Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'

I am sure that those who believe in bumper sticker solutions to complex problems would love a wall. The rest of us make a living selling those bumper sticker to those people, so I guess that we should not discourage them.

secure the border first, stop illegal immigration completely, then lets talk about what we do after that.

The border will never be secure to the satisfaction of Republicans

It just gives them an excuse to block immigration reform

Immigration reform just means let everyone in and do nothing to restrict future illegal immigration. I would rather do nothing than buy into 'immigration reform'. WE could actually just start enforcing the existing law but that would be to difficult to do for the current administration. In the meantime, we will build a fence. If they manage to hop over it then they can be in the US for the rest of their lives.

Mexico will pay what we tell them to pay, we have bombed countries into the stone age for killing fewer Americans than these illegals kill.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

We'll take their desperate and unemployed.

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Then boycott Ford until they move their manufacturing back to the US.

Ford has been building cars in Nogales Mexico for about 10 years. How is that boycott coming? Don't worry, though. You can switch to Buick. They are going to build those in China./

I don't buy ford, so boycotting by me won't do a thing. I don't care where they are built.

The left bitches about manufacturing jobs leaving but they won't do anything about it. If the tariffs get too high people if they are smart should quit buying.

The left likes to bitch. Just the way it is.

The truth is, Sgt. Friday, there is only one side of the spectrum that is bitching. I have no problem buying a Honda at the lowest possible price. I would be a fool not to.

How about we charge MExico a fee for every illegal we catch. If they want their citizens back they have to pay per person.

I am sure that those who believe in bumper sticker solutions to complex problems would love a wall. The rest of us make a living selling those bumper sticker to those people, so I guess that we should not discourage them.

secure the border first, stop illegal immigration completely, then lets talk about what we do after that.

Immigration reform just means let everyone in and do nothing to restrict future illegal immigration. I would rather do nothing than buy into 'immigration reform'. WE could actually just start enforcing the existing law but that would be to difficult to do for the current administration. In the meantime, we will build a fence. If they manage to hop over it then they can be in the US for the rest of their lives.

We employees of VH Ladder and Shovel Supply Co. heartily endorse this proposal!

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Then boycott Ford until they move their manufacturing back to the US.

Ford has been building cars in Nogales Mexico for about 10 years. How is that boycott coming? Don't worry, though. You can switch to Buick. They are going to build those in China./

I don't buy ford, so boycotting by me won't do a thing. I don't care where they are built.

The left bitches about manufacturing jobs leaving but they won't do anything about it. If the tariffs get too high people if they are smart should quit buying.

The left likes to bitch. Just the way it is.

The truth is, Sgt. Friday, there is only one side of the spectrum that is bitching. I have no problem buying a Honda at the lowest possible price. I would be a fool not to.

Ohhh, buying a Honda, good for you! You are special.

Start putting employers in jail and the jobs will dry up

No need for a wall

Start putting employers in jail and the jobs will dry up

No need for a wall

Hell, then they go to sanctuary cities, then all will be good.

You punish business but not government. You would think illegal aliens holding government jobs should be illegal.

Not sure why you one should be ok and the other not.

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.

There are other ways to be paid than by a direct cash

Yep, like putting a stop to remittances being sent to Mexico, which is the second largest source of hard currency next to their oil industry.

2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Yep, like putting a stop to remittances being sent to Mexico, which is the second largest source of hard currency next to their oil industry.

Well, there goes my vacation in Cancun! Also, a buddy on mine, who has a winter home in Mexico, is sure going to miss his SS check!

2 Hours Ago

Trump is a nut job ,,bankrupt 4x and now he'll do the same for america

2 Hours Ago

Well, there goes my vacation in Cancun! Also, a buddy on mine, who has a winter home in Mexico, is sure going to miss his SS check!

I'm sorry you have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you ask nicely, I'll explain.

2 Hours Ago

I agree and disagree. Could the US toss some type of tariff on Mexico? I am not sure that would be allowable under NAFTA. NAFTA is a treaty. Treaties are above Fed law and below the constitution. A 2/3 vote by Congress would be necessary.

I disagree that the wall is not necessary and is not beneficial to the US. It is a must and we sorely need the wall.

Mexico will pay what we tell them to pay, we have bombed countries into the stone age for killing fewer Americans than these illegals kill.

Not even worthy of a response.....

I take it you are an advocate for illegals, tell me how many American citizens have to be murdered, raped, robbed, and tortured before the borders are secured and the illegals are driven out of our country?

2 Hours Ago

Of course they won't pay. They don't want a fence.

How much money do you think illegals send back to relatives in Mexico??

They want our money. Its a big part of their economy.

If you are waiting for them to build or contribute to a fence then you may as well piss up that rope. Dummy,

2 Hours Ago

I'm sorry you have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you ask nicely, I'll explain.

I do, indeed, know what you are talking about. You are talking about closing the shops that forward money from Mexican's to their families. However, you can only do that if you stop all US currency flow, like we did with Cuba. They were so upset with us that they decided to remain communist for 50 years!

I take it you are an advocate for illegals, tell me how many American citizens have to be murdered, raped, robbed, and tortured before the borders are secured and the illegals are driven out of our country?

Blue, you fall into the category of "radical nutjob" I don't waste time on those.

Blue, you fall into the category of "radical nutjob" I don't waste time on those.

You fall into the category of dumb as a brick, are you a liberal? That would make sense.

Forum List

Back