Melissa Harris-Perry Discloses Why She Left MSNBC: "A Direction Question"

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
"I will not be used as a tool for their purposes", Harris-Perry

Harris-Perry says that MSNBC is going in a direction she has conflict with as a journalist. The direction was not communicated to Harris-Perry's viewers; and she says they simply wanted to use her to make it seem like everything was OK at MSNBC. Apparently the "direction" that MSNBC is going is not something Harris-Perry and MSNBC agreed upon.

MSNBC cryptically said to Harris-Perry that "redemption is always possible", hinting that they'd take her back if she'd change her mind about that...mysterious..."direction" that feels non-journalistic to Harris-Perry.

Gee, I wonder what that could be? :eusa_think:

Her ratings were in the toilet probably and even that station couldn't Stomach her ranting and raving stupidity anymore.

see if your Ex-coworker can get you a job what he's doing.

Nope, try again. Watch the whole video interview. There's more from democracy now but I'm having trouble finding it. She discloses more.

Melissa did go on a bit about how she was striving to keep her panel "diverse" (a hint at what the issue was about?)...saying she had a "hetero" man ...reiterating that twice or three times...contrasted with a "queer" other man... That was really the only direct issues she disclosed in the interview...she went to great lengths dancing around other stuff; came close to but glanced away from an issue regarding coverage she was thinking of doing on the Beyonce' half-time show at the Stupidbowl. There was some issue they didn't want her talking about there that really caused a fuss.

Harris-Perry says that MSNBC is going in a direction she has conflict with as a journalist. The direction was not communicated to Harris-Perry's viewers; and she says they simply wanted to use her to make it seem like everything was OK at MSNBC. Apparently the "direction" that MSNBC is going is not something Harris-Perry and MSNBC agreed upon.

MSNBC cryptically said to Harris-Perry that "redemption is always possible", hinting that they'd take her back if she'd change her mind about that...mysterious..."direction" that feels non-journalistic to Harris-Perry.

For fuck's sake, Sil? Thread 66 already?

She specifically cites 'horserace election coverage' as the direction the newtwork went that she wasn't prepared to go.

But over the course of the, really the months that began 2016 they moved to kind of, and I want to be clear I think the word politics is the wrong word. It was horserace election coverage. And that's not the same thing, from my perspective. I wasn't prepared to simply do horserace election coverage.

But why bother to let what she actually said guide your delusion....when you can just imagine whatever you'd like.

No one cares what that clueless racist has to say....
Hmm...well Harris-Perry is black and doesn't appear to hate white people...so there's really only one other type of demographic at MSNBC that she could be accused of being "racist" towards (though behaviors aren't a race)...she did allude as to how she had a "hetero male" on her panel. Was that a problem? Perhaps..

No one cares what that clueless racist has to say....
Hmm...well Harris-Perry is black and doesn't appear to hate white people...so there's really only one other type of demographic at MSNBC that she could be accused of being "racist" towards (though behaviors aren't a race)...she did allude as to how she had a "hetero male" on her panel. Was that a problem? Perhaps..

Imagine that! You think this is about queers. Get a life. lol

What did she "actually say" Skylar?

This:

"But over the course of the, really the months that began 2016 they moved to kind of, and I want to be clear I think the word politics is the wrong word. It was horse race election coverage. And that's not the same thing, from my perspective. I wasn't prepared to simply do horse race election coverage." And so I had not been invited to host my show nor to even anchor during my hours for weeks um....after some other media outlets asked questions about that, I was again invited back not again to host my show but to anchor 10 am to noon Saturday and Sunday. I felt that doing so would been to signal to the audience that everything was fine. And everything was not fine. Therefore it was important to not be there so it would be a clear and visible signal that everything was not fine."

Melissa Harris-Perry

You simply ignore her and make up your own batshit narrative. Eventually you're going to learn what the rest of us already know:

Your hallucinations don't amount to much.

...and she's a loopy kunt

Has anyone found a link to the rest of the show Democracy Now was going to post online? The video in the OP is only part of the interview...

Has anyone found a link to the rest of the show Democracy Now was going to post online? The video in the OP is only part of the interview...

You could just imagine the rest of the interview. I mean, that's exactly what you did for the portions we can watch.

Forum List

Back