Memorial Day weekend: Lower Gas Prices: Where are all the threads praising the Pres?

And..I've never posted that.

Of course a President can have an effect. A President can flood the market with fuel from the Strategic Reserves. They can also get us involved in military actions.

But overall..the effect is, at best, slight.

Yeah, you already told us it was speculators.

But wait....

then you tried to back pedal on that.

Are you having trouble keeping your partisan BS organized? (Sure seems so)

I didn't try to back pedal on anything.

Again..is your contention that people who are in this sort of business, make a profit by flooding the market with their product?

Yes..or no.

Simple enough.

You did back pedal.
And your response when challenged is not to defend your (opposing) points that you made, but rather to try to ask me questions in order to paint me into a corner. I'm not the fool that made opposing points, you are. Defend them, prove how your opposing points can co-exist. You are the one that made them.

Merely pointing out your words.
Please do tell me English is a second language for you so that I will understand why you don't understand the words you post.

No really.

You think people that work with commodities and/or energy, make their money by flooding the market with their product?

Is that your contention?

Your contention is that----
Gas goes up = speculators
Gas goes down = other influences

Your words, not mine.

I merely challenged that weak thought process and you have yet to defend your thought process, instead, you obfuscate and divert. You attempt to attribute something to me that I have not said (you did couch it with a question mark, but that was just more obfuscation on your part).
Your hackery continues.

Pretty simple question there..ace. You can't answer it.

Speculators aren't around to drive the price of energy down. Left to their own devices..they would get rid of competition and merge into one big company that sells energy.

Competiton and supply as well as regulation keeps prices somewhat stable.

Yeah, you already told us it was speculators.

But wait....

then you tried to back pedal on that.

Are you having trouble keeping your partisan BS organized? (Sure seems so)

I didn't try to back pedal on anything.

Again..is your contention that people who are in this sort of business, make a profit by flooding the market with their product?

Yes..or no.

Simple enough.

You did back pedal.
And your response when challenged is not to defend your (opposing) points that you made, but rather to try to ask me questions in order to paint me into a corner. I'm not the fool that made opposing points, you are. Defend them, prove how your opposing points can co-exist. You are the one that made them.

You paint yourself into a corner by ascribing points of view to others that don't exist.

That's not really discourse.

:lol:

I think you were part of the Greek chorus braying that the President wanted prices to go up..

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/b...gas-prices-expected-to-be-modestly-lower.html
Cheez Whiz, Mr. Sallow. President Obama led the Greek chorus:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquNu30hDe8"]Obama says he wants high gas prices - YouTube[/ame]

What?

No offense Becki..but did you listen to the tape?
Yes, Mr. Sallow, I did listen to the tape. It bolstered this one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QlxIZZBbSg"]Democrats Have No Plan to Bring Down Rising Gas Prices, But They Do Have a Plan to Make Them Go Up - YouTube[/ame]

People still can't take their children to the national parks if they're over 100 miles. Everything's cost has gone up, 22% of families with kids don't have a full-time job. You can't go anywhere on a welfare check, because when you get to a National Park these days, you have to pay a users fee, if you can somehow manage the bucks to buy gas and pay hotels along the way to see Old Faithful. :(

Yet, as Senator Imhofe says, we have more oil at our fingertips than any other nation in the world.

Obama said a dozen times on his campaign trail speeches gas prices would go up to cut the discharge of toxins into the atmosphere.

This is silly. Only 0.006% of the toxins in the earth's atmosphere are caused by mean old humans. Mt. St. Helens put out more toxins than 8x the amount humans have put out since the invention of the wheel.

Last edited:
No really.

You think people that work with commodities and/or energy, make their money by flooding the market with their product?

Is that your contention?

Your words, not mine.

I merely challenged that weak thought process and you have yet to defend your thought process, instead, you obfuscate and divert. You attempt to attribute something to me that I have not said (you did couch it with a question mark, but that was just more obfuscation on your part).
Your hackery continues.

Speculators aren't around to drive the price of energy down. Left to their own devices..they would get rid of competition and merge into one big company that sells energy.

Again, you refuse to show how your opposing points can co-exist.
YOUR POINTS, not mine.
Rather than prove anything, you want to try and turn this on me. I'm not the one that made points, you are. I merely challenged your opposing points. All I am doing is asking you to support that which have said, why can you not do that?

Sallow,
It is not up to me to defend something I haven't said, it is up to you to defend what you have said. Your diversion of trying to ask me a question rather than defend your own (opposing) positions is your weakness, not mine. My weakness was thinking that you might actually be honest instead of partisan.

Your words, not mine.

Your hackery continues.

YOUR POINTS, not mine.
Rather than prove anything, you want to try and turn this on me. I'm not the one that made points, you are. I merely challenged your opposing points. All I am doing is asking you to support that which have said, why can you not do that?

What "opposing" points?

I just posted how the business works.

If you disagree with that..fine.

Sallow,
It is not up to me to defend something I haven't said, it is up to you to defend what you have said. Your diversion of trying to ask me a question rather than defend your own (opposing) positions is your weakness, not mine. My weakness was thinking that you might actually be honest.

No chief..it's not up to me to "defend" points which you ascribe to me.

That's dishonesty on your part.

I'm not going around in this thread stating points you've never made.

In fact..I've been asking you to clarify your position.

Cheez Whiz, Mr. Sallow. President Obama led the Greek chorus:

What?

No offense Becki..but did you listen to the tape?
Yes, Mr. Sallow, I did listen to the tape. It bolstered this one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QlxIZZBbSg"]Democrats Have No Plan to Bring Down Rising Gas Prices, But They Do Have a Plan to Make Them Go Up - YouTube[/ame]

People still can't take their children to the national parks if they're over 100 miles. Everything's cost has gone up, 22% of families with kids don't have a full-time job. You can't go anywhere on a welfare check, because when you get to a National Park these days, you have to pay a users fee, if you can somehow manage the bucks to buy gas and pay hotels along the way to see Old Faithful. :(

Yet, as Senator Imhofe says, we have more oil at our fingertips than any other nation in the world.

Obama said a dozen times on his campaign trail speeches gas prices would go up to cut the discharge of toxins into the atmosphere.

This is silly. Only 0.006% of the toxins in the earth's atmosphere are caused by mean old humans. Mt. St. Helens put out more toxins than 8x the amount humans have put out since the invention of the wheel.

There's a great deal more to it then that.

However..we are now producing more oil..then at any point in our country's history.

Supply isn't a problem at this point.

YOUR POINTS, not mine.

What "opposing" points?

Let us look at what you said,

Memorial Day weekend: Lower Gas Prices: Where are all the threads praising the Pres?:
You are asking people to give the president praise for lower gas prices.
You can check the threads.

I pointed out that the situation in Iran..had a slight effect..but overall it was speculation.
You are saying speculators control the price of gas.
It was YOU guys that blamed him.

Opposing points that you made.
Do you not read what you post?

YOUR POINTS, not mine.

What "opposing" points?

Let us look at what you said,

Memorial Day weekend: Lower Gas Prices: Where are all the threads praising the Pres?:
You are asking people to give the president praise for lower gas prices.
You can check the threads.

I pointed out that the situation in Iran..had a slight effect..but overall it was speculation.
You are saying speculators control the price of gas.
It was YOU guys that blamed him.

Opposing points that you made.
Do you not read what you post?

How old are you, man?

Seriously.

Sallow,
It is not up to me to defend something I haven't said, it is up to you to defend what you have said. Your diversion of trying to ask me a question rather than defend your own (opposing) positions is your weakness, not mine. My weakness was thinking that you might actually be honest.

I've been asking you to clarify, see above post that shows your conflicting points. Your response has been to ask me questions, rather than address your opposing points.
Yet again, you obfuscate, then claim it is me doing the behavior you are guilty of.

Sallow,

I've been asking you to clarify, see above post that shows your conflicting points. Your response has been to ask me questions, rather than address your opposing points.
Yet again, you obfuscate, then claim it is me doing the behavior you are guilty of.

Statist Playbook: Blame, Minimize, Deny, Obfuscate...

Sallow? You're a no-armed wallpaper hanger at this point and owned.

Declaring victory again "Black Knight"?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4"]Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube[/ame]

You already hold the title several posts ago...I was acknowledging YOUR victory, derp.

Well..at least it is Friday.

What is it tonight, Tommy..PBR or something with a little more class.

:beer:

If gas is going down, it's certainly not going down here. When gas prices were "high" it was $4.39 a gallon, now it's $4.59.

Forum List

Back