is a perfect example of how disconnected you are. You try and take some random events or moments of history and use them for your argument but you ignore the reality which I actually think you know is true. I just told you that I am Italian, I have a huge family of Italian Americans. I have never felt an inch of prejudice and I've lived in half a dozen different cities all around the US. I've never heard of any of my family members or friends experiencing any prejudice because of their heritage. Yet i've seen and heard a ton of prejudice against blacks. There were 2 black kids in my High School and I saw how they were treated by some, not because of who they were but because of how they looked... Those with light colored skin do not experience that at the same level as blacks do. If you can't understand that then I give up

Okay, but the question is do people bring on those prejudices against blacks or do blacks bring that onto themselves? After all, prejudice means to pre-judge.
It goes both ways. There are problems in black culture that perpetuate the stereotypes and there are also deep rooted prejudice in our culture that has not yet been filtered out

Care to give me any examples of that?
Really? You haven't seen or experience any kind of racism towards blacks in this country. Take a trip to the south and visit a local dive bar. The N word is alive and well and the confederate flag is still flying in many peoples minds, it is pretty sickening. Or just explore this board for a bit you wont have to go very far

Every institution is against white people....
Oh, look who is back with an empty baseless idiotic point. Thanks for sharing!!!
You wanted to have a discussion about "bigger issues", but you always run when someone actually has the opposite views about those "issues"....
haha. I run? You just checked out of this conversation for days can came back while I've stayed engaged. You are completely full of shit. Ask me a question and you'll get an answer. Maybe you can take notes about how its done.
I answered your question, nimrod.

I answered it and then some multiple times.

As for MY question, I want to know what "institutions" are "oppressing" minorities.
Well the current institution that is under protest is law enforcement.
You mean the one that kills more unarmed and non-aggressive white suspects than unarmed and belligerent black suspects?

Interesting. And that was totally unprovoked? He was just minding his own business working out and these people started yelling at him?

One of them was walking with a Black girl in the Poconos, and some kids yelled WOP WOP WOP at him, the funny thing is they left her alone.

Another one of them was in a car in Brewster, NY, when an Irish girl yelled she hates Italians.

So, no I wouldn't say anti-Italian prejudices don't exist.
Prejudice exists by and for every type of person and race on Earth. The question is how does it impact people in a society. If you really think that white races have it harder in the USA than Blacks then you are entitled to your opinion. I just lose respect for your opinions because to me you are obviously wrong, and I think many would agree with me on that.

Well, I don't know.
I don't think we can successfully study Whites vs Blacks in a setting which would prove it.

You seem to be basing Black ghettoes as a symptom of a White racist problem, there's other theories like a Welfare crutch made them lazier, or that Blacks just lack in the intelligence dept.

The fact remains that no, there isn't TV stereotyping of Blacks like there is upon Poles, or Italians of the same degree.

No, there's no sensitivity training if you tell dumb Polak, or Ginzo Mafia jokes, like there is if you told Black jokes.

No, there's no Polish, or Italian history months to combat prejudices.

No, there's no such perks for Polish, or Italian Men like Affirmative action, or the Minority Business Development agency.

So, I don't know, you tell me?
Oh class warfare is definitely a factor, so are cultural issues, lack of education, drugs, gangs, crime, entitlements etc. etc. etc. I'm not denying that the black community has a variety of issues many of which are brought on by their own actions. I just wouldn't be so naive as to say that racism and prejudice isn't a factor nor would I say the absurdity that whites are more oppressed and have it easier than blacks in this country.

There isn't sensitivity training for the races you mentioned because they weren't historically enslaved and oppressed by law in our country, they weren't hung from trees, striped of their rights, they didn't have their towns torched... read a history book and take a visit to some of the swamp states in the south and open your eyes...

My father could tell you stories when he was a kid that would make you cry. He grew up like most black people alive today never knew.

My life started when I was born--not when my father was a child or even young adult. What happened to my grandfather has no effect on me. What happened to my great grandfather has no impact on my life. What happened to my great-great grandfather has no impact on my life.

When I hear or read of how blacks suffered because of what happened to their family members--in many cases people they never met or knew, I see excuse making.

Go to the library sometime and ask the librarian where the books are that were written by successful excuse makers. There are none. That's because everybody that lives by their excuses are all failures. Maybe that's part of the problem in the black community????

There was a Polish American user named Chrobry on another forum. his father, and uncle were Nazi POW slaves in workers camps.

He said when he asked Blacks if they knew anyone who was enslaved, they'd say "no"
But, when he told them his father,and uncle were slaves they'd gasp.

Why do Puerto Ricans get mentioned as victims of the system, or for sensitivity training but not Italians?

Italians have clearly had worse discrimination against them including that lynching.

Who Puerto Ricans don't seem to have any prejudiced stereotypes, or terms against them like Italians.
See this is a perfect example of how disconnected you are. You try and take some random events or moments of history and use them for your argument but you ignore the reality which I actually think you know is true. I just told you that I am Italian, I have a huge family of Italian Americans. I have never felt an inch of prejudice and I've lived in half a dozen different cities all around the US. I've never heard of any of my family members or friends experiencing any prejudice because of their heritage. Yet i've seen and heard a ton of prejudice against blacks. There were 2 black kids in my High School and I saw how they were treated by some, not because of who they were but because of how they looked... Those with light colored skin do not experience that at the same level as blacks do. If you can't understand that then I give up

Okay, but the question is do people bring on those prejudices against blacks or do blacks bring that onto themselves? After all, prejudice means to pre-judge.
It goes both ways. There are problems in black culture that perpetuate the stereotypes and there are also deep rooted prejudice in our culture that has not yet been filtered out

Really? You haven't seen or experience any kind of racism towards blacks in this country. Take a trip to the south and visit a local dive bar. The N word is alive and well and the confederate flag is still flying in many peoples minds, it is pretty sickening. Or just explore this board for a bit you wont have to go very far
Go to any major city in the western world and you will eventually bump into black Israelite supremacists who are granted permits by Democrats and other supposed "progressive" government figures to do nothing but preach the most hateful rhetoric you will ever hear anywhere.

Go to a historically black college and listen to the rhetoric there.

Go to a black church.

Go anywhere black people are the majority and you will find unfiltered racism towards white people.

One of them was walking with a Black girl in the Poconos, and some kids yelled WOP WOP WOP at him, the funny thing is they left her alone.

Another one of them was in a car in Brewster, NY, when an Irish girl yelled she hates Italians.

Prejudice exists by and for every type of person and race on Earth. The question is how does it impact people in a society. If you really think that white races have it harder in the USA than Blacks then you are entitled to your opinion. I just lose respect for your opinions because to me you are obviously wrong, and I think many would agree with me on that.

Well, I don't know.
I don't think we can successfully study Whites vs Blacks in a setting which would prove it.

You seem to be basing Black ghettoes as a symptom of a White racist problem, there's other theories like a Welfare crutch made them lazier, or that Blacks just lack in the intelligence dept.

The fact remains that no, there isn't TV stereotyping of Blacks like there is upon Poles, or Italians of the same degree.

No, there's no sensitivity training if you tell dumb Polak, or Ginzo Mafia jokes, like there is if you told Black jokes.

No, there's no such perks for Polish, or Italian Men like Affirmative action, or the Minority Business Development agency.

Oh class warfare is definitely a factor, so are cultural issues, lack of education, drugs, gangs, crime, entitlements etc. etc. etc. I'm not denying that the black community has a variety of issues many of which are brought on by their own actions. I just wouldn't be so naive as to say that racism and prejudice isn't a factor nor would I say the absurdity that whites are more oppressed and have it easier than blacks in this country.

There isn't sensitivity training for the races you mentioned because they weren't historically enslaved and oppressed by law in our country, they weren't hung from trees, striped of their rights, they didn't have their towns torched... read a history book and take a visit to some of the swamp states in the south and open your eyes...

My father could tell you stories when he was a kid that would make you cry. He grew up like most black people alive today never knew.

My life started when I was born--not when my father was a child or even young adult. What happened to my grandfather has no effect on me. What happened to my great grandfather has no impact on my life. What happened to my great-great grandfather has no impact on my life.

When I hear or read of how blacks suffered because of what happened to their family members--in many cases people they never met or knew, I see excuse making.

Go to the library sometime and ask the librarian where the books are that were written by successful excuse makers. There are none. That's because everybody that lives by their excuses are all failures. Maybe that's part of the problem in the black community????
yeah, maybe that is part of the problem. Maybe there are also problems that have stem from generations of oppression and socioeconomic hardships. A culture that has fought through poverty, crime, exclusion, drug abuse, and poor education. Maybe we can be honest and recognize and discuss both sides of the coin instead of constantly flipping it over.

Very well.......discuss:

What is poverty? Poverty is the state of not having money or not enough money. Solution to poverty: acquire money. How to acquire money? Get a job that pays money. Don't get involved in any unnecessary expenses like drug usage or having children you can't reasonably afford. Whites can do this, blacks can do this.

Education: Most people are educated through public schooling. Public schooling is available in all areas of our country from the sticks to the city, from white areas to black areas. What is poor education? Poor education is when students don't want to learn and the parents really don't care.

Drug abuse: drug abuse is not discriminatory. It hits all four corners of the country. In many cases, drug abuse is rampant in middle-class suburbs as it is in the ghetto. It's the two year anniversary of the death of my cousins son who died at 28 years old because of overdosing. He was born and raised in the burbs.

Oh, look who is back with an empty baseless idiotic point. Thanks for sharing!!!
You wanted to have a discussion about "bigger issues", but you always run when someone actually has the opposite views about those "issues"....
haha. I run? You just checked out of this conversation for days can came back while I've stayed engaged. You are completely full of shit. Ask me a question and you'll get an answer. Maybe you can take notes about how its done.

As for MY question, I want to know what "institutions" are "oppressing" minorities.
You mean the one that kills more unarmed and non-aggressive white suspects than unarmed and belligerent black suspects?
Thats not a smart argument and you know it. 7 times the amount of white people in this country so of course the number is going to be higher. Look at the proportions

Every institution is against white people....

And why law enforcement? Ask yourself that.

Thats not a smart argument and you know it. 7 times the amount of white people in this country so of course the number is going to be higher. Look at the proportions

Some Whites hate each other......

The crime rates for white people are not 7 times the crime rates for blacks, not even close.

The interactions between white people and cops are actually lower.

Well, I don't know.

There was a Polish American user named Chrobry on another forum. his father, and uncle were Nazi POW slaves in workers camps.

He said when he asked Blacks if they knew anyone who was enslaved, they'd say "no"
But, when he told them his father,and uncle were slaves they'd gasp.

My father is a retired bricklayer, but he didn't get into that trade without a fight.

Like his brothers, he fell in love with construction..... particularly bricklaying. He was very good at it too.

As a young man trying to enter a trade, back then the union big shots had to approve of your application. He sat in a room with cigar smoking assholes, and they denied him the apprenticeship because he was Polish.

He probably would have just walked out and accepted the rejection like so many have before him. But after serving in the Marines and fighting a year in Korea, he had something to tell those guys.

When he got done with them and telling those assholes what he did for his country, nobody rejected his request; not because of his ethnic background, but because he was a proud veteran. If not for his service, he would have had to find different work.

Even you yourself admitted that any trace of racism against blacks in this country is self-inflicted.

Is it skin color or behavior that brings on this racism? Let's use some imagination, shall we?

Let's say blacks were renown for their work ethic, their family values, their obsession with cleanliness and order. They are people renown for their total support of law enforcement, and they are obsessed with proper English. They had American names like Don, Bob, Susan. They dressed to fit into any society, quiet, respectful towards others.

Do you really think that there would be any so-called racism or prejudice in this country towards blacks?

Remember that liberals always try to equate hard numbers and percentages
They constantly have trouble understanding the math fact that although whites have a higher numeric number of crime reports it's not 7X (;700%) higher and there are 700%(7X) more white people than blacks
Blacks, proportionate to their percentage of population are arrested something like 13X to whites .
It's not cops out to do bad to minorities. Most major metro police departments are robustly integrated
While the finger of blame is being pointed at white man, police, basically anyone of accomplishment or
authority, three fingers are pointing back at the true culprit

Even you yourself admitted that any trace of racism against blacks in this country is self-inflicted.

Is it skin color or behavior that brings on this racism? Let's use some imagination, shall we?

Let's say blacks were renown for their work ethic, their family values, their obsession with cleanliness and order. They are people renown for their total support of law enforcement, and they are obsessed with proper English. They had American names like Don, Bob, Susan. They dressed to fit into any society, quiet, respectful towards others.

Do you really think that there would be any so-called racism or prejudice in this country towards blacks?
The problem is people who think they've "got it," that they're "woke." But they do not in any way understand the impact slavery and Jim Crow had on the black community. Passing the Civil Rights Act and Affirmative Action is not a magic wand that it is going to make that impact magically disappear over night.

Things are getting better, but you need to hear the real stories of what really happens when you are a black person in this country, and what has happened to their family members before them. It influences attitudes, ya know, when your father is taken out and lynched.

Forum List

Back