Mich. school practices 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.

I will believe you are a full of shit liar until you do.

Now will you admit you were wrong? Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something so trivial as this? Never mind the fact I just graduated from High School less than two years ago, so if anyone would know about which holidays public schools get off it would be me.

Ok, I was wrong and I apologize for calling you a liar.

But I still maintain that is the exception and not the rule. I went to MA public schools over 20 years ago and we never got Good Friday off.

Every Friday is a Good Friday.

I think that we should petition Christianity to change the name to Best Friday.

Every public school I've ever been involved with has spring break either the week before or after Easter. Fail.

prosted once again for those a little slow on the uptake. Here's tip Ravi. There is a whole big world out there that does not revolve in the little corner of the woods you grew up in.

In the United States, the timing of spring break in tertiary institutions may range from the beginning of March to the later part of April, but many schools are in recess for at least one of the weeks in March. Some schools call this "March break" if it occurs in a middle week in March. Other schools call it "spring recess", or "spring recession".[1][2][3] Often, universities schedule spring break such that Saint Patrick's Day falls during the week in order to lessen the amount of partying and drinking on their campuses. Many K–12 institutions in the United States coincide their spring break with Easter and Passover. In New York and Connecticut, most students have spring break in April.

Oh and FAIL :lol:

In Northern Maine, schools are closed for three weeks in the fall for the potato harvest.

Does southern Maine close to pick cranberries?

Now will you admit you were wrong? Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something so trivial as this? Never mind the fact I just graduated from High School less than two years ago, so if anyone would know about which holidays public schools get off it would be me.

But I still maintain that is the exception and not the rule. I went to MA public schools over 20 years ago and we never got Good Friday off.

as i recall, we always had good friday off. we used to go to world's end and drop acid. that was >20 yrs ago, so maybe it changed

good times
:eek: You mean to say manifold has lied? OMFG!

prosted once again for those a little slow on the uptake. Here's tip Ravi. There is a whole big world out there that does not revolve in the little corner of the woods you grew up in.

In the United States, the timing of spring break in tertiary institutions may range from the beginning of March to the later part of April, but many schools are in recess for at least one of the weeks in March. Some schools call this "March break" if it occurs in a middle week in March. Other schools call it "spring recess", or "spring recession".[1][2][3] Often, universities schedule spring break such that Saint Patrick's Day falls during the week in order to lessen the amount of partying and drinking on their campuses. Many K–12 institutions in the United States coincide their spring break with Easter and Passover. In New York and Connecticut, most students have spring break in April.

In Northern Maine, schools are closed for three weeks in the fall for the potato harvest.

No c-berries in Southern Maine.

You're thinking of Southern Mass.

Every public school I've ever been involved with has spring break either the week before or after Easter. Fail.

It's a shame to see that USMB has taken on another moron. In the public school systems that don't have spring break over Easter they have these little things they call teacher's workdays. Most of the Jewish holidays here mysteriously fall on teacher's workdays. Why? Because the school is accommodating the students. And guess what...there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Idiot.

Well you could always leave and then there would be one less moron. :lol:

Well looking at the school calendar posted I see teachers wordays posted separately from Jew Holidays. So again I see you have no clue what you are talking about.

No c-berries in Southern Maine.

You're thinking of Southern Mass.
Definitely Maine. We used to spend summers on Mt Desert Island. I remember up near Ellsworth there were tons of cranberry farms.

I guess I am unaware of them.

We do have tons of blueberries in the coastal regions.

(BTW, Ellsworth is not considered Southern Maine. It's Downeast)

as i recall, we always had good friday off. we used to go to world's end and drop acid. that was >20 yrs ago, so maybe it changed

good times

no, i mean to say i had good friday off.

For one it's not healthy for teens to be up all night. Hell it's not easy for anyone. I worked 3rd shift for a long time and nothing will screw with your health more than chronic lack of sleep. And anyone who thinks it's easy to sleep all day has obviously never tried it.

I'm willing to bet that injuries on the team will increase and performance will decline. It's up to the muslims to observe their arcane religious practices on their own. We should not be forced to comply.

It's a stupid decision.
Been a while since you were a teen, huh?

I played HS football did you?

I was a conference all star and I did that by following a healthy schedule of exercise and rest.

Have you ever stayed up all night at a physical job? Come 2 or 3 AM it's real tough to concentrate and that's when most injuries occur.

It's one thing to stay up all night sitting around or making out. It's quite another to perform heavy physical exertion where a lapse in technique can get you seriously injured.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S exactly what making out with my girlfriends entails!!!!!!:lol::lol:They are ANIMALS!!!!

I played HS football did you?

I was a conference all star and I did that by following a healthy schedule of exercise and rest.

Have you ever stayed up all night at a physical job? Come 2 or 3 AM it's real tough to concentrate and that's when most injuries occur.

It's one thing to stay up all night sitting around or making out. It's quite another to perform heavy physical exertion where a lapse in technique can get you seriously injured.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S exactly what making out with my girlfriend entails!!!!!!:lol::lol:They are ANIMALS!!!!

it's funny how everyone on the interwebz was an all-star.

i bet you could have been a pro if it weren't for a blown out knee, too.

:rofl:

Here's his picture.

uncle_rico.jpg

I once ran for four touchdowns in a single game.

$AlBundy33.jpg

good times

manifold did not lie. but manifold is enough of a man to admit he was wrong.

since this discussion I've done a little research and found out that many many public schools in MA still have Good Friday off. My home town isn't one of them.

I was fuck'n robbed growing up!! :evil:

I see no Easter Vacation.

It's not listed as Easter vacation there. But that's what everyone referred to it as when I was in school.

Honestly, I don't see the point of arguing about such trivial bullshit or why anyone would think I'd lie. What should be the focus of this thread is how Chanel is once again trying to make people scared about those "evil" muslims!

Once again you distort my position and attack the topic of the thread. If you were paying attention, I said I thought this was a GOOD idea. Yes, I post topics that elicit different points of view. If you don't want ùcontroversial discussions here, maybe we should just discuss soup. I like soup; do you like soup?

Good Friday is a religious holiday. Most schools respect that. My old school had several Jewish holidays because there were many Jewish students.My brothers school has Muslim holidays. Its about community values, and respect. Christmas has become secular.

good times

no, i mean to say i had good friday off.
Apparently he is one, though. According to this Boston School Calendar, Good Friday is a holiday from school. It is even called Good Friday and not Teacher's workday.

http://www.bostonpublicschools.org/files/BPS Cal SY10rev2-17.pdf

For one it's not healthy for teens to be up all night. Hell it's not easy for anyone. I worked 3rd shift for a long time and nothing will screw with your health more than chronic lack of sleep. And anyone who thinks it's easy to sleep all day has obviously never tried it.

I'm willing to bet that injuries on the team will increase and performance will decline. It's up to the muslims to observe their arcane religious practices on their own. We should not be forced to comply.

It's a stupid decision.

Are you implying being a Teen means you know what is best for Teens? just because Teens can stay up all night does not mean it is good for them. However people will do anything in the name of High school football so I am not surprised :)

However it did say predominately Muslim, so I need to know are there any non Muslims who are having to practice at night in order for the school to help Muslims be good Muslims? would the same school make any kind of concessions for Christians? Me thinks not.

good times

manifold did not lie. but manifold is enough of a man to admit he was wrong.

since this discussion I've done a little research and found out that many many public schools in MA still have Good Friday off. My home town isn't one of them.

I was fuck'n robbed growing up!! :evil:
:clap2:Too bad it's too late to delete your neg rep. :lol:

Forum List

Back