Fracking Poisons Small Town's Water Supply With Benzine

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
In Wyoming, scientists say chemical contamination from fracking has poisoned the water supply of the small town of Pavillion. The scientists recorded benzine levels 50 times above permitted limit. This comes three years after the Environmental Protection Agency decided to halt its investigation about water contamination in Pavillion. Wyoming: Fracking Poisoned Water Supply of Small Town | Democracy Now!

Well EXACTLY as I predicted, fracking toxic solvents breached fragile underground barriers and poisoned an aquifer in a small town in Wyoming. That entire town will have to pack it up now or truck in water. Once destroyed, you cannot clean up solvents from an aquifer.

This will be the end of our fresh water underground...all so the fossil fuel moguls can make a few more bucks before they croak. It reminds me of how gold miners poisoned many fresh water reserves with mercury they used to refine the gold from ore. Once done, it can never be undone. Benzine is a carcinogenic chemical that causes a host if illnesses in humans if ingested. It is but one of a slew of toxic ingredients, some of which the frackers refuse to disclose to the public, used in solvents the frackers inject under high pressure to dissolve oil from fractured shale.

sheeesh-----benzene------toxic to the liver--------sad-----it must have some sort of
half life in water----it won't last FOREVER

In Wyoming, scientists say chemical contamination from fracking has poisoned the water supply of the small town of Pavillion. The scientists recorded benzine levels 50 times above permitted limit. This comes three years after the Environmental Protection Agency decided to halt its investigation about water contamination in Pavillion. Wyoming: Fracking Poisoned Water Supply of Small Town | Democracy Now!

Well EXACTLY as I predicted, fracking toxic solvents breached fragile underground barriers and poisoned an aquifer in a small town in Wyoming. That entire town will have to pack it up now or truck in water. Once destroyed, you cannot clean up solvents from an aquifer.

This will be the end of our fresh water underground...all so the fossil fuel moguls can make a few more bucks before they croak. It reminds me of how gold miners poisoned many fresh water reserves with mercury they used to refine the gold from ore. Once done, it can never be undone. Benzine is a carcinogenic chemical that causes a host if illnesses in humans if ingested. It is but one of a slew of toxic ingredients, some of which the frackers refuse to disclose to the public, used in solvents the frackers inject under high pressure to dissolve oil from fractured shale.

Yo,

""Federal judge excuses Shell's pollution of Illinois town with chemical benzene""

Learn more: Federal judge excuses Shell's pollution of Illinois town with chemical benzene

"GTP"
4ac5ed5252f8711836915110ea4a3aeb.jpg

No...that was just the EPA cleaning out another gold mine......

Yeah....do you have a real news source for that....?

sheeesh-----benzene------toxic to the liver--------sad-----it must have some sort of
Not sure, but it will last long enough to kill a generation or two. I know benzene is a big deal in the environment. If I tried to pump benzene next to your water well into the ground they'd line me up and shoot me in a firing squad. But not BigOil. They can do as they please. Clean Water Act (federal law) be damned..

Not sure, but it will last long enough to kill a generation or two. I know benzine is a big deal in the environment. If I tried to pump benzine next to your water well into the ground they'd line me up and shoot me in a firing squad. But not BigOil. They can do as they please. Clean Water Act (federal law) be damned..

well-----the issue is FREQUENT water testing--------and responsibility upheld

Yeah....do you have a real news source for that....?

A Pulitzer Prize-winning, non-profit, non-partisan news organization dedicated to covering climate change, energy and the environment....Study also finds companies fracked into underground sources of water and at much shallower depths than previously known, close to drinking water wells....Hydraulic fracturing and other oil and gas operations contaminated the groundwater in Pavillion, Wyoming, according to a new study by Stanford University scientists. The findings raise concerns about possible water pollution in other heavily fracked and geologically similar communities in the U.S. West. Fracking Study Finds Toxins in Wyoming Town's Groundwater and Raises Broader Concerns

Pulitzer and Standford....good enough for you? No?

Right now Texas is dealing with benzine. Trumps epa is telling residents not to worry. I would worry if I were them.

Forum List

Back