Message to LGBTQ people -- stop pushing your agenda into my beloved roleplaying games!!!

I knew nothing about homosexuality when I was a child, I didn't even think it existed. When kids at school started using the word "gay" and "fag" in seventh grade, I did not know what those words meant, and I don't think they did either.

I had friends who acted gay in high school, but I was still so naive I did not perceive them as gay, I just thought they acted weird. When I signed up for a drama class and saw a bunch of men prancing around acting gay, I was uncomfortable and dropped the class, but I still did not know what I was seeing.

Finally, in my first year of community college, I went to an outing with a strange nerdy female friend of mine, and at that outing I saw her other strange nerdy friends. And then I saw two men kissing each other on the lips, and I still didn't know what was going on, but I didn't like it so I left the park without saying goodbye to anyone.

So I was an innocent child, and gayness wasn't always shoved in your face back then, and people were gay, but they didn't make you look at it. And because that's the way my life was, I wish it was still that way. The constant, unrelenting, unmerciful focus of the media on gayness now irritates me.

You poor, delicate flower.

Prancing around acting gay?

Idiot.

I notice that all the usual suspects are deliberately misconstruing and lying about what I have said. I have already said that a gay male has played in my game, and that when he moves back from Ohio, he and his husband are welcome to return.

All I'm saying is that this gender confusion crap doesn't need to be in book that will be read by children. That's all I'm saying. We already have gay parents encouraging their children to be gender confused, and we don't need more mind-twisted unhappy children.

You act like you know more about what children need than other people. Why is that?
Because I raised three children, and I am a good father, as my three children and my wife, and everyone else who knows me would tell you.

I spend more time with my son's friends than their own fathers do, and I am more of a father than any of them have ever had. We play roleplaying games, and through that I try to teach them lessons of what I know of the world from the perspective of a 50-year-old man who has seen a lot.

I do not approve of homosexual marriage, but the gay male married couple are welcome to play in my game because I know the difference between disapproval and intolerance. That's a distinction that has been plowed down by the radical gay agenda folks, who say that anyone who disapproves of homosexual marriage is a "hater" and deserves to be utterly destroyed.

Typically, the usual radical hateful liberals are lying about what I said in the OP. I did not say I will not play roleplaying games with LGBTQ folks, in my second post and afterwards I made it clear that a gay male DID play a key role in my last campaign, and that he and his husband are welcome to play again if they move back from Ohio, which is what they are planning to do.

I am sure they are aware that I, a traditional Catholic, disapprove of their lifestyle but that does not have to interfere with our friendship. As a Christian who follows what the Bible says, I have no choice but to disapprove of homosexuality, it is explicitly said in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin.

But disapproval is not the same as intolerance. I can be friends with people who do things I disapprove of. I'm sure that among my friends are many people who do things I disapprove of, especially such common sins like adultery and fornication.

Like I said, and I said it again, LGBQT are not special snowflakes. But there is no other group of sinners seeking approval for the sins they commit. We do not have idol worshippers, adulterers, thieves and murderers demanding that we approve of what they do. LGBTQ are the only group doing that.

You have no credentials that I don't have. I think you should tell your kids all about gay people and how your God made them just like he made everyone else.

Freak.
You don't even have a job do you?

Why would you say something so stupid?

Lonelaugher, I know you rated my last post "funny" because that's the closet thing to a negative rating you could come up with, not because you actually thought it was funny.

But tell me, how do you have time for nearly 39,000 posts and still hold down a job? I cannot see that as possible.

Lonelaugher, I know you rated my last post "funny" because that's the closet thing to a negative rating you could come up with, not because you actually thought it was funny.

But tell me, how do you have time for nearly 39,000 posts and still hold down a job? I cannot see that as possible.

Idiot. My posts are short. I could buy you twice, gameboi.

There is a movement afoot by the modern feminist movement (I say modern since it is mostly LGBTQ and not traditional feminist) to tell the world that white males who play roleplaying games are dangerous rapists who hate women, minorities, and LGBTQ people, and won't let them play.

This is a dirty lie.

While most of the people I have played roleplaying games ARE straight white males, this is not because of discrimination or harassment. Whenever a female wants to play, we are very welcoming. But most females don't want to play. The game is not interesting to most females. They like the pretending to be someone else part, but for the most part they are uninterested in the nitty-gritty of rules mechanics, and they quickly grow bored with the game.

We HAVE played with a gay male, and he is always welcome to play again. He is moving back from Ohio, and will rejoin our group when he does, and we have alway invited his husband. Not only is the husband gay, but he is a Bernie Sanders supporter as well, AND an admitted Marxist-Leninist, and he is STILL welcome to my game.

We also have a black male at the game, and right now he has taken center stage in my campaign as the character who knows the most about what's really going on, and is leading the quest.

So it is a lie that white straight males are exclusive, or that we are harassing, women, minorities, and LGBTQ people.

And, it may interest you to know, I have included an important NPC character who is female, but was lied to by her mother and thinks she is male. This NPC is a tough half-orc who was recently boatswain on a ship, in charge of discipling the men. Only the black male player knows this at this point, and it is causing him much pain when the others talk to this half-orc as "one of the guys." Because not only is the character female, she is a virgin and does not know anything about sex, and does not understand hints and innuendo about sex.
You sound like GamerGate.
Yes, duh, I'm talking about Gamergate. You catch on quick.

Gamergate is about femi-Nazis attacking and ruining roleplaying games with their radical feminist and LGBTQ agenda.

How many traditional female characters are going to engage in deadly adventures with a group of males? These characters are not stay at home and raise the children types. Maybe own a business in the town, manage a castle or run a school.

I notice that all the usual suspects are deliberately misconstruing and lying about what I have said. I have already said that a gay male has played in my game, and that when he moves back from Ohio, he and his husband are welcome to return.

All I'm saying is that this gender confusion crap doesn't need to be in book that will be read by children. That's all I'm saying. We already have gay parents encouraging their children to be gender confused, and we don't need more mind-twisted unhappy children.

You act like you know more about what children need than other people. Why is that?
Because I raised three children, and I am a good father, as my three children and my wife, and everyone else who knows me would tell you.

I spend more time with my son's friends than their own fathers do, and I am more of a father than any of them have ever had. We play roleplaying games, and through that I try to teach them lessons of what I know of the world from the perspective of a 50-year-old man who has seen a lot.

I do not approve of homosexual marriage, but the gay male married couple are welcome to play in my game because I know the difference between disapproval and intolerance. That's a distinction that has been plowed down by the radical gay agenda folks, who say that anyone who disapproves of homosexual marriage is a "hater" and deserves to be utterly destroyed.

Typically, the usual radical hateful liberals are lying about what I said in the OP. I did not say I will not play roleplaying games with LGBTQ folks, in my second post and afterwards I made it clear that a gay male DID play a key role in my last campaign, and that he and his husband are welcome to play again if they move back from Ohio, which is what they are planning to do.

I am sure they are aware that I, a traditional Catholic, disapprove of their lifestyle but that does not have to interfere with our friendship. As a Christian who follows what the Bible says, I have no choice but to disapprove of homosexuality, it is explicitly said in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin.

But disapproval is not the same as intolerance. I can be friends with people who do things I disapprove of. I'm sure that among my friends are many people who do things I disapprove of, especially such common sins like adultery and fornication.

Like I said, and I said it again, LGBQT are not special snowflakes. But there is no other group of sinners seeking approval for the sins they commit. We do not have idol worshippers, adulterers, thieves and murderers demanding that we approve of what they do. LGBTQ are the only group doing that.

You have no credentials that I don't have. I think you should tell your kids all about gay people and how your God made them just like he made everyone else.

Freak.
You don't even have a job do you?

Why would you say something so stupid?
I asked you because you have an insane number of posts, nearly 39,000 in five years. You must be on this forum non-stop. That's why I can always count on you to jump on all my threads and register your disapproval, you and Clayton who thinks everything is a "straw man fallacy" because he doesn't know what that is.

That's a tall boast since you don't know how much money I make or how much my net worth is. But even if it's true, if you're rich, you're idle rich. You inherited money from your Daddy and Mommy.

That's a tall boast since you don't know how much money I make or how much my net worth is. But even if it's true, if you're rich, you're idle rich. You inherited money from your Daddy and Mommy.

You play games all day. I earn more than you. I own a business chief.

Gays are everywhere. Even Cruz accepts that LGBT are born that way, it is not a choice.
I grew up where gays are killed, but I had gay teachers and other students. They just did not advertise or spend time in the wrong neighborhoods.

I never though much of it except the danger they might be in near certain areas.

They are just people. Why is that such a threat to some?

Gays are everywhere. Even Cruz accepts that LGBT are born that way, it is not a choice.
I grew up where gays are killed, but I had gay teachers and other students. They just did not advertise or spend time in the wrong neighborhoods.

I never though much of it except the danger they might be in near certain areas.

There are people who want gay people to remain closeted for life. They have no empathy.

Check and mate, I own a business too. You have no idea how much money I make, and I have no idea how much you make. You are being very stupid trying to one-up me on this. What I do know, however, is that you have posted nearly 39,000 posts on this forum, while I have posted less than 5,000. That means I spend a hell of a lot more time working than you do.

I knew nothing about homosexuality when I was a child, I didn't even think it existed. When kids at school started using the word "gay" and "fag" in seventh grade, I did not know what those words meant, and I don't think they did either.

I had friends who acted gay in high school, but I was still so naive I did not perceive them as gay, I just thought they acted weird. When I signed up for a drama class and saw a bunch of men prancing around acting gay, I was uncomfortable and dropped the class, but I still did not know what I was seeing.

Finally, in my first year of community college, I went to an outing with a strange nerdy female friend of mine, and at that outing I saw her other strange nerdy friends. And then I saw two men kissing each other on the lips, and I still didn't know what was going on, but I didn't like it so I left the park without saying goodbye to anyone.

So I was an innocent child, and gayness wasn't always shoved in your face back then, and people were gay, but they didn't make you look at it. And because that's the way my life was, I wish it was still that way. The constant, unrelenting, unmerciful focus of the media on gayness now irritates me.

I'm older than you and I've always know some people happen to be gay. Every country, every part of the world, every religion. Never bothered me at all. Just people that are a bit different, but normal people.

Well, I never killed a gay and I never even thought I wanted to kill a gay, and I don't want to kill a gay now, so why do you even bring this up?

Disapproval of the gay lifestyle is not the same as killing gays. You understand the distinction, do you not?

What I'm saying is, it need not be said. If someone really wants to be gay in the game, I'll allow it. But there is no need for a special paragraph in the Player's Handbook that any impressionable child can read, and get confused by.
Children are not confused, excerpt as to why anyone would care. They accept gay people. For people like yourself (and to much lesser degree, me) this kind of acceptance seems contrived and political. The difference between us is that I accept the need for demanding tolerance. I have had first hand experience of the kind of discrimination and violence which gay people face. I will never be comfortable seeing open displays of affection from two gay men (while two gay women wouldn't bother me in the least). Nonetheless, I understand that when a group is required to organize in order to guarantee their rights, there will always be a backlash against every gain that they make. You appear to be that backlash.

Here's my comparison to make you understand:

Your character could decide that he or she is married, but likes to cheat on his or her spouse. You can have a long term affair with a mistress or the pool boy. You can have occasional one-night stands with strangers you meet in a singles bar. You can hire prostitutes or little boys or little girls to give you regular sex, anal sex, blow jobs and hand jobs. You can even go to a poor neighborhood and have sex with an infant who has been kidnapped for that purpose. In Dungeons & Dragons, the world is your oyster and you can do as you want!!!

Do you think the above paragraph should ALSO be in the Player's Handbook, and if not, why not?

Check and mate, I own a business too. You have no idea how much money I make, and I have no idea how much you make. You are being very stupid trying to one-up me on this. What I do know, however, is that you have posted nearly 39,000 posts on this forum, while I have posted less than 5,000. That means I spend a hell of a lot more time working than you do.

No it doesn't. You don't know how life works. You play role playing games at the age of 50. How hard can you work? Role playing games take lots of time. It sounds like you are some kind of admin for them. Who do you think you are fooling?

I spend about 30 hours per week working on my business with no distractions. Another 20 or so multitasking. It works well.

Also....you are active on other forums. Why try to lie about your life on an anonymous forum.

None of that matters though. As you are a dummy. You think being gay is a choice. Only dummies think that.

What I'm saying is, it need not be said. If someone really wants to be gay in the game, I'll allow it. But there is no need for a special paragraph in the Player's Handbook that any impressionable child can read, and get confused by.
Children are not confused, excerpt as to why anyone would care. They accept gay people. For people like yourself (and to much lesser degree, me) this kind of acceptance seems contrived and political. The difference between us is that I accept the need for demanding tolerance. I have had first hand experience of the kind of discrimination and violence which gay people face. I will never be comfortable seeing open displays of affection from two gay men (while two gay women wouldn't bother me in the least). Nonetheless, I understand that when a group is required to organize in order to guarantee their rights, there will always be a backlash against every gain that they make. You appear to be that backlash.
Yes, I understand that I represent backlash. As a Christian, I live in a society that is becoming increasingly alien to everything I believe. Three thousand unborn babies are murdered every day in this country, and some are murdered only a few miles away from where I live. I am totally without any power, even the power to vote, to stop this wholesale massacre of innocent lives. I grow increasingly frustrated in a world that is becoming a darker and less loving every day. And by love, I mean the Christian kind of love that welcomes all human life into the world, regardless of handicap or birth defect. Down's Syndrome people have become very rare, and some people think that's progress, but that progress was acheived through genocide of Down's Syndrome babies, not through advancement of medicine or science. Increasingly, doctors will stop looking for cures to ailments because they can terminate the lives of their patients instead. This is already happening in the Netherlands, and soon euthanasia will be practiced in this country as well.

Well, I never killed a gay and I never even thought I wanted to kill a gay, and I don't want to kill a gay now, so why do you even bring this up?

Disapproval of the gay lifestyle is not the same as killing gays. You understand the distinction, do you not?

The term is "gay person". Please don't dehumanize these children of God.

There are people who want gay people to remain closeted for life. They have no empathy.

I had to come to the US to know about being in the closet. I knew of danger, but never the extent of people hiding what they are. To me it was something I took rather for granted. My mother had gay friends in Europe. I knew gays back home, friends and teachers. I never though much of it till the US, even then I knew some were gay, but they were friends. Never bothered me to go to their clubs or for them to come to mine. Never bothered me to know some at work. When I managed a business, many customers were gay.

All this phobia is a waste of energy and life in my opinion. LGBT are just people. My kids had LGBT friends at their schools.

If every one is unique, why are LGBT viewed as so different? They are themselves, like we all are.

Yes, I understand that I represent backlash. As a Christian, I live in a society that is becoming increasingly alien to everything I believe. Three thousand unborn babies are murdered every day in this country, and some are murdered only a few miles away from where I live. I am totally without any power, even the power to vote, to stop this wholesale massacre of innocent lives. I grow increasingly frustrated in a world that is becoming a darker and less loving every day. And by love, I mean the Christian kind of love that welcomes all human life into the world, regardless of handicap or birth defect. Down's Syndrome people have become very rare, and some people think that's progress, but that progress was acheived through genocide of Down's Syndrome babies, not through advancement of medicine or science. Increasingly, doctors will stop looking for cures to ailments because they can terminate the lives of their patients instead. This is already happening in the Netherlands, and soon euthanasia will be practiced in this country as well.

You want fewer abortions? Make birth control readily available and teach people how to use it.

Forum List

Back