michael moore backs clark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Johnney, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
  2. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The kiss of death for Clark.

Clark's only chance is to appeal to moderate voters turned off by Dean.

Moore just blew that for him.

3. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Clark: WHO?!? Shit can we decline????

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Everyone knows that Clark is Clinton's puppet candidate. But WW, you are right, no moderate is going to vote for Clark if Moore is endorsing him, and no liberal is going to vote for him in the first place.

So here's the question: is Moore genuinely behind Clark, or is he trying to erode Clark's support from the center by attaching his name to Clark's candidacy, thereby clearing the way for a more leftist Dem candidate like Dean, who would be more in line with Moore's foaming-at-the-mouth liberalism? I think it's the latter.

5. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Maybe Moore can become his speech writer and provide some off the wall rants. Clark already looks like he always has something stuck in his butt, so this would just match the speech with the look.

6. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    gop,

There is no way that Michael Moore has the self-awareness to realize that his advocacy of Clark will undermine his candidacy.

He is way too much of an egotistical blowhard. I do believe his endorsement is serious.

7. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, Moore's support of Clark is rooted in pragmatism. I saw him discussing it with Charlie Rose on public television. He feels that Clark has a great chance in several swing states. I think this really helps Clark with the far left liberals. They question Clark's party affiliation because he voted for Reagan. If Dean doesn't get the nomination, and it is beginning to look lke there is at least a decent chance of that happening, those far left votes will have to go somewhere. Moore is a hero to left wing fanatics and they may "see the light" and accept Clark to oust Bush.

If I were a Bush supporter, the scariest candidate out there would be Clark. He is from the south, a war hero, and a religious man. He is much closer to the center than Dean and is generally an appealing man. I think he is a tough target for Rush/Drudge etc. as well. His career is relatively spotless.

The bottom line, the far left will vote for anyone other than Bush. Clark just needs to get to the finals. It's that sweet spotof undecideds in the swing states that may be the difference. Another thing is, there is still a ton of possible bad news for Bush that can happen before November. The Iraq situation, which looks to be worsening, the 9/11 investigation (which is being held up by White House stonewalling), the job situation, etc. This could actually garner Clark Bush votes that are closer to the center.

Keep your eye on Clark, he is a rising star.

-Bam

8. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem almost the entire political arena agrees that Clark is not ready for the big time yet. The other thing that is going to hurt Clark is his ideological flip-flopping. Personally, if I would have to vote democratic, Lieberman would be my choice !

9. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't see how Clark has done so much flip flopping. If you read Drudge or listen to Rush you may though.

-Bam

10. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No my taste runs with a little more class the Rush or Limbaugh, more along the lines of the WSJ. I don't have time for silly little commentary shows.

Go back and look at the comments he has made about Iraq !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.