Michele Bachmann Mangles Revolutionary History

Then why individual states?

Some functions are performed at the federal level, some are at the state level and some are at the local level

We actually fought a war to determine the extent of States Rights. The country has done very well since then

MOST are better performed AT the State Level.

The FED has limits. They have overreached their mandate, and are being called to task BY the States, and the people for their power grabs.

And *YOU* have a problem with this how?

You are the one bitching, not me

I love my country

Some functions are performed at the federal level, some are at the state level and some are at the local level

We actually fought a war to determine the extent of States Rights. The country has done very well since then

We have done well, but we have recently seen the Federal Government reach too far. Maybe it's time for another war. Are you willing to fight for your beliefs? I am.

I'll see you there

I'll be the one with the Mets baseball cap on

Not for long.

MOST are better performed AT the State Level.

The FED has limits. They have overreached their mandate, and are being called to task BY the States, and the people for their power grabs.

And *YOU* have a problem with this how?

You are the one bitching, not me

I love my country

Nope, you do not love your country. You love what some politician can do for YOU.

However MOST power resides with the STATES or the people...or have you forgotten the 9th and 10th Amendments?

Like I said, looks like the system is working. The latitude of the 9th and 10th amendment has been settled for generations and the United States, the one with a strong federal government, has emerged as the most successful country on earth

However? They haven't been re-written, nor AMENDED over. So that tells me that they remain in force.

YOU aren't very good at this are you? Usurpation over the rule of LAW that is the Constitution is your friend. Don't toy with something that you have no understanding over junior.

Your ignorance blatently shows.

My so called " ignorance" is supported by 200 years of judicial interpretation. Not much supporting your views of the 9 th and 10 th amendment except rightwing extremism

How would you like to be the only member of (435) congress stalked by Soros's well funded Media Matters picking up every flub and sending it to Huffington? There is a lot of hatred on the left. I guess it's good to have an outlet like this. Right winger doesn't even know he is a left winger. The left is becoming pathetic.

Like I said, looks like the system is working. The latitude of the 9th and 10th amendment has been settled for generations and the United States, the one with a strong federal government, has emerged as the most successful country on earth

However? They haven't been re-written, nor AMENDED over. So that tells me that they remain in force.

YOU aren't very good at this are you? Usurpation over the rule of LAW that is the Constitution is your friend. Don't toy with something that you have no understanding over junior.

My so called " ignorance" is supported by 200 years of judicial interpretation. Not much supporting your views of the 9 th and 10 th amendment except rightwing extremism

However the 9th and 10th still exist without the Amendment process...HOW do you account for that?

You cannot. Judicial action is a vice of folks as you better known as arrogance.

However the 9th and 10th still exist without the Amendment process...HOW do you account for that?

You cannot. Judicial action is a vice of folks as you better known as arrogance.

Judicial action is a cornerstone of the very document you claim to defend

Judicial action is a cornerstone of the very document you claim to defend

Three separate but equal branches of government. Do you understand? It's a lot like "rock, paper, scissors".

If you have ever read the Constitution you would know there is not much there. The writers intended you to " read between the lines" within a broad framework of government roles and responsibilities. We have established a court system to define where those lines are

Here's something specific you haven't read in the Constitution that you need to. The 10th amendment...

I have read it and so has every court for the last 200 years

Neither of us concur in your interpretation. We are now " The United States" not a bunch of states that are united

10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I think this says the Federal government can only use powers granted to it by the people. You think it says the Federal government can do whatever it wants. "We" don't have an "interpretation" issue. "You" have a "reading" issue...

The lefty thinks the Federal Government is the nerve center for the states. The Constitution explicitly states the feds get their authority and power from the states unless specified in the constitution.

When a lefty accuses a righty of ignoring or shredding the constitution, then you know you're on the right track.

In my opinion, lefties want to use judges when they can't get their way on election day. That is not what the courts are for.

They would rather the Judicial Branch act in the stead of the Legislative one.

How did righties respond to Obamacare?

I'm shocked, you are usually so logical. The reference was to opposing legislation through the courts and you whiffed and gave an example which didn't involve legislation through the courts but limiting the legislature to enacting laws that are Constitutional. You're usually such a strict adherent to logical reasoning whether it works for your against your cause that I can't believe you missed that one. I guess it just goes to show that everyone, even you, miss one once in awhile.

In my opinion, lefties want to use judges when they can't get their way on election day. That is not what the courts are for.

As prescribed by LAW. A couple judges rightfully proclaimed it UnConstitutional for it's provisions that force people to practice commerce they don't wish to participate in.

And how's Obama's rebuttal going that gave him and Holder 7 days to refute that Florida Judge?

Or will it be ignored in a subsequent act of defiance and arrogance of the Executive branch, and against the LAW?

Then why individual states?

We have done well, but we have recently seen the Federal Government reach too far. Maybe it's time for another war. Are you willing to fight for your beliefs? I am.
internet_serious_business2.jpg

I'll see you there

Good post ;-)

They responded through the courts to stop legislation. What a lefty does is respond through the courts to thwart the will of the people in an election. You made the mistake of forcing me to buy something I don't want to buy. You can't do that. It's unconstitutional.

internet_serious_business2.jpg

I'll see you there

Good post ;-)

What's good about it other than YOU agree with it?

Forum List

Back