Merged Credit downgrade threads

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3806-summerofrecovery2.jpg

Starting to look like Carter II
:eusa_whistle:

You righties can spin this all you want, but intelligent people know who caused this!

Hmm, so what you're saying is the Dems voted Yes on a bad budget and Obama singed it and now it's all the Republicans fault? Wow, good luck selling that to America... Hell even the really dumb people that Obama targets only know there is the President and have no clue as to what congress is, so even they will assume it was all Obama. Of course the Reps played their part but that’s what you get when you aim for the most politically inferior and Government dependent base in the history of our country.

Backfire!

Watch for S&P's justification. "Lack of revenue increases", "non-balanced approach".

Hey... get a clue, taxes are not the answer, if you thinks so prove it. Taxes would hardly put a dent in the deficit. You have to have the cuts and we didn't get the cuts.

But guess what, you don’t care about the right answer and you never did, that's why we ended up with a budget that got the credit downgraded, because people like you only care about "winning points" and not fixing the problem.

So, grats, you’re an idiot and part of the easy to fix problem.

Won't you right-wing nutters be surprised by S&P's justification for the downgrade. Will you accept the reasoning?
Let's see...Debt ceiling gets raised, with absolutely ZERO substantive change in spending trajectory, then half of it gets blown within 48 hours.

Gee...I wonder why any credit agency would downgrade such a credit risk? :eusa_whistle:

You want a big awesome bitchin' in-your-face-all-over-the-place Army, but you don't want to pay for it, well,

that's what you get.

NY, thank you for being honest. Thank you very much. You and I don’t agree on much but Bush and Obama have done just as you said, they build the military up and then run it around the world. If Obama ended all the wars and closed some bases the cuts from that alone would have prolly saved the US credit, but he never even tried to... I do promise he will run off "trying to" again in 2012 though.

Here is what I truly don't understand about righties: Don't they know anything about economic history from the Great Depression?

and it happened on dimocrats watch.. American debt downgraded to AA.. way to go dimocrats.. way to go

Here is what I truly don't understand about righties: Don't they know anything about economic history from the Great Depression?

Yes, spending didn't fix the great depression, why would it fix the great recession. Maybe you should look to the Depression of 1919 with Harding and his tax cuts and big spending cuts to understand how to cure a depression/Recession... Of course that only works, why you would ever want to fix the problem when you can win all sorts of meaningless points prolonging the problem.

if they're so great and so smart why did they allow fannie mae and mac to be so easily manipulated by barney frank et al ??

merge with existing thread

Last edited:
Who has been in charge?

]

Since November of 2010, the GOP Congress. They got exactly the tax cut package in December by threatening to let all the taxes expire if they didn't, and that was a budget buster;

they got - according to Boehner - 98% of what they wanted in the debt ceiling bill - by threatening to financially destroy the country if they didn't.

Forum List

Back