Mexico president: 'We won't pay for wall'

Frankly - why should Mexico pay for a wall?

WE are responsible for border security entering our country.

THEY are responsible for border security entering their country.

Given that Mexico has a huge problem with American gun runners - maybe we should pay for the wall to prevent our people from smuggling guns down there?

You just answered your own question. It would help cut down on arms smuggling from the US to Mexico, that's why they should want a wall and should pay for it. Other than that they should pay for it since they have been the ones allowing illegals to cross the border. They have been complicit in drug trafficking, and human trafficking. Their illegals have cost us billions if not trillions over the last several decades.

The question is, why are you so against having Mexico pay for the wall?
Coyote is a Bleeding Heart Liberal...nauseating, to say the least.

You're neighbor wants to build a wall between his property and yours because you're kids are so damn noisy. You should pay for it right?
Nice pathetic try...
If my kids go on his property and use his property and raid his fridge and use his utility...
YES.

Trespassers aren't NOISY; they're TAKING our taxes.

Last edited:
If we taxed those imports 20%, the US government would get $60 billion, not $13 billion.
That $60 billion would be paid by US consumers paying higher prices.

That is the fact you chose to present. I want to look at the NET tax difference from both nations. This shows that we, the USA, have the clear advantage in any trade war with Mexico and would still NET $13 billion.

And the US consumers might pay more, but they wont pay all of that tax, as the companies in competition with each other would spread the additional cost around. They would not pass it all to the consumer in higher prices.

If Mexico decided to add their own tax, that wouldn't reduce the $60 billion the US government took.

I am speaking of the whole country's gain, not just the government. Sure the government would gain approximately $60 billion but that does not help the US citizen on that same scale, which is why I looked at the net gain.

I am not looked for a long winded argument over semantic differences. Consider this my last response on this topic.

That is the fact you chose to present. I want to look at the NET tax difference from both nations.

Great. We imported about $300 billion from Mexico. Tax that 20%, you raise $60 billion for the Treasury.

How would that $60 billion be reduced by a Mexican tariff on US exports?
You don't think the US government pays the tariff a foreign government imposes, do you?

but they wont pay all of that tax, as the companies in competition with each other would spread the additional cost around. They would not pass it all to the consumer in higher prices.

Why do you feel increased corporate expenses is any better for Americans than higher prices?
You'd have lower profits, less government tax revenue, less hiring and lower dividends.

am speaking of the whole country's gain, not just the government. Sure the government would gain approximately $60 billion but that does not help the US citizen on that same scale,

Of course raising the cost to US consumers isn't going to help US citizens.

Consider this my last response on this topic.

That's probably a good idea. LOL!

Frankly - why should Mexico pay for a wall?

WE are responsible for border security entering our country.

THEY are responsible for border security entering their country.

Given that Mexico has a huge problem with American gun runners - maybe we should pay for the wall to prevent our people from smuggling guns down there?

You just answered your own question. It would help cut down on arms smuggling from the US to Mexico, that's why they should want a wall and should pay for it. Other than that they should pay for it since they have been the ones allowing illegals to cross the border. They have been complicit in drug trafficking, and human trafficking. Their illegals have cost us billions if not trillions over the last several decades.

The question is, why are you so against having Mexico pay for the wall?

If Mexico WANTS to pay for the wall in order to cut down smuggling, that is one thing. It's quite another to build something and then demand another country pay for it.

If you think it's THEIR responsibility to prevent illegals from crossing, then consider this - is it OUR responsibility to prevent guns from entering Mexico, so does that mean we should pay for the wall?

We're building the wall on our side of the border. We pay for it. Stupid idea.

No, THEIR criminals are in OUR country, causing us billions each year. Whether it's incarceration costs, or hospital and schools costs for their kids, not to mention the lives destroyed by their rapists and murderers. There is no price to quantify that. They WILL pay for all the shit they have inflicted on us. Even if it is through fines on illegals here, and the families that habor them, or taxes on goods imported from them. I don't really give a damn how we pay for it now, as long as the wall gets built to stop this bullshit.

Originally posted by Coyote
If Mexico WANTS to pay for the wall in order to cut down smuggling, that is one thing. It's quite another to build something and then demand another country pay for it.

If you think it's THEIR responsibility to prevent illegals from crossing, then consider this - is it OUR responsibility to prevent guns from entering Mexico, so does that mean we should pay for the wall?

In this debate, Coyote sounds like an island of mental sanity surrounded by a sorry bunch of super patriotic american clowns totally out of control, on steroids... spewing insanities like trying to force a neighboring country to pay for US border control.

but but but....The Donald sez they will!

Mexico receives over $420 million annually in US foreign aid.

Mexicans send over $120 billion back home annually, so a 10% surtax on that transfer would net $12 billion annually.

A 20% tax on all goods coming in from Mexico would net $13 billion annually.

But who knows how much Mexico is paying already in businesses that are not moving to Mexico?

And they cannot stop any of it at all. They can only respond by putting their own taxes on goods and payments sent from Mexico, but we still come out way ahead the worse the trade barriers get as we keep more and more businesses here.
Damn, did I call it or what?

http://nypost.com/2017/01/26/trump-wants-20-percent-import-tax-to-pay-for-mexico-wall/

In this debate, Coyote sounds like an island of mental sanity surrounded by a sorry bunch of super patriotic american clowns totally out of control, on steroids... spewing insanities like trying to force a neighboring country to pay for US border control.
Do you normally hear sounds when you read?

You might want to see shrink about that.

The insanity is all yours. Their citizens are causing us problems, we don't need a border on the Canadian border. Mexico has cost us a fortune in money and resources.

Originally posted by Iceweasel
The insanity is all yours. Their citizens are causing us problems, we don't need a border on the Canadian border. Mexico has cost us a fortune in money and resources.

Mexico as a country is no more responsible for mexican citizens who enter America illegally than the US is responsible for american criminals who enter Mexico illegally to escape american justice.

Nobody here is denying America the sovereign right to secure her borders any way she sees fit, including but not limited to a wall....

All I'm saying is that preventing illegal immigration is in America's national interest not Mexico's.... so America must pay for its own national interest.

If Mexico deemed necessary to build a wall to protect itself from the giant drug market created by millions of american crackheads as well as prevent the smuggling of american weapons into the country that fuel the drug war that has killed more than 100000 mexican citizens I'd be saying the exact same thing...

This is a mexican national interest so mexicans pay for it.

This is the problem with super patriots of all flavors, be they Russian, Chinese or Americans...

They take a perfectly legimate cause like a country wanting to protect its own borders and then throw it all out of window by adding absurdities to their just cause like forcing neighboring countries to fund their own national interest.

Mexico as a country is no more responsible for mexican citizens who enter America illegally than the US is responsible for american criminals who enter Mexico illegally to escape american justice.

Nobody here is denying America the sovereign right to secure her borders any way she sees fit, including but not limited to a wall....

All I'm saying is that preventing illegal immigration is in America's national interest not Mexico's.... so America must pay for its own national interest.

If Mexico deemed necessary to build a wall to protect itself from the giant drug market created by millions of american crackheads as well as prevent the smuggling of american weapons into the country that fuel the drug war that has killed more than 100000 mexican citizens I'd be saying the exact same thing...

This is the problem with super patriots of all flavors, be they Russian, Chinese or Americans...

They take a perfectly legimate cause like a country wanting to protect its own borders and then throw it all out of window by adding absurdities to their just cause like forcing neighboring countries to fund their own national interest.

Beautifully said and astute.

Again as noted before this is just another continuation of Donald Rump's abject inability to take responsibility for anything. He's been handed everything for nothing for so long --- all his life --- that he's come to expect it. So in that sense it sort of follows that he might expect somebody else should pay for his jollies on this.

What's much more astounding is that our citizens can't find the spine to stand up and tell him why he's completely wrong to expect that. At least from Rump the spoiled narcissist, it's expected.

Their citizens are causing us problems

Izzat right.

So you have this list of all these "problem" people, and they're all Mexican citizens, are they? No Guatemalans, Hondurans, Salvdorans etc?

Surely you have a link then?

Moreover, even if you get past that hurdle, which you won't ---------- is every country now legally liable for what its bad apples do abroad?

Take that mass shooter at Virginia Tech -- Korean dood. Shall we now build a wall around Korea and expect Korea to pay for it?

Think through much?

When the price of goods coming out of Mexico goes up 20%, we will be paying for it.

Izzat right.

So you have this list of all these "problem" people, and they're all Mexican citizens, are they? No Guatemalans, Hondurans, Salvdorans etc?

Moreover, even if you get past that hurdle, which you won't ---------- is every country now legally liable for what its bad apples do abroad?

Take that mass shooter at Virginia Tech -- Korean dood. Shall we now build a wall around Korea and expect Korea to pay for it?

Think through much?
Listen, you deranged idiot. The illegals coming from Mexico are Mexican and are causing problems. You need a link?

I don't care that you are too stupid to know anything about it but when you give me grief over it I'm going to call a spade a spade. Surely you can find a link to a mental health clinic?

Izzat right.

Think through much?
Listen, you deranged idiot. The illegals coming from Mexico are Mexican and are causing problems. You need a link?

I don't care that you are too stupid to know anything about it but when you give me grief over it I'm going to call a spade a spade. Surely you can find a link to a mental health clinic?

I sure do. Because I already know better.

See I have this weird habit --- I find out what I'm talking about before opening my big mouth about it. Weird huh?

This is in fact where the whole "they're rapists" canard comes from --- predatory human traffickers IN Mexico, preying on (eg) Guatemalans passing through enroute HERE. There are rapists, but they're doing the raping in Mexico. They wouldn't be crossing our border because that would remove their victims.

That's been known for quite some time but it's apparently too complex for simple minds who can't handle the thought that more than two countries exist, so he dumbs it down to "they're rapists" and y'all just swallow whole, never asking a question, and then go "yes Master, may I have another".

Izzat right.

Think through much?

I sure do. Because I already know better.

See I have this weird habit --- I find out what I'm talking about before opening my big mouth about it. Weird huh?

This is in fact where the whole "they're rapists" canard comes from --- predatory human traffickers IN Mexico, preying on (eg) Guatemalans passing through enroute HERE. There are rapists, but they're doing the raping in Mexico. They wouldn't be crossing our border because that would remove their victims.

That's been known for quite some time but it's apparently too complex for simple minds who can't handle the thought that more than two countries exist, so he dumbs it down to "they're rapists" and y'all just swallow whole, never asking a question, and then go "yes Master, may I have another".
You don't know anything of value. You project your stupid thoughts onto others, the rest of us know it's quite costly for illegals to pour in numerous ways. No one can understand it for you.

If you know what you're talking about, please tell us more about bulls being cows - Idiot!

Think through much?
So you guys have come to terms that the Wall will be built.

Baby steps for the libtard

Think through much?
So you guys have come to terms that the Wall will be built.

Baby steps for the libtard

Wu0Ub37.gif

If you know what you're talking about, please tell us more about bulls being cows - Idiot!

That makes absolute zero sense. On the Kelvin scale.
Perhaps you'd like to try Czech since English she not work so good.

Forum List

Back