My Take On Things

Please don't tell me that you are one of Maxine Water's minions that are waiting for Guam to capsize.

Actually land does move. Really. Tectonic plates...

It is always funny, those who come here and suggest EMH is somehow a leftist... such people call themselves "conservatives" and have absolutely no idea what a CONSERVATIVE stands for...

There are 70 million year old dinosaur fossils on Antarctica. Do you think they lived at -60F on top of 2 miles of ice???

Actually land does move. Really. Tectonic plates...
Yeah, yeah, I'm aware. I've lived over 50 years in CA and WA. Pardon me if I misunderstood your post. If your meaning is to promote AGW, then I adamantly disagree. If you are just bringing attention to the fact that the earth has experienced heating and cooling numerous times in its history--prior to the existence of man--then we are on the same page.

Yeah, yeah, I'm aware. I've lived over 50 years in CA and WA. Pardon me if I misunderstood your post. If your meaning is to promote AGW, then I adamantly disagree. If you are just bringing attention to the fact that the earth has experienced heating and cooling numerous times in its history--prior to the existence of man--then we are on the same page.

We are not on the same page.

Greenland froze while North America thawed, 20k, 100k, 1 million years, take your pick. Earth does not warm or cool as a whole. Ice Ages are continent specific events, and Greenland and Antarctica are both ice ages today.

Ice dictates Earth's climate, and climate change is caused by changes in ice. Ice is all about LAND NEAR THE POLES...

R.2a3294ffeab2b7aaf47c6f7a80ae4810

Antarctic vs Arctic Infographic | Antarctica activities, Geography ...

If Earth had two polar oceans, it would have no ice.

If Earth had two polar continents, "two Antarcticas" it would have twice the ice.

Current amount of ice on Earth - well over 8 million cubic miles

We are not on the same page.

Greenland froze while North America thawed, 20k, 100k, 1 million years, take your pick. Earth does not warm or cool as a whole. Ice Ages are continent specific events, and Greenland and Antarctica are both ice ages today.

Ice dictates Earth's climate, and climate change is caused by changes in ice. Ice is all about LAND NEAR THE POLES...

R.2a3294ffeab2b7aaf47c6f7a80ae4810

Antarctic vs Arctic Infographic | Antarctica activities, Geography ...

If Earth had two polar oceans, it would have no ice.

If Earth had two polar continents, "two Antarcticas" it would have twice the ice.

Current amount of ice on Earth - well over 8 million cubic miles
Yeah, sure, thats why we have a FLOATING arctic polar ice cap. And of course, the decimation of the globes rain forests don't have anything to do with it. I was right, you're another envirowhacko. Run along.

IQ under 5 SUB you are

You are EXHIBIT A of what is wrong with the GOP today, and since 1998, when it stood for fiscal conservatism, truth, and patriotism to America not Israel

Gents,

This is a climate change thread. Not a political ideology thread.

Can we please get back on track ?

Hey guys…this is a thread on climate change not G W Bush or politics.

If we could put those in front of the people, the media, and DC politicians, this fraud would be out of business.

Growing up in Phoenix, AZ in the 60s, I can tell you that Phoenix is no stranger to triple digits. We weren't allowed to stay inside all day--after breakfast it was go out and play--somehow we survived. I've lived my entire life until retirement in hotter climes--indeed I worked hot steel in 100 degree temps. With the heat of the steel the temps were closer to 130 some days in the summer. Somehow I survived as generations for millennia have. People who are healthy will survive. Those that aren't will perish. It sounds harsh, but it is survival of the fittest. You adapt and overcome or perish. Simple as that.
So true. The healthier you are the better you can tolerate both temperature extremes (been there, done that).

thats why we have a FLOATING arctic polar ice cap

Earth ICE

90% on land mass Antarctica
7% on land mass Greenland
0.3% on land mass Ellesmere Island

That leaves 2.7% for all the rest: sea ice, mountain top ice like Himalayas, small islands inside the 600 miles to a pole ICE AGE ZONE.

You fuss over Arctic Sea ice. Why did it melt in 2005 and 2007 and then grow back???

Every doomsday prediction of a catastrophic climate event of the 20th or 21st century has been PROVEN to be false. I don't think any of your arguments have been valid and they are extremely alarmist in tone.
It's the catastrophes that weren't predicted that are the most troublesome. :omg:

I don't pay much attention to this topic simply because I don't have the time to sort the fact from the fiction. Additionally, the whole thing suffers from decades of shrill drama and dire predictions that didn't happen (following Katrina, the global warming community said we'd being seeing more of the same on a regular basis....and we didn't).

I see arguments over temperature graphs and who lied and who said what.

I see arguments over sea levels and ice content of glaciers. Data is seemingly disputed (which seems really odd to me) and, of course, conclusions or projections are very ominous on the part of the global warming community. My news feeds are filled with global warming doom.

In my estimation, one of the worst things that the global warming community did was to let Al Gore be their spokesperson. Al could have been 100% correct (I don't know how correct he turned out to be), but Al was a politician and a polarizing one at that. He also comes across in a very bad way. So, you take a highly visible career politician and he puts out a film on global warming.

That doesn't work. And it didn't. I hear people rail on it and I ask what was in it and they can't tell me. They just know they didn't like Al Gore and that was it.

What I posted was above (in terms of links) is just a smattering of what is out there.

I recently scanned an article where we are, once again, talking about tipping points.

'We are hitting climate tipping points,' scientists warn – DW – 07/28/2021 (from 2021)

You also have movies like the Day after that are super dire predictions. Which tend to turn a lot of people off (if this was supposed to be some kind of wake-up call, it failed).

On the other hand, you have a range of reactions from those who don't believe that this is an issue (or not an issue we can deal with).

They include:

1. The scientists are lying.
2. The scientists just want more funding.
3. The economic consequences of doing something are not viable
4. Why do anything if China and India are not going to do something ?

I honestly have not landed on a position.

I am a skeptic (Al Gore, who I detest, didn't help things). But I also know this could be real.
It feels like we are arguing two extremes.....on one hand we need to do do extreme (see below) on the other....there is no crisis.
You would think reasonable people could figure out what the real truth is.

This is what was from one of the articles I cited and represents (in many ways) the approach that gets them labeled "Chicken Little"

Researchers reiterated calls for transformative change, listing three main emergency responses in the immediate term:
Phasing out and eliminating fossil fuels
  • Implementing "a significant carbon price"
  • Restoring ecosystems such as carbon sinks and biodiversity hotspots
Climate change should be included in core curricula in schools worldwide to raise awareness, the authors said.

Scientists also urged slashing pollutants, stabilizing the human population and switching to plant-based diets.

"We need to stop treating the climate emergency as a standalone issue — global heating is not the sole symptom of our stressed Earth system," said William Ripple, a lead author of the study and professor of ecology at Oregon State University's College of Forestry.

"Policies to combat the climate crisis or any other symptoms should address their root cause: human overexploitation of the planet."

(Cont'd)

america's job creators have determined that climate change can be profitable. nothing will be done that costs exxon a dime.

Mankind is confused and has confused the earth as well. We are one with the earth. As we continue to self-destruct the earth will oblige by self-destructing along with us. :omg:

Mankind is confused and has confused the earth as well. We are one with the earth. As we continue to self-destruct the earth will oblige by self-destructing along with us. :omg:

It actually matters to CORRECTLY DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEMS.

The fires are caused by TOO MANY HUMANS SUCKING TOO MUCH FRESH WATER FROM FINITE LAND BASED SOURCES.

Your heroes LIE and MISDIAGNOSE and PREVENT SOLUTIONS LIKE DESALINATION because THEY STEAL ALL ENVIRONMENTAL SPENDING FROM THE TAXPAYER DOING IT

More like the plight of Indian farmers, massive suicides as their farms fail.

Always the "problem" that matters to left wing psychos is halfway around the planet...

and has nothing to do with the current LEFT WING FRAUD BILKING THE TAXPAYER and DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD except enriching and empowering anti American left wing liars harming America.

It actually matters to CORRECTLY DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEMS.

The fires are caused by TOO MANY HUMANS SUCKING TOO MUCH FRESH WATER FROM FINITE LAND BASED SOURCES.

Your heroes LIE and MISDIAGNOSE and PREVENT SOLUTIONS LIKE DESALINATION because THEY STEAL ALL ENVIRONMENTAL SPENDING FROM THE TAXPAYER DOING IT
I think that greening the earth would moderate the climate and help provide the seasonal rainfall we need. To the extent that desalinization can help this effort I agree.

Last edited:
Always the "problem" that matters to left wing psychos is halfway around the planet...

and has nothing to do with the current LEFT WING FRAUD BILKING THE TAXPAYER and DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD except enriching and empowering anti American left wing liars harming America.
It's a "Monsanto" thing, not a political thing.

American farmers are also facing some hard times especially out west.. American farmers are also among the highest suicide victims.

Forum List

Back