Mich. school practices 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.

Strollingbones, you do realize that millions of kids every year get injured, sometimes very seriously, from recreational activities and sports other than football. And football does account for padding that helps protect the kids and minimize injuries... Of course you probably wrap your kid in bubblewrap everyday before sending them to school.

Exactly. Every year at band camp, a girl will get severe vulvar and vaginal lacerations after inserting a flute into her vagina.

I thought it was a clarinet, or a Oboe.......I'd expect a flute to be "Safe Sex."

Do they change the time of the game to allow it?

You keep making inane points. Teams set their own practice times. If the team wants to practice from 11 to 4 am thats a decision for the team, coach, and the parents.
The point is they are making it to accommodate a religious practice. Something I here crybaby liberals whining about all day long when it applies to Christianity. Getting a tad hypocritical there aren't you?

What liberals generally are against is the school sponsoring religious activities or displaying religious symbols (like a school putting up the nativity scene). However, if a kid is christian and wants to go to Church on Good Friday or just skip because theyre fasting the school should accommodate their beliefs and allow for an excused absence and allow the student to make up their missed work. There is a huge difference between a school endorsing a religion and making accommodations for students religious beleifs. Again, its up to the parents, coach, and kids on the team to come up with the best practice schedule.

Last edited:
You keep making inane points. Teams set their own practice times. If the team wants to practice from 11 to 4 am thats a decision for the team, coach, and the parents.
The point is they are making it to accommodate a religious practice. Something I here crybaby liberals whining about all day long when it applies to Christianity. Getting a tad hypocritical there aren't you?

What liberals generally are against is the school sponsoring religious activities or displaying religious symbols (like a school putting up the nativity scene). However, if a kid is christian and wants to go to Church on Good Friday or just skip because theyre fasting the school should accommodate their beliefs and allow for an excused absence and allow the student to make up their missed work. There is a huge difference between a school endorsing a religion and making accommodations for students religious beleifs. Again, its up to the parents, coach, and kids on the team to come up with the best practice schedule.
I might add, if this school was in an area predominantly Orthodox Jew with a large percentage of the football team being Orthodox Jew, they would adjust football practice to avoid practice/games from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. Would people complain then?

Do they change the time of the game to allow it?

I have no problem with the lack of Sunday practices.

Strollingbones, you do realize that millions of kids every year get injured, sometimes very seriously, from recreational activities and sports other than football. And football does account for padding that helps protect the kids and minimize injuries... Of course you probably wrap your kid in bubblewrap everyday before sending them to school.

Exactly. Every year at band camp, a girl will get severe vulvar and vaginal lacerations after inserting a flute into her vagina.

I know many a male friend who came out in or because of Band Camp. :cool:

But they don't accomodate the Christians. so back to my original point.

I might add, if this school was in an area predominantly Orthodox Jew with a large percentage of the football team being Orthodox Jew, they would adjust football practice to avoid practice/games from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. Would people complain then?

:lol::lol::lol:

Orthodox Jew Football Team

orthodox-jews-2.jpg

So tell us, what should schools be doing that they are NOT doing to accomodate the Christians? Give us examples.

:lol::lol::lol:

Orthodox Jew Football Team

orthodox-jews-2.jpg

I believe that's Ultra-Orthodox.

I know many a male friend who came out in or because of Band Camp. :cool:

It seems xotoi's flute was rather popular.....:eusa_eh:

Again thats a issue for the parents, coach, and kids on the team to work out.

But trust me, none on the team is really complaining. Practicing during the night is much better than being outside in the summer heat.

OK, let's assume you can find an Orthodox Jew who could even play football. Would he wear the dark suit over the uniform or under it? And wouldn't he be going to a Jew school? Who cares what private schools do. We are talking public here.

Good point del. And I do agree that if all are on board, it's a pretty good idea. I'm just skeptical whether similar accomodations would be made for kids of other faiths.
All over America, schools are closed for Christmas break. Does that bother you, too?

:eusa_drool:

Again thats a issue for the parents, coach, and kids on the team to work out.

But trust me, none on the team is really complaining. Practicing during the night is much better than being outside in the summer heat.
There you go being inane again. The point is they made a decision based on religion. Well then again muslim is not really a true religion so maybe it doesn't count.

And they do allow prayer time...every day. I think what you want is "designated you must pray the prayer we give you to the god we want you to pray to" time.

Did I say CHRISTIAN prayer time?

No. I said "prayer time" ~ for any of the students to pray to whatever God they choose, including satan, if that's their god.

The way y'all are going, it's going to be a MANDATORY prayer time,

JUST so that the Muslim's can do their thang ~

even though NONE of y'all would stand for it for a moment if it was any other religion.

When y'all are thinking about all of this, try substituting the word "Christian" or "Jew" for the word "Muslim," THEN come tell us about how we should all have Religious Freedom to do whatever our Good Books tell us to do.

Why make accomodationms for the mulim students, they wouldn't for Christian students. Seems equal right under the constitution applies for all other so called religions other than Christianity, the one truth.

it sounds to me like a bunch of people got together and solved a problem.

if school's not in session, i don't have a problem with it, but i will admit there's a certain irony to a bunch of muslims tossing around the pigskin that amuses me.

go figure

But but, your framing it so Chanel cannot attack the evil Muslims!

Forum List

Back