Melting of Greenland's ice sheets accelerates dramatically

Climate change: Study shows 'off the charts' melting of Greenland's ice sheet - CNN

There is enough ice there to raise sea level by 23 feet. And this dump of cold, fresh water will impact the operation of the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic's MOC.

1. That ice has been advancing and receding for millennia.

2. None of that is man’s fault.

The primary cause of the global temperature increase of the last 150 years is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. If you have some other cause that you feel is actually responsible, I suggest you bring it forward to the world's science community. That warming is responsible for the accelerated melting of Greenland, the Arctic and the breakup of the Antarctic ice sheet.

Climate change: Study shows 'off the charts' melting of Greenland's ice sheet - CNN

There is enough ice there to raise sea level by 23 feet. And this dump of cold, fresh water will impact the operation of the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic's MOC.

The primary cause of the global temperature increase of the last 150 years is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. If you have some other cause that you feel is actually responsible, I suggest you bring it forward to the world's science community. That warming is responsible for the accelerated melting of Greenland, the Arctic and the breakup of the Antarctic ice sheet.

Untrue and not backed by anything at all that is factual.

If it is warming at all, it’s due to the sun’s activity level.

Even at the current rate, it would take centuries for all of the Greenland ice sheet to melt. There will be enough, however, to have significant negative consequences within our lifetimes.

The rate isn't static. As the albedo changes, the rate will accelerate.

You keep right up on the news don't you. The sun's output has been dropping. We're headed into a solar minimum. Haven't you notied your buds talking about a coming ice age? A new Maunder minimum? Despite that, it is most assuredly warming.

temps_2014.gif

Your charge is paranoid fantasy unless four different government agencies (US, US, UK, Japan) are controlled by criminally lying conspirators. And in all the years you fools have been making this stupid charge, not ONE FUCKING INDIVIDUAL has come forward to support a claim that would require the involvement of hundreds of people and the acquiescence of thousands more. Are you REALLY this fucking stupid?

You keep right up on the news don't you. The sun's output has been dropping. We're headed into a solar minimum. Haven't you notied your buds talking about a coming ice age? A new Maunder minimum? Despite that, it is most assuredly warming.

temps_2014.gif

Your charge is paranoid fantasy unless four different government agencies (US, US, UK, Japan) are controlled by criminally lying conspirators. And in all the years you fools have been making this stupid charge, not ONE FUCKING INDIVIDUAL has come forward to support a claim that would require the involvement of hundreds of people and the acquiescence of thousands more. Are you REALLY this fucking stupid?
so is it you're agreeing the sun's output is decreased? And you think it's still warming? fk, can't get any more stupid than that right there bubba.

Yes. The sun's output is dropping. Yes, it is still getting warmer.

Think about this. Turn a stove burner to HIGH. Let it get to maximum temperature. Put a pot of water on it and wait one minute. The water is getting warmer but it is not yet boiling. Now turn the burner to MEDIUM. What will happen? The pot will continue to get hotter and will eventually boil. Get it?

Yes. The sun's output is dropping. Yes, it is still getting warmer.

Think about this. Turn a stove burner to HIGH. Let it get to maximum temperature. Put a pot of water on it and wait one minute. The water is getting warmer but it is not yet boiling. Now turn the burner to MEDIUM. What will happen? The pot will continue to get hotter and will eventually boil. Get it?
how hot does a hot plate need to get to boil water? is medium heat enough? if the water boils it is. too fking funny that you posted that analogy. dude, you have no idea how to run an experiment. first you need to know the temperature needed to make water boil. you think that if you decrease heat from that setting that the water will still boil. So if one totally removes the heat will it boil? hly crap, perpetual fking motion.

Sure, the climate always has been changing.

No proof that man is the MAJOR driving cause though. Records go back thousands of years that is was much warmer and much cooler at different periods. We all know this. It fluctuates.

Blah blah blah.

It's better to mitigate than fall for global governance.
Another dumb ass that does thinks that he knows more than nearly all the scientists in the world. We know what is causing the present warming, we understand the mechanism that is retaining more of the energy that would normally radiate into space. That you are a silly ass that would deny basic physics simply demonstrates the depths of your ignonance.

No proof that man is the MAJOR driving cause though. Records go back thousands of years that is was much warmer and much cooler at different periods. We all know this. It fluctuates.

Blah blah blah.

Another dumb ass that does thinks that he knows more than nearly all the scientists in the world. We know what is causing the present warming, we understand the mechanism that is retaining more of the energy that would normally radiate into space. That you are a silly ass that would deny basic physics simply demonstrates the depths of your ignonance.
well I know that the scientist haven't proven man CO2 has overcome natural variability because there has been no one to provide observable, measurable evidence. So yeah, I guess we're smarter than them.

Blah blah blah.

If you'd like to see the evidence that the world is warming at an unprecedented RATE and that human activities are the primary cause, please visit "The Physical Science Basis" by Working Group I of the IPCC's Fifth Assessment Report. It may located at www.ipcc.ch.

It has been warmer in the past. However, that temperature peak took place at less than 1/30th the current rate of warming.

Your last line "better to mitigate than fall for global governance", sounds to be goggledygook. Perhaps you didn't type what you intended.

. . . and I am sure the link you sent me, from my POV, in my paradigm, would also sound like, "goggledygook." I've already looked into it, I'm well versed in the science, and the political motivations of the stake holders.

Folks that understood what I typed knew exactly what I meant. Either you are just a concerned citizen and have no idea what interest groups are, and really don't know, or you are a stake holder being coy. Either way, further discussion on this point is useless.
No, you are not well versed in science. You are a liar and a fool. Classical Dunning-Kruger syndrone.

Blah blah blah.

If you'd like to see the evidence that the world is warming at an unprecedented RATE and that human activities are the primary cause, please visit "The Physical Science Basis" by Working Group I of the IPCC's Fifth Assessment Report. It may located at www.ipcc.ch.

It has been warmer in the past. However, that temperature peak took place at less than 1/30th the current rate of warming.

Your last line "better to mitigate than fall for global governance", sounds to be goggledygook. Perhaps you didn't type what you intended.

. . . and I am sure the link you sent me, from my POV, in my paradigm, would also sound like, "goggledygook." I've already looked into it, I'm well versed in the science, and the political motivations of the stake holders.

Folks that understood what I typed knew exactly what I meant. Either you are just a concerned citizen and have no idea what interest groups are, and really don't know, or you are a stake holder being coy. Either way, further discussion on this point is useless.
No, you are not well versed in science. You are a liar and a fool. Classical Dunning-Kruger syndrone.
I love it that you have pet names for your lack of debate knowledge.

Blah blah blah.

well I know that the scientist haven't proven man CO2 has overcome natural variability because there has been no one to provide observable, measurable evidence. So yeah, I guess we're smarter than them.
Another really dumb fuck. You see the variability in the year to year variation of temperature, you see AGW in the fact that a line depicting the average temperature through those variations tilts upwards to the right. About sixth grade science, but far over your head.

Let's see, according to the deniers, we are entering a new little ice age because the sun's output is declining, but the sun is responsible for the present warming. LOL

Let's see, according to the deniers, we are entering a new little ice age because the sun's output is declining, but the sun is responsible for the present warming. LOL

Again I exposed your reading comprehension handicap. Perhaps that’s why you believe the AGW scam and are unable to understand the truth.

If you read it more slowly, you might discover that I said “sun’s activity” which does NOT imply either and increase or decrease.

If you still don’t understand then there’s nothing I can do to help you.

Blah blah blah.

There is not a scientist out there that will not tell you that the feed back loops don't begin with perturbations in the Earth's orbit and a change in absorbed radiatiant content.

Your personal attacks do nothing to further the conversation.

The last inter-glacial was warmer and wetter than this one, you don't scare me with your hysteria.

The last interglacial achieved those temperatures at less than 1/30th the rate of the current temperature rise. Do you think that might make a difference?

Blah blah blah.

Another really dumb fuck. You see the variability in the year to year variation of temperature, you see AGW in the fact that a line depicting the average temperature through those variations tilts upwards to the right. About sixth grade science, but far over your head.
dude you can't even tell me how warm 20 ppm of CO2 is. let alone if it's man's or nature's.

The last interglacial achieved those temperatures at less than 1/30th the rate of the current temperature rise. Do you think that might make a difference?

That's just because those cave-men's cars didn't burn carbon as efficiently as ours do!

duh!

giphy.gif

4 Problems With the New Climate Change Report
4 Problems With the New Climate Change Report

". . . The reality, however, is that policies endorsed to combat climate change would carry significant costs and would do nothing to mitigate warming, even if there were a looming catastrophe like the National Climate Association says.

Just last month, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change proposed a carbon tax of between $135 and $5,500 by the year 2030. An energy tax of that magnitude would bankrupt families and businesses, and undoubtedly catapult the world into economic despair.

These policies would simply divert resources away from more valuable use, such as investing in more robust infrastructure to protect against natural disasters or investing in new technologies that make Representative Concentration Pathway 8.5 even more of an afterthought than it already should be. . . . "

Follow the money behind climate alarmism and carbon tax proposals

COP24 Climate Science Presentation by The Heartland Institute

Forum List

Back