Mich. school practices 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.

I will believe you are a full of shit liar until you do.

Now will you admit you were wrong? Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something so trivial as this? Never mind the fact I just graduated from High School less than two years ago, so if anyone would know about which holidays public schools get off it would be me.

I see no Easter Vacation.

Now will you admit you were wrong? Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something so trivial as this? Never mind the fact I just graduated from High School less than two years ago, so if anyone would know about which holidays public schools get off it would be me.

Ok, I was wrong and I apologize for calling you a liar.

But I still maintain that is the exception and not the rule. I went to MA public schools over 20 years ago and we never got Good Friday off.

It's not listed as Easter vacation there. But that's what everyone referred to it as when I was in school.

Honestly, I don't see the point of arguing about such trivial bullshit or why anyone would think I'd lie. What should be the focus of this thread is how Chanel is once again trying to make people scared about those "evil" muslims!

But I still maintain that is the exception and not the rule. I went to MA public schools over 20 years ago and we never got Good Friday off.

Times change. Do you know for 30 years until last year, my state had Jewish holidays off? It probably helps my state has the most catholics of any state % wise, plus a good sized Jewish population. That's how school districts determine holidays anyway when it comes to the minor ones.

Apology accepted by the way.

It's not listed as Easter vacation there. But that's what everyone referred to it as when I was in school.

Honestly, I don't see the point of arguing about such trivial bullshit or why anyone would think I'd lie. What should be the focus of this thread is how Chanel is once again trying to make people scared about those "evil" muslims!

Ah, OK, I'll just take your word for it. :cuckoo: *coughs* Sure I will :rolleyes::disbelief:

Ah, OK, I'll just take your word for it. :cuckoo: *coughs* Sure I will :rolleyes::disbelief:

Again why would I lie about such trivial BS? I'm not going to waste my time getting into a pissing match with someone who's trying to tell me that my personal experiences are a lie. Simple as that.

In all fairness Spoonman, you asked for one holiday other than Christmas and Modbert gave you Good Friday.

So either man up or keep moving the goal posts.

Besides, people are always trying to argue what holidays should be celebrated both in and out of school.

My state is the only one that also celebrates V-J Day anymore. Even Hawaii stopped doing so. Go figure.

There is no Easter vacation. Spring Break? Has nothing to do with a religious holiday.

Now try again and give me a religious holiday students get off besides Christmas.
Bullshit. Come back when you can quit lying.

Spring break has nothing to do with Easter. It doesn't even fall consitantly on the same week for all schools.

Now I'll give you one more change. Name a Christian holiday that all Christians get off.
Every public school I've ever been involved with has spring break either the week before or after Easter. Fail.

Academic term - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

School holidays, which are not counted as instructional days, typically include Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Friday (two days although many systems take the Wednesday and/or the following Monday off as well), a winter break beginning on or before Christmas Eve through the day after New Year's Day (about 10 days), Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, spring break during the Western Christian Holy Week and sometimes the day after Easter (five or six days), and Memorial Day. Some schools also observe one or more of Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, and other state or local holidays. Some schools have additional holidays for students that are workdays for the staff, such as parent–teacher conference days
Exactly...it is the school system accommodating a religious group...exactly what the OP is whining about.

Well, except she approves in one case and not another.

There is no Easter vacation. Spring Break? Has nothing to do with a religious holiday.

Now try again and give me a religious holiday students get off besides Christmas.

Spring break has nothing to do with Easter. It doesn't even fall consitantly on the same week for all schools.

Now I'll give you one more change. Name a Christian holiday that all Christians get off.

The Christians are not big on holidays.

it sounds to me like a bunch of people got together and solved a problem.

if school's not in session, i don't have a problem with it, but i will admit there's a certain irony to a bunch of muslims tossing around the pigskin that amuses me.

go figure

But but, your framing it so Chanel cannot attack the evil Muslims!

i don't think chanel's intent was to attack the muslims.

Every public school I've ever been involved with has spring break either the week before or after Easter. Fail.

prosted once again for those a little slow on the uptake. Here's tip Ravi. There is a whole big world out there that does not revolve in the little corner of the woods you grew up in.

In the United States, the timing of spring break in tertiary institutions may range from the beginning of March to the later part of April, but many schools are in recess for at least one of the weeks in March. Some schools call this "March break" if it occurs in a middle week in March. Other schools call it "spring recess", or "spring recession".[1][2][3] Often, universities schedule spring break such that Saint Patrick's Day falls during the week in order to lessen the amount of partying and drinking on their campuses. Many K–12 institutions in the United States coincide their spring break with Easter and Passover. In New York and Connecticut, most students have spring break in April.

Oh and FAIL :lol:

as i recall, we always had good friday off. we used to go to world's end and drop acid. that was >20 yrs ago, so maybe it changed

good times

prosted once again for those a little slow on the uptake. Here's tip Ravi. There is a whole big world out there that does not revolve in the little corner of the woods you grew up in.

In the United States, the timing of spring break in tertiary institutions may range from the beginning of March to the later part of April, but many schools are in recess for at least one of the weeks in March. Some schools call this "March break" if it occurs in a middle week in March. Other schools call it "spring recess", or "spring recession".[1][2][3] Often, universities schedule spring break such that Saint Patrick's Day falls during the week in order to lessen the amount of partying and drinking on their campuses. Many K–12 institutions in the United States coincide their spring break with Easter and Passover. In New York and Connecticut, most students have spring break in April.

In Northern Maine, schools are closed for three weeks in the fall for the potato harvest.

It's a shame to see that USMB has taken on another moron. In the public school systems that don't have spring break over Easter they have these little things they call teacher's workdays. Most of the Jewish holidays here mysteriously fall on teacher's workdays. Why? Because the school is accommodating the students. And guess what...there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back