Are Conservatives Set to Screw Over America Yet Again?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes.

Remember two years ago when the so-called Tea Party Caucus brought America to the brink only to cause the US to get a credit downgrade from AAA to AA+? That led to higher interest rates to the tune of about $19 Billion which American taxpayers had to pay. Have those champions of fiscal responsibility ever said they were sorry about that?

Couldn't happen again, right? They had learned their lesson or so it was believed, because even a mangy dog learns to stay away from a skunk after that first time he gets sprayed. The damn dog sure doesn't need a second dose to confirm what happened the first time.

Well, some people aren't as smart as dogs because apparently people have opinions which allow them to rationalize their behavior when a dog, after all, doesn't have any other view of what happened before than the fact that he doesn't want a repeat performance. But stupid people? They just keep coming back for more. And you know what? I wouldn't give a damn if they only did it to themselves. But they're doing it to ALL of us!

I was already ticked off by Tuesday morning when there was no deal set to go because, as a former finance major, I knew that financial markets would not be amused by dithering on something so important. The confidence and psychology of reassuring markets is too important to play games of legislative chicken in an effort to get just a marginally better deal so these men can stroke their egos with their school yard antics like they're back on the practice squad hoping to make the varsity team and they somehow believe that they intimidated the other team regardless of the outcome of the game.

But here we are.

Over the years I've used analogy to describe things, but I've tried to stay away from hyperbole because in the last couple of decades that kind of over-the-top rhetoric has been used too often to exaggerate the importance of issues as a way of galvanizing support either for or against some issue to the point that it's lost much of its impact. But the importance of this issue can't be overemphasized.

I heard that the House is planning on voting on a bill that bears no resemblance to what's been worked on in the Senate and then they are possibly thinking of leaving town? Could this be true?

If it's true, this is the single largest abrogation of legislative responsibility it has ever been my displeasure to witness, and the people involved should be recalled, regardless of party or ideology because they are unfit to serve this country. I just hope that these idiots haven't completely lost their minds because their egos are all wrapped up in this thing like it's some kind of pissing contest because guess what? IT'S NOT ABOUT THEM!

From my vantage point as a private citizen, it looks to me like these fools have lost all perspective on what's important and who they work for.

Call your congressman or woman and tell them to stop screwing around and make a deal TONIGHT or you will vote against them in the next election because they need to get a reminder who pays their salaries!

Fitch Puts U.S. On Credit Downgrade Watch

(Photo credit: thisisbossi)

Is history about to repeat itself? As the government squabbles over the debt deal and raising the debt ceiling, the U.S. creditworthiness finds itself at risk of a credit downgrade.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Fitch credit rating service announced that it put the U.S. on credit rating watch negative because of government failure to raise the debt ceiling in a “timely” manner. The ratings service affirmed the U.S. credit rating at AAA — a rating that it retained in the face of the debt ceiling debate in 2011 — but the announcement puts the U.S. credit rating at risk for a downgrade.

“The U.S. authorities have not raised the federal debt ceiling in a timely manner before the Treasury exhausts extraordinary measures,” the ratings service said in a statement. “The U.S. Treasury Secretary has said that extraordinary measures will be exhausted by 17 October, leaving cash reserves of just USD30bn. Although Fitch continues to believe that the debt ceiling will be raised soon, the political brinkmanship and reduced financing flexibility could increase the risk of a U.S. default.”
This brinksmanship also “have some detrimental effect on the U.S. economy,” Fitch said.

The last time there was a debate over the debt ceiling, in July of 2011, Standard & Poor’s downgraded the U.S. credit rating for the first time in its history, taking it from a AAA to an AA+ and throwing the markets in turmoil. At that time, Moody’s and Fitch retained a rating of AAA. Earlier in October, Moody’s said that the current debt ceiling debate is less dire than that of 2011 and said that the U.S. creditworthiness would not be at risk this time around. Fitch, however, clearly disagrees.

“The prolonged negotiations over raising the debt ceiling (following the episode in August 2011) risks undermining confidence in the role of the U.S. dollar as the preeminent global reserve currency, by casting doubt over the full faith and credit of the U.S.,” Fitch said on Tuesday. “This “faith” is a key reason why the U.S. ‘AAA’ rating can tolerate a substantially higher level of public debt than other ‘AAA’ sovereigns.”

Following Fitch’s announcement, Dow futures plummeted triple digits. Futures of the S&P and Nasdaq were also in the red.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2013/10/15/fitch-puts-u-s-on-credit-downgrade-watch/

Last edited:
I would say no as the big business cronies have already barked orders to the GOP to get this done or they will have their asses in 2014.

Expect the far right crybabies to go kicking and screaming until the last second at the 11th hour when Boner finally brings up the clean bill like he should have in the first place, and it passes easily.

Well, yeah. Hardly a day goes by without a coterie of conservatives getting together to form new plans to screw over the country.

It's what we do.

Live with it.

I would say no as the big business cronies have already barked orders to the GOP to get this done or they will have their asses in 2014.

Expect the far right crybabies to go kicking and screaming until the last second at the 11th hour when Boner finally brings up the clean bill like he should have in the first place, and it passes easily.

prol ly. Right now it looks like he's putting the retention of his Speaker position (tea party spokesman really) in front of doing whats right for this great nation. Sad :(

I thought that the right would have risen the limit but kept the government closed. That allows them to continue to make their demands while adverting actual calamity. Apparently, they are not really that clear in thought though. They can keep the government ‘closed’ for a damn long time with little to no impact. It would also make them look far more reasonable. They could claim that they were not holding anything hostage but were not going to give in at the same time.

Really, I think it would show a win win for them all around.

Are Conservatives Set to Screw Over America Yet Again?

They seem to be so much better at it than al Qaeda.

prol ly. Right now it looks like he's putting the retention of his Speaker position (tea party spokesman really) in front of doing whats right for this great nation. Sad :(

Generally, I'm not a fan of heavy handed leaders like Lyndon Johnson in the Senate or Tom DeLay in the House because they ran roughshod over the membership too much and too often. But sometimes a strong leader needs to exert his leadership role and say enough is ENOUGH and mete out some punishment too if some of the caucus members are behaving like petulant children. This, in my opinion, is one of those times.

Generally, I'm not a fan of heavy handed leaders like Lyndon Johnson in the Senate or Tom DeLay in the House because they ran roughshod over the membership too much and too often. But sometimes a strong leader needs to exert his leadership role and say enough is ENOUGH and mete out some punishment too if some of the caucus members are behaving like petulant children. This, in my opinion, is one of those times.

the thing is, he'd lose his speakership w/o the endorsement of the 50 or so eXtreme Right Tealiban in the House so he's going the extra mile to keep them from firing him.

why yes, trying to add back the laws to the 'law of the land', obama arbitrarily pulled, is just such an awful. Reid called adding the laws back a 'ransom'...:lol:

man oh man, give some of these people RAZOR blades, please

their insanity is spilling all over us

what a partisan hack

I agree, I think the president should order investigations into the teabaggers for being a domestic terror cell. Having them arrested and thrown in jail would be the best thing ever done for this nation.

Instead of closing down the government for undetermined periods maybe a deal could be made with the tea party-Republicans and they would allow the government to open, say, two days a week?

The conservatives in our GOP have to stand up to the TPM and send them on time out. Need to tell them you work with the Speaker, or the GOP in Congress will work with mod and con dems.

Let's see if that happens tomorrow.

I agree, I think the president should order investigations into the teabaggers for being a domestic terror cell. Having them arrested and thrown in jail would be the best thing ever done for this nation.

Unfortunately, that would probably serve their purpose in much the same way that a bully taunts someone on the playground and scares a person less able to defend himself so bad that he throws the first punch because he thinks if he doesn't the other guy will and he has no prayer of winning if that happens.

Then, of course, the kid who's been taunting him beats the crap out of him as he always knew he could right from the beginning and was taunting him for the very reason that he was trying to get the other guy to take the first swing. And why? So he could say that he was only defending himself.

I think the right would LOVE it if Obama took some kind of emergency measures because then they could claim that he's the dictator they always knew him to be.

I like to watch our most extreme lunatics shit themselves in public.

It means that things are going in the right direction.

Check out this:

Hoffstra
user_online.gif

Liberator
Member #44947
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
reputation_off.gif

Tea Baggers are dangerous for the USA.

We need to treat them like Egypt treated the Muslim Brotherhood.

Illegalize them, sieze their party property, and arrest their leaders for treason.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tea-p...says-nothing-will-happen-if-we-default-6.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back