Merged Credit downgrade threads

They lowered it because congress didnt go far enough to shore up its finances. This is 100% on the fault of the Tea Party and Republicans. They needed to raise taxes on the wealthy and didnt. Now we have this!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

class warfare ain't going to save your sorry spending other people's money asshole.

You know less about the economy than my cat does. The rating was lowered because congress didnt go far enough to stabilize finances.
Like I said this is 100% Republicans fault. You can bitch whine and moan in your little "bubble world". But in the REAL world we have actually RULES. And republi-tards screwed the pooch..... and America buy not raising taxes on the wealthy.

Spending didn't fix the Great Depression if you reject the common wisdom that WWII brought us out of it.

You lost me... WWII brought us out of the great Depression not because of the spending but because near the rest of the world was destroyed outside of the Americas, putting massive demands on our goods... Also the repeal of a lot of FDR's policies AND tax cuts... Shocking.

Wrong. Demand CAUSED the spending. WWII was a massive borrow and spend Keynesian stimulus program.

that is ludicrous, a) there was NO consumer market, b) the demand was for immediately expended items.

Reuter's just reporting that S&P has downgraded U.S. credit rating!!!! Way to go Obama!!!!

U.S. Expecting To Be Downgraded By Standard And Poor's: ABC Report [UPDATE]

This was the reason given.

S&P downgrades U.S. debt

We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.

We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.

The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.

More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

Since November of 2010, the GOP Congress. They got exactly the tax cut package in December by threatening to let all the taxes expire if they didn't, and that was a budget buster;

they got - according to Boehner - 98% of what they wanted in the debt ceiling bill - by threatening to financially destroy the country if they didn't.

sooooo that means since jan 07 till nov 2010 the dems were in charge...well, glad we got that straight. :lol:

No. The GOP Senate filibustered everything. I suppose the Democrats could have threatened to destroy the nation if they didn't get their way.

so majorities matter or don't they?

go ahead, twist yourself into another pretzel.....:lol:

They lowered it because congress didnt go far enough to shore up its finances. This is 100% on the fault of the Tea Party and Republicans. They needed to raise taxes on the wealthy and didnt. Now we have this!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

class warfare ain't going to save your sorry spending other people's money asshole.

You know less about the economy than my cat does. The rating was lowered because congress didnt go far enough to stabilize finances.
Like I said this is 100% Republicans fault. You can bitch whine and moan in your little "bubble world". But in the REAL world we have actually RULES. And republi-tards screwed the pooch..... and America buy not raising taxes on the wealthy.

:eusa_hand::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Since November of 2010, the GOP Congress. They got exactly the tax cut package in December by threatening to let all the taxes expire if they didn't, and that was a budget buster;

they got - according to Boehner - 98% of what they wanted in the debt ceiling bill - by threatening to financially destroy the country if they didn't.

sooooo that means since jan 07 till nov 2010 the dems were in charge...well, glad we got that straight. :lol:

No. The GOP Senate filibustered everything. I suppose the Democrats could have threatened to destroy the nation if they didn't get their way.

So what you're saying is the Democrats should have not filibustered that balanced Budget the Tea Party put up? Cuz you kinda lost me when you proved you’re a partisan bullshitting hack.

So what you're saying is the Democrats should have not filibustered that balanced Budget the Tea Party put up? Cuz you kinda lost me when you proved you’re a partisan bullshitting hack.

you won't get a straight answer, he changes his tune every time he paints himself into a corner because he says whatever he needs too at a given moment.....then the next thread comes and whoooops...:lol:

I know... GiantDouche is smokin' some primo shit tonight....

Do you ever get tired of posting leftist bullshit, GiantDouche?

You have a fake unrealistic outlook in your Repuba-bubble world. First Im a Centrist. So I can see biased bullshit for what it is. And I HATE biased bullshit. Anyhow, say hi to your fake wife and fake dog in your bubble world :cuckoo:

It's just a matter of time before Tea Baggers start getting their azz's punk'd on site.

I know this might hurt and shatter your desire to just watch and listen to BS like Douche Hannity but you should actually READ what the S&P said:

...the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

Ya see Republicans got what THEY wanted but the Democrats didnt get a take hike on the wealthy. They didnt COMPROMISE.
Instead they played a bullshit game JUST like what YOURE doing. And in turn they FUCKED AMERICA!

you won't get a straight answer, he changes his tune every time he paints himself into a corner because he says whatever he needs too at a given moment.....then the next thread comes and whoooops...:lol:

I know but it really seems like the Dems fucked themselves on this... I'm not picking a side and I know both parties put a lot into making this mess happen but Obama is the President and he should have grew some balls and balanced the budget, hell all he had to saw was "yes, this 1 will do" and it would prolly have passed.

Do you ever get tired of posting leftist bullshit, GiantDouche?

You have a fake unrealistic outlook in your Repuba-bubble world. First Im a Centrist. So I can see biased bullshit for what it is. And I HATE biased bullshit. Anyhow, say hi to your fake wife and fake dog in your bubble world :cuckoo:

:lol:

Fire up anotherone, sparky....lol

:smoke:

No new revenues coming, not allowing administration to react to crisis or in future- no fear of default- all BRILLIANT and leading DIRECTLY to this...gd brainwashed dittohead morons- "fuck the damn furriners and dims if they don't like it" beeeooootiful, a-holes....You're going WAY down in 2012- Obama landslide= let adults get us out of this....

Chancellor of the Exchequer: "The biggest danger to the world economy is RW fanatics in the US congress."..."Dittoheads: Fuq him if he doesn't like it!" Great job, brainwashed ignorant provincial xenophobic "Common Sense" LOL shytteheads...:cuckoo:

I know but it really seems like the Dems fucked themselves on this... I'm not picking a side and I know both parties put a lot into making this mess happen but Obama is the President and he should have grew some balls and balanced the budget, hell all he had to saw was "yes, this 1 will do" and it would prolly have passed.

agreed.

Forum List

Back