Member this FAKE NEWS? I member. Do you member?

i was on statin drugs for a time

my cholesterol is now well within the norms

had to switch meds

the first ones caused much pain in the legs

Muscle pain? Cramps?

both

severe had to stop the meds and have blood tests taken

I believe that given time and more research, they are going to find that what they call "normal limits" now with regard to cholesterol is not nearly high enough.

My doctor has been receiving commentary that suggest the NIH is going to lower acceptable cholesterol levels.

Your response is non sequitur to my comment. For an instance of temperature deviation analogous to the present's to take place would require an excursion up at least 2C and down 2C within the few hundred years of the chronological resolution of our proxy data and leave no other indication that it had taken place. That is not a simple requirement or one easy to meet. No one has ever conceived of a condition that would produce such a dynamic event. Until it is, the contention that we cannot rule such a thing out (much less that one actually took place) is unsupportable.
It took 12 million years for the temperature the predicted temperature of radiative forcing of CO2 when CO2 fell from 3500 ppm to 600 ppm. 12 million years. I don't know about you, but 12 million years seems like a long time to me.

upload_2016-11-25_12-19-38-png.99873

Are you saying that CO2 was the only thing holding that elevated temperature? You've already claimed it can only reinforce. What else was forcing the temperature up and how was it changing over that 12 million year period?

BTW, your massive CO2 change, 3500 ->600 in what looks like about a million years is 0.29 ppm/century. The current change, from 280ppm in 1750 to 400 ppm in 2015 is 45.3 ppm/century. We're experiencing 156 times the dCO2/dt. I suspect there might be a number of changes to the greenhouse process over a parametric swing that large.

Are you saying that CO2 was the only thing holding that elevated temperature? You've already claimed it can only reinforce. What else was forcing the temperature up and how was it changing over that 12 million year period?

BTW, your massive CO2 change, 3500 ->600 in what looks like about a million years is 0.29 ppm/century. The current change, from 280ppm in 1750 to 400 ppm in 2015 is 45.3 ppm/century. We're experiencing 156 times the dCO2/dt. I suspect there might be a number of changes to the greenhouse process over a parametric swing that large.
Great, you have just admitted that CO2 is not the only thing that affects temperature. Now all you have to do is accept that this is still true today.

had to switch meds

Muscle pain? Cramps?

both

I believe that given time and more research, they are going to find that what they call "normal limits" now with regard to cholesterol is not nearly high enough.

cholesterol in itself isnt bad

there are two types of cholesterol the bad and the good

I think you mean there are good and bad lipoproteins. There is only one variety of cholesterol.

My doctor has been receiving commentary that suggest the NIH is going to lower acceptable cholesterol levels.

Then I would get a new doctor if he accepts bad science as truth......

had to switch meds

Muscle pain? Cramps?

both

Neither is bad....The cholesterol scare has been just one more instance of shitty government sponsored consensus science.

High cholesterol 'does not cause heart disease' new research finds, so treating with statins a 'waste of time'

Lowering Cholesterol with Veg Oils May Not Curb Heart Disease Risk Or Help You Live Longer - ScienceNewsline

High-cholesterol diet, eating eggs do not increase risk of heart attack, not even in persons genetically predisposed - News | UEF

The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol

had to switch meds

Muscle pain? Cramps?

both

Neither is bad....The cholesterol scare has been just one more instance of shitty government sponsored consensus science.

High cholesterol 'does not cause heart disease' new research finds, so treating with statins a 'waste of time'

Lowering Cholesterol with Veg Oils May Not Curb Heart Disease Risk Or Help You Live Longer - ScienceNewsline

High-cholesterol diet, eating eggs do not increase risk of heart attack, not even in persons genetically predisposed - News | UEF

The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol

high cholesterol does in fact cause heart disease

it did in my case

in fact it led to two surgeries

Sorry guy...it doesn't...there is no statistic significance between the number of people who get heart disease who have "normal" cholesterol and those who have high cholesterol....

it did in my case

Your propensity to have heart disease is probably genetic....in any case, you are as likely to develop heart disease with low cholesterol numbers as you are to develop it if your numbers are high....

Again...not due to cholesterol...statistically you were as likely to develop the disease with low cholesterol numbers as if you had high numbers....you may as well say that you got hear disease from driving...or eating carrots..or watching the evening news....or from being here

Sorry guy...it doesn't...there is no statistic significance between the number of people who get heart disease who have "normal" cholesterol and those who have high cholesterol....

it did in my case

Your propensity to have heart disease is probably genetic....in any case, you are as likely to develop heart disease with low cholesterol numbers as you are to develop it if your numbers are high....

Again...not due to cholesterol...statistically you were as likely to develop the disease with low cholesterol numbers as if you had high numbers....you may as well say that you got hear disease from driving...or eating carrots..or watching the evening news....or from being here

yes there is the fatty waxy stuff that builds up in your arteries is in fact cholesterol after the endothelium has been damaged

in a process called atheroclerosis

it did in my case

yes there is the fatty waxy stuff that builds up in your arteries is in fact cholesterol after the endothelium has been damaged

Here you go guy....not trying to pick a fight with you or anything like that.....just providing you with the real dirt on the topic.

High Cholesterol and Heart Disease — Myth or Truth?

Believe what you wan't on the topic....but there is the myth promoted by those who stood to make...and in fact made a very large amount of money based on that myth...and then there is the truth.

If you want to continue the discussion, we probably should continue via messaging or we may get bumped from the thread.

it did in my case

Here you go guy....not trying to pick a fight with you or anything like that.....just providing you with the real dirt on the topic.

High Cholesterol and Heart Disease — Myth or Truth?

thanks i have read lots of articles on the topic

Forum List

Back