Mexican truckers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ScreamingEagle, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Mexican Truckers Coming to America
    03 Sep 2007

A long-delayed plan to allow Mexican trucks to roam the United States is going into effect this week. The last hurdle was cleared when the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco rejected an appeal from the Teamsters Union and Sierra Club.

The Teamsters and Independent Trucking Association both oppose the program set up by the North Amereican Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which will allow 100 preapproved Mexican companies to begin sending their rigs and drivers stateside. The government's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration says the courts decision is welcome news for U.S. truck drivers who they claim are anxious to work south of the border.

Those opposing the program say U.S. transportation officials have failed to comply with congressional requirements aimed at making sure Mexican drivers and trucks will be safe on U.S. roads and highways.

Some even say the program will allow low-paid Mexican truckers to take jobs from American drivers. There are also fears Mexican drivers will be used to smuggle drugs or terrorists across the border.

The program will begin September 6th.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

2. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hey, I don't know about you guy's, but I'd say the "wild west" is back on the board.

Can't hardly wait to see what the Mexicans think about our 400 lb truck drivers, how bout you?

It just amazes me as to the terrible shape OUR truck drivers are in these days. Their all FAT AS PIGS, no disrespect..............:eusa_naughty:

I got NO PROBLEM with Mexican drivers on our roads, I'd say they are a comp let assets.

Now, if we can just go to Mexico without being robbed, murdered, the world would be good, or at the least EVEN..................:eusa_whistle:

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

One more step toward screwing the US for global profit. Losers.

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    The problem is that the 100 Mexican trucking companies will not be subject to our emissions standards; will not be paying wages comparable to what our drivers get; will not be paying the U.S. taxes while using our infrastructure; and will not be subject to security checkpoints.

I think Congress needs to address those issues since the Court couldn't absent controlling legislation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Was wondering if I was the only one that was aware of this. It's BS, is what it is.

I agree with you on this one.

6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Thanks. I think most of us can agree on this one. And, believe it or not, I found out about it listening to Randi Rhodes on the way home from work. She agrees with us too.:eusa_shhh:

7. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This is the liberal case, which is valid, and there is a conservative one, too. But as we can all see, our politicians aren't ideologues, they're professional America-screwers for profit.

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    The "liberal case"? As opposed to what? Those are the only issues that should matter to any of us.

Don't ever mistake the "racist" case for the conservative one.... the terms are not interchangeable.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The fact is, this benefits Mexico/Mexicans, and whoever's buying their goods.

It means just that much more easy access crossing anything they want across the border.

And it means trucks belching smoke plowing through states where US citizens couldn't get an inspection sticker if their vehicles did the same.

So all in all, just BS from the word go.

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030
    http://www.freetrade.org/node/233