Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

Erase history and it goes away...............Erase anything that is not PC...............and we will sit back and smell the roses and live in a Liberal Utopia................

Erasing his history is the action of a feeble mind and dumb ass.........Kinda like trying to erase history in our school books..................

Liberal party and Joe...............The ERASER MEN.................LOL

Nobody wants to erase Forrest from history. We just want to put it in the proper perspective.

He committed war crimes and founded a terrorist racist group.

Forrest himself is a particularly noxious figure, so he makes an easy target, but the bigger question is whether we should continue to grant "honor" to the leaders of the CSA when they essentially committed treason in the name of continuing a racist institution.

And why did it take 150 years to have this discussion?

An excellent point. Thats one aspect liberal fags dont understand. The family trees of some Southern families includes those that the Union Army burned, raped and murdered. Wives and children. Regardless of what the rich men were at war over....you march in and find women and children...and rape, murder and burn them? Shermans Army treated Southern families the way ISIS treats Christian ones. Thats 100% fact.

Most historical accounts say otherwise, as posted earlier... but never mind.

Erase history and it goes away...............Erase anything that is not PC...............and we will sit back and smell the roses and live in a Liberal Utopia................

Erasing his history is the action of a feeble mind and dumb ass.........Kinda like trying to erase history in our school books..................

Liberal party and Joe...............The ERASER MEN.................LOL

Nobody wants to erase Forrest from history. We just want to put it in the proper perspective.

He committed war crimes and founded a terrorist racist group.

Forrest himself is a particularly noxious figure, so he makes an easy target, but the bigger question is whether we should continue to grant "honor" to the leaders of the CSA when they essentially committed treason in the name of continuing a racist institution.

And why did it take 150 years to have this discussion?

Because you dumb ass left loons think a flag caused a shooting at a church. That's just how fucking stupid you people are. Mindless drones

Because you dumb ass left loons think a flag caused a shooting at a church. That's just how fucking stupid you people are. Mindless drones

No, what caused a shooting at a church was a whole infrastructure that let this guy think that the failures of his life were caused by people of color. Glorifying the flag was just part of it.

Frankly, I'd rather have meaningful gun control or improved mental health care, but those debates are hard.

this one is easy. We should not still be celebrating treason and racism.

This crap is getting out of hand. There is a civil war coming I'm afraid

-Geaux
-------------------------

Late Tuesday, the Memphis, Tennessee, City Council voted unanimously to dig up the remains of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife, Talking Points Memo reported Wednesday. The council also voted to remove a statue placed in Forrest's honor. The move came after Mayor A.C. Wharton called for the bodies to be dug up and relocated.

Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate general wife - Spokane Conservative Examiner.com

This would be the same Nathan Bedford Forrest who was a founding member of the Ku Klux Klan and committed war crimes against Colored Union Soldiers during the Civil War.

Here was the thing. This park is not where he was originally buried. They've ALREADY moved his body once. His original resting place is ready to take him back, they just don't want the statue, which probably SHOULD be melted down because this guy doesn't deserve a statue.
So did Sherman against defenseless women and children when his troops were pillaging during his march behind front lines, raping and killing women and children. Oh.. I forgot, victors "do not commit" war crimes.

An excellent point. Thats one aspect liberal fags dont understand. The family trees of some Southern families includes those that the Union Army burned, raped and murdered. Wives and children. Regardless of what the rich men were at war over....you march in and find women and children...and rape, murder and burn them? Shermans Army treated Southern families the way ISIS treats Christian ones. Thats 100% fact.
EXACTLY!!! The "brave men" under the valiant leadership of Sherman successfully raped and killed defenseless women and children, burned their houses, killed their livestock taking the livelihood away from the remaining survivors behind front lines. Yes, it reminds me of ISIS.

No, what caused a shooting at a church was a whole infrastructure that let this guy think that the failures of his life were caused by people of color. Glorifying the flag was just part of it.

Frankly, I'd rather have meaningful gun control or improved mental health care, but those debates are hard.

this one is easy. We should not still be celebrating treason and racism.

No,what caused a shooting was a mentally disturbed kid. You and your fellow loons want to make it more.

When your book burning will take place? Are you going to have the Night of the Long Knives before or after the book burning "ceremony?"
I swear, a while back I would have said your comment was over the top.

Now? I guess we'll see.

..well, digging up graves? Where they are going to stop? They have been already screaming for censorship (close to book burning) of TV stations, Radio Talk shows… Think about it.

EXACTLY!!! The "brave men" under the valiant leadership of Sherman successfully raped and killed defenseless women and children, burned their houses, killed their livestock taking the livelihood away from the remaining survivors behind front lines. Yes, it reminds me of ISIS.

Except Sherman's troops did no such thing. They did attack the ability of the Confederacy to make war. They hit legitimate infrastructure targets.

But you guys keep pretending you were the wronged party here.

When your book burning will take place? Are you going to have the Night of the Long Knives before or after the book burning "ceremony?"
I swear, a while back I would have said your comment was over the top.

Now? I guess we'll see.

..well, digging up graves? Where they are going to stop? They have been already screaming for censorship (close to book burning) of TV stations, Radio Talk shows… Think about it.
Book burnings by the PC Police?

No, that would not surprise me at this point.

Amazing to watch.

No,what caused a shooting was a mentally disturbed kid. You and your fellow loons want to make it more.

First has anyone proven that this kid was "mentally disturbed". Becuase his lawyers don't even seem to be going for an insanity defense, which is probably the only shot this guy has to avoid a needle.

Second, Roof's racism didn't evolve in a vacuum. He learned to hate from somewhere.

You people take this Civil War shit ( the one you lost and the one you're planning) way too seriously.

We already have censorship on TV and Radio... Have had it for years. They are public Airwaves.

Now, all that said, I'm really not sure what you are defending here, exactly? That people have finally decided decades too late that a war criminal who founded the Klan doesn't deserve to have a public monument?

The overall problem is that we are paying today for the political decisions made from 1865 to 1880 that reconcilation was more important than accountability. We should have held the South Accountable for what it tried to do. Lee, Davis, Forrest should have all been hung for treason and they shouldn't have been granted ANY honor.

this is exactly what the Allies did with the Nazi and Japanese leaders after WWII. They were held accountable for their actions. A few got railroaded, but most deserved it.

-Geaux

Late Tuesday, the Memphis, Tennessee, City Council voted unanimously to dig up the remains of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife, Talking Points Memo reported Wednesday. The council also voted to remove a statue placed in Forrest's honor. The move came after Mayor A.C. Wharton called for the bodies to be dug up and relocated.

Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate general wife - Spokane Conservative Examiner.com
This would be Memphis' call, would it not?

Except Sherman's troops did no such thing. They did attack the ability of the Confederacy to make war. They hit legitimate infrastructure targets.

But you guys keep pretending you were the wronged party here.
So say the victors. They eradicated eye witnesses, rewrote history and the gullible takes it as facts. You know, Clint Eastwood depicted some historical facts in the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales" (Don't try to spin it that I believe that Wales single handedly destroyed a Union Camp and such and I romanticize about him as a hero) Redlegs raping women, murdering families and pillaging behind front lines, Union Army executing Confederates as they lay down their arms. These two elements are historical facts. How about you looking into the atrocities committed in Union run POW camps? You are romanticizing about the noble behavior of Union troops. You are wrong.

First has anyone proven that this kid was "mentally disturbed". Becuase his lawyers don't even seem to be going for an insanity defense, which is probably the only shot this guy has to avoid a needle.

Second, Roof's racism didn't evolve in a vacuum. He learned to hate from somewhere.
I do agree with death penalty but life with hard labor would be a better choice if bleed hearts wouldn't think it is too cruel. Sweating in a rock mine for the duration of his life would give him plenty of time to think about the terrible thing he has done.

-Geaux

the Memphis, Tennessee, City Council voted unanimously to dig up the remains of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife

Good and good riddance :clap::clap2:

Forum List

Back