Merged Credit downgrade threads

You know less about the economy than my cat does. The rating was lowered because congress didnt go far enough to stabilize finances.
Like I said this is 100% Republicans fault. You can bitch whine and moan in your little "bubble world". But in the REAL world we have actually RULES. And republi-tards screwed the pooch..... and America buy not raising taxes on the wealthy.

:eusa_hand::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I know this might hurt and shatter your desire to just watch and listen to BS like Douche Hannity but you should actually READ what the S&P said:

...the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

Ya see Republicans got what THEY wanted but the Democrats didnt get a take hike on the wealthy. They didnt COMPROMISE.
Instead they played a bullshit game JUST like what YOURE doing. And in turn they FUCKED AMERICA!

hey, clitwhistle

yeah, you

reading for comprehension is your friend

Called this one myself. I actually thought more than just S&P would do it, so this outcome is for me better than expected. We can still turn it around, But only serious action on cutting Deficits, and reforming Entitlements will do it, and the clock is ticking. Both Parties failed us with the so called deal which is really nothing more than a punt. Had they been able to come together with a deal that clearly showed we got the message and knew what we had to do, we might still be AAA+ with all of them.

Last edited:

I know this might hurt and shatter your desire to just watch and listen to BS like Douche Hannity but you should actually READ what the S&P said:

...the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

Ya see Republicans got what THEY wanted but the Democrats didnt get a take hike on the wealthy. They didnt COMPROMISE.
Instead they played a bullshit game JUST like what YOURE doing. And in turn they FUCKED AMERICA!

hey, clitwhistle

yeah, you

OK..... I'll go slow but Im NOT holding your hand. What did Boehner say he got? 98% of what REPUBLICANS wanted.
Now why did the S&P lower the credit rating?
Because the REPUBLICANS GOT WHAT THEY WANTED!
And the Dems DIDNT!
Now..... go back and read with your freakin' eyeballs WHY the S&P lowered the credit rating.

view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

You know less about the economy than my cat does. The rating was lowered because congress didnt go far enough to stabilize finances.
Like I said this is 100% Republicans fault. You can bitch whine and moan in your little "bubble world". But in the REAL world we have actually RULES. And republi-tards screwed the pooch..... and America buy not raising taxes on the wealthy.

:eusa_hand::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I appreciate the desperation in your posts, the projections are to die for. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
matson.jpg

Vote Democrat, a minority in the house can cock block us!

Obama 2012: I'll do everything the Neocons want but I'll tell you how much I hated doing for another 4 years!

hey, clitwhistle

yeah, you

OK..... I'll go slow but Im NOT holding your hand. What did Boehner say he got? 98% of what REPUBLICANS wanted.
Now why did the S&P lower the credit rating?
Because the REPUBLICANS GOT WHAT THEY WANTED!
And the Dems DIDNT!
Now..... go back and read with your freakin' eyeballs WHY the S&P lowered the credit rating.

view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

GiantDouche.jpg

This puts Obama in a hard place...he has two options:

1. Accept responsibility, like an adult, by admitting failure.

2. Blame the Republicans, demonstrating that he lacks the ability to control a minority party in time of crisis.

Great graphic. The TeaPots tried to blow the bottom of the boat out. Now the American electorate will throw the over board from the ship of state.

Reports are putting out the text of the S&P downgrade to include the following kinds of lanaguage:

"&P also changed its assumption that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts would expire by the end of 2012' because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues.'"

“'More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating,'” S&P said.

The first paragraph is not being widely reported. The second is being widely reportedly.

S&P directly blames the Republicans for the downgrade.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In Kinder, Gentler Nation: S&P though hight highly of adjustable rate mortgage values! White Eyes know differences in value of paper(?)!)

Reports are putting out the text of the S&P downgrade to include the following kinds of lanaguage:

"&P also changed its assumption that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts would expire by the end of 2012' because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues.'"

“'More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating,'” S&P said.

The first paragraph is not being widely reported. The second is being widely reportedly.

S&P directly blames the Republicans for the downgrade.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In Kinder, Gentler Nation: S&P though hight highly of adjustable rate mortgage values! White Eyes know differences in value of paper(?)!)

Of course, were not going to get easy money from government. They are upsetting the establishment.

This is because politics took precedence over the economy. If the President had been given a clean debt bill...just like the 100+ times other Presidents have been given before, we would not have been downgraded.

The Teapublicans will get the blame.

Dems had their chance in 2008 and then blew it.

Pubs had their chance in 2010 and then blew it.

Next year's election is going to be a hoot.

Remember when the Pubs blew it in 2006? Going to happen against next year, little wack shack.

Forum List

Back