Michelle Obama closes Mt. Rushmore for her own personal amusement

Is he inclement weather? Is he illness? Is he a natural disaster? .....do tell how you would insure against him?
I'll take Natural Disaster for $500, Alex.

yes, i would like to insure MY vacation against the obamas taking a vacation and ruining mine....yeah right.

Though i am thinking natural disaster would work too :lmao:
Yup, that sucks. The President's schedule (and his family's) is never known to peon citizens, so you never get that info in advance.

When he or his family goes out and about here, it's a fucking hassle. NO ONE is pleased. His wife was shopping somewhere last year. I had to go by that place to get to an appointment. I had no idea that she was going to be there.

Had I known, I would have taken an alternate route and not been late to my meeting. But, then again, it didn't cost me 4K. :eek:

Yup, it's a hassle when they go out and about, as it would be with any president and his family.

And, as it should be. But, that didn't keep me from being quite agitated at the time.

yes, i would like to insure MY vacation against the obamas taking a vacation and ruining mine....yeah right.

Yup, that sucks. The President's schedule (and his family's) is never known to peon citizens, so you never get that info in advance.

When he or his family goes out and about here, it's a fucking hassle. NO ONE is pleased. His wife was shopping somewhere last year. I had to go by that place to get to an appointment. I had no idea that she was going to be there.

Had I known, I would have taken an alternate route and not been late to my meeting. But, then again, it didn't cost me 4K. :eek:

Yup, it's a hassle when they go out and about, as it would be with any president and his family.

And, as it should be. But, that didn't keep me from being quite agitated at the time.

A few years ago, I had the 'pleasure' of staying at the same hotel as Louis Farrakhan. Man, that guy is on a 'How Important Am I' trip! Bodyguards crawling all over the place. One of them told my brother to 'move' away from the bar... where he had been standing, minding is own business.... did not go well for the bodyguard. :lol::lol:

A few years ago, I had the 'pleasure' of staying at the same hotel as Louis Farrakhan. Man, that guy is on a 'How Important Am I' trip! Bodyguards crawling all over the place. One of them told my brother to 'move' away from the bar... where he had been standing, minding is own business.... did not go well for the bodyguard. :lol::lol:
Oh, fuck that! Some private bodyguard? Kiss my ass. And, if he tried to physically remove me, 911 tout de suite.

I bet the bodyguard didn't have a nice experience.

The hotel HAD to know they were coming. Advanced teams setting up cameras on the roof takes a bit of time. So does background checking all of the staff.

it was wrong of them not to inform us that a "dignitary" would be staying with us and our rooms were no longer available and that there would be some "inconveniences"

I also look at it as them putting my life in danger and not giving me the option to decline. Think about that.

They should be out and about ...... they should also compensate for people out money becasue THEY want to relax.

The hotel HAD to know they were coming. Advanced teams setting up cameras on the roof takes a bit of time. So does background checking all of the staff.

it was wrong of them not to inform us that a "dignitary" would be staying with us and our rooms were no longer available and that there would be some "inconveniences"

I also look at it as them putting my life in danger and not giving me the option to decline. Think about that.

They should be out and about ...... they should also compensate for people out money becasue THEY want to relax.
I disagree with the obligation to inform you - for security reasons. I totally agree with you for compensation.

I disagree with the obligation to inform you - for security reasons. I totally agree with you for compensation.

oh i understand the security reasons.....and i agree with them.

The hotel warning of a "dignitary" and "inconveniences" ....does not mean the president and his family. It could be anyone. It would have given us the option to change our plans and avoid said "dignitary" and "inconveniences"

The hotel warning of a "dignitary" and "inconveniences" ....does not mean the president and his family. It could be anyone. It would have given us the option to change our plans and avoid said "dignitary" and "inconveniences"
I understand. Really. But I would bet that even releasing that information, security knew that, to those who would plan to harm the POTUS, that piece of information would be enough to make their job easier. And, even if they told you not to tell anyone else about a "dignitary" being there, they have no reason to believe you would.

Also, as that information is classified, if they did tell you and you have no clearance at all (an assumption, but even that info is limited to that compartment), they would be in violation of federal law. They won't go to prison for that.

It's not you, but those who want to do something like that - hurt the POTUS - are often quite sophisticated in their information gathering.

I understand. Really. But I would bet that even releasing that information, security knew that, to those who would plan to harm the POTUS, that piece of information would be enough to make their job easier. And, even if they told you not to tell anyone else about a "dignitary" being there, they have no reason to believe you would.

Also, as that information is classified, if they did tell you and you have no clearance at all (an assumption, but even that info is limited to that compartment), they would be in violation of federal law. They won't go to prison for that.

It's not you, but those who want to do something like that - hurt the POTUS - are often quite sophisticated in their information gathering.

oh i understand all of that......

And where is my choice to stay out of harms way? oooppppsss..... my part of the hotel got bunker busted. Thanks but ill pass.

oh i understand all of that......

And where is my choice to stay out of harms way? oooppppsss..... my part of the hotel got bunker busted. Thanks but ill pass.
Yup. It really sucks. Really. The peon citizens have to pay in more ways than just tax dollars. And, if there were an incident, you can rest assured that your safety would be tossed under the bus without a blink of an eye.

:)

Oh, fuck that! Some private bodyguard? Kiss my ass. And, if he tried to physically remove me, 911 tout de suite.

I bet the bodyguard didn't have a nice experience.

I think they're used to using intimidation to get what they want.... did not work. But watching the stand off was very entertaining. :lol: I'll need to PM the details. :lol:

Michelle Takes a Day Trip to Mt. Rushmore | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Queen Obama had Mt. Rushmore closed while she visited the landmark.
God forbid she be seen mingling with the peasants.

In case it matters ... the op is a lie.

Mt Rushmore wasn't closed.
The first Lady does not control her Secret Service detail.

I read some of the posts concerning the inconvenience of security. Takes me back to $arah/McSame visiting Tucson. The entire city was shut down for most of two days. Pain in the ass and there was no way of knowing what their route would be so there was also no way of being able to avoid it.

But, that's the whole point.

If security/Secret Service made the route or location known, it would make a lot easier for someone to assassinate the one being protected.

Think Gabby Giffords.

So far.... 5 self identified 'right wing' posters... and not one criticizing Michelle Obama. I wonder if DeceptivelyDumb will notice that?

I don't care who's what. And I don't care that I've received 4 negative rep marks for this thread (some from so-called conservatives). Do you realize how many people had their plans altered for Queen Obama? Do you realize how much we overspend on security protecting her? Why is there a freaking 10 car motorcade in South Dakota? It's not freaking Afghanistan. There's no credible threats. We accept this waste b/c we want to assume that these excessive means are necessary for protection. It's not. It's politicians wasting our time and money b/c they can.

biggest_whiner_statue_1.jpg

She ate fudge and ice cream too.

dear fat ass,, remember when you told us??..................

If you could get rebates on money gov't didn't waste, you'd be singing a different tune.

Yes, I know there are bigger wastes (for instance Queen Obama's vacation to Spain - she only needed a couple hundred secret service agents and to rent an entire hotel and beach on our dime); but I'm pointing it out nonetheless.

If you could get rebates on money gov't didn't waste, you'd be singing a different tune.

Yes, I know there are bigger wastes (for instance Queen Obama's vacation to Spain - she only needed a couple hundred secret service agents and to rent an entire hotel and beach on our dime); but I'm pointing it out nonetheless.

link please?

To proof it was the taxpayers who paid for 'an entire hotel', not just that she wnet there.

I'll wait.......

^^^
The implication being that I'm completely off? It's been months (maybe even about a year since that vacation). Go ahead and google search it and you'll find the waste if you want to find it. Would you be appalled if you found such waste? If your answer is yes then maybe I'll spend the time searching myself.

^^^
The implication being that I'm completely off? It's been months (maybe even about a year since that vacation). Go ahead and google search it and you'll find the waste if you want to find it. Would you be appalled if you found such waste? If your answer is yes then maybe I'll spend the time searching myself.

It isn't our job to prove something YOU said, dipshit. Either prove the tax payers paid for an entire hotel and beach, or be proven a liar. Your call.

Forum List

Back