Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'

If we cut aid and Mexico becomes even more poor, won't even MORE citizens come over here looking for a decent life?

Not if there is a wall and the border has been secured.

Once the wall is in place and the border has been secure, we will know who is applying for entrance, people can be vetted, and work visas can be given. We will KNOW and be able to control who comes in at that point, though.

"Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'"

Of course not.

The notion of a wall is rightwing idiocy.
Then why have Liberals been promising one for decades?
'IF you will agree to amnesty for this latest group we promise to build a wall.'

It is true that we do not lack the ability to build such a wall and to secure our border. Our politicians just lack the political will to do so.

I honestly think that if a leading democratic candidate suggested building a wall every single democrat would think it is a great idea. That is how it is to debate with anyone from the democratic party. Everything we suggest is correct everything anyone else suggest is wrong and the only reason I can think of is they have to support those in power. You see, if you actually thought that power was the greatest thing you can have then, of course, everything and anything your guy thinks of is awesome while everything your guy's opponent thinks of is wrong.

Of course not.

'IF you will agree to amnesty for this latest group we promise to build a wall.'

It is true that we do not lack the ability to build such a wall and to secure our border. Our politicians just lack the political will to do so.

Actually, the think we have been told is that amnesty will stop the illegals.

I think a wall's a good idea (don't tell anyone but our northern border is entirely nonexistent where I live) but wouldn't it have to be really, really long in order to be effective? I've heard 700 miles, but surely we border Mexico a lot more than that? There's that, and all the tunnels. I'm still trying to picture it, is all.
That, and, knowing how human beings work, if we build a wall they will find another route--row boats, no doubt.

I think a wall's a good idea (don't tell anyone but our northern border is entirely nonexistent where I live) but wouldn't it have to be really, really long in order to be effective? I've heard 700 miles, but surely we border Mexico a lot more than that? There's that, and all the tunnels. I'm still trying to picture it, is all.
That, and, knowing how human beings work, if we build a wall they will find another route--row boats, no doubt.

The whole lefts debate point is based on Mexico, which seems to inflame everyone.

So then, who is the worst regime in South America who actually despises the USA? Aren't they coming through the same porous borders? What about terrorists from abroad? Why fly into America and get scrutinized, when you can go elsewhere and sashay across the border with Mexico with no scrutiny at all?

The whole argument is a red herring put forth by the left. How many deals have already been cut in the past in Washington, and the whole premise of those deals were---------> give us this, and we will secure the border?

Now the left wants to hold the same shiny object out again (secured borders) and cut another deal. Why, we already have the last deal that the LEFT made......in fact, multiple deals.....and we still have an unsecured border.

Is the left on here suggesting that they are not trustworthy when making deals? And if they are trustworthy, then there is no debate because you already agreed multiple times to get what you wanted back then, to secure the border! So, FINISH THE DEAL and quit WHINING! You were already PAID for the execution of the deal!

Maybe that is why they hate Trump so badly. He doesn't have to cut a new deal for his wall, because the left has already agreed to it multiple times in writing, lol.

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.

Mexico is only going to pay for what is in Mexico's best interest.......as in their Immigration Program. Mexico keeps out illegals from Guatemala and el Salvador; only letting in people they deem desirable and not criminal. Liberals would shit themselves if US adopted Mexico's Immigration and Enforcement policy. Then, why and how should we take Mexico seriously when they wag their finger at us about rights and humanity? Mexico is corrupt.

Of course not.

Um...we have a wall....or it is my imagination what I see along the border when I am driving on I8 towards Phoenix.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

We'll take their desperate and unemployed.

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

We'll take their desperate and unemployed.

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Of course not.

Um...we have a wall....or it is my imagination what I see along the border when I am driving on I8 towards Phoenix.
The wall does not extend the full length of the border. There are some places where there is no wall. The wall that exists - everywhere that it exists - is not of sufficient design to prevent illegals from crossing over and entering the US...and then there is, of course, the latest news there Obama has ordered the BPA to 'stand down'...according to the BPA.

There sure as hell isn't going to be a wall in the Southern Central AZ border. That belongs to an Indian tribe, which is on both sides of the border. They are a sovereign nation, and will not tolerate a US wall splitting their reservation.

This is going to be a big problem for Trump Enterprises. I feel sure that he has been investing in wall building companies....

Leave the billion dollar Bush wall out of this ... holes and all.

LMAO

I am sure that those who believe in bumper sticker solutions to complex problems would love a wall. The rest of us make a living selling those bumper sticker to those people, so I guess that we should not discourage them.

There sure as hell isn't going to be a wall in the Southern Central AZ border. That belongs to an Indian tribe, which is on both sides of the border. They are a sovereign nation, and will not tolerate a US wall splitting their reservation.

This is going to be a big problem for Trump Enterprises. I feel sure that he has been investing in wall building companies....

Indian reservations are not "sovereign nations". They are part of the USA that has been deeded to the indian tribes. The are not separate countries. Are you a complete moron?

Forum List

Back