Mel Gibson Using Racial Slur with Ex

So, let me get something straight. Because not everyone refuses to use a racial slur means we shouldn't bother not saying racial slurs instead of working to combat such words of prejudice? You guys have weird logic.

So, let me get something straight. Because not everyone refuses to use a racial slur means we shouldn't bother not saying racial slurs instead of working to combat such words of prejudice? You guys have weird logic.

Incorrect.

My logic is that if the considered it a slur they wouldn't call each other it, or defend those who do. Therefor, it's NOT a slur and instead is just a word, and since we are equal under the law, we are aren't we? , I have as much right to the word as they do.

SO deeply insulting that they call each other that little nickname...

Give me a break. If the word is considered amenable to ANYONE,

i.e. blacks calling other blacks by the moniker,

IT'S NOT AN INSULT!!!

If black folks don't want anyone to use that word? THEY'd better stop using it.

(I damn sure haven't heard other nationalities/races calling each other racially motivated names.)

I've never heard a single of my many black friends say Nig%er. They say Nig6a, with an A at the end, which if you knew anything about Ebonics then you'd know that they're two totally different words, with two totally different meanings. IE, no, they don't call each other that.

Yeah that is the claim anyways..

lol

Don't make it any less stupid.

Incorrect.

My logic is that if the considered it a slur they wouldn't call each other it, or defend those who do. Therefor, it's NOT a slur and instead is just a word, and since we are equal under the law, we are aren't we? , I have as much right to the word as they do.

Your logic is that it isn't a slur, because they call each other that, even though historically and culturally it was solidified it as a slur by people not of that race directing it at them?

Aren't you actually just making it a slur again because you're using it to refer to a minority in a term that is culturally and historically a very naughty word?

black people don't say ******? according to this guy, GT and zona don't know what they are talking about...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-UpHlB9no]YouTube - Def Poetry - Julian Curry - ******* Niggas & Niggaz[/ame]

he has some good points, not all, but some

quite interesting with 1.5 million hits and some the comments are interesting as well

IT'S NOT AN INSULT!!!

(I damn sure haven't heard other nationalities/races calling each other racially motivated names.)

I've never heard a single of my many black friends say Nig%er. They say Nig6a, with an A at the end, which if you knew anything about Ebonics then you'd know that they're two totally different words, with two totally different meanings. IE, no, they don't call each other that.

lol

Watch this little clip, where they claim he says nigga and tell me that denzel doesn't call the guy his ******.. a white guy even LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5yLmRbHbA]YouTube - Training Day - My Nigga![/ame]

Incorrect.

Your logic is that it isn't a slur, because they call each other that, even though historically and culturally it was solidified it as a slur by people not of that race directing it at them?

Aren't you actually just making it a slur again because you're using it to refer to a minority in a term that is culturally and historically a very naughty word?

You actually have a valid point there, except that those blacks who use it claim they are using it in a non offensive way, so maybe so am i...Another thing that weakens your argument is that some blacks, like zona, claim that no black actually says ******. I mean they can't even get their stories straight.

lol

Watch this little clip, where they claim he says nigga and tell me that denzel doesn't call the guy his ******.. a white guy even LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5yLmRbHbA]YouTube - Training Day - My Nigga![/ame]

The internetz can help with your malfunctioning hearing aid, homey.

Training Day Script - transcript from the screenplay and/or Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke movie

That's a rooster, give me a wolf!
-Give me a beer!

There you go! That's my nigga.

You got the magic eye, Hoyt.

Want the evidence?

-Fuck that, man.
-My nigga.

-It's Bob.
-Hello.

It's no fun when the rabbit
has the gun, is it?

My nigga.

Hey, first Damu puts one
in his head...

Sorry about that.

So what you're saying is, it would be ok if Mel had said "Nigga." Maybe he did say that and he is just being misquoted.

IT'S NOT AN INSULT!!!

RETARD ALERT. Retard alert.

what an ego that you have to announce your own arrival!!!!

So what you're saying is, it would be ok if Mel had said "Nigga." Maybe he did say that and he is just being misquoted.

Not quite. Look up the origins of the word nigga online. Its' purpose was for the black community to have their own comeraderie in a pun sort of way. Look it up.

I don't need to. I live it, every day.

There is no situation where a white person can say any version of that word without it being offensive.

Get it?

black people don't say ******? according to this guy, GT and zona don't know what they are talking about...

YouTube - Def Poetry - Julian Curry - ******* Niggas & Niggaz

he has some good points, not all, but some

quite interesting with 1.5 million hits and some the comments are interesting as well

LOL...GT conveniently "missed" this post :lol:

No I didn't.

it directly contradicts your claim....so you see it, but can't admit you'r wrong

got it

LOL...GT conveniently "missed" this post :lol:

No I didn't.

it directly contradicts your claim....so you see it, but can't admit you'r wrong

got it

Yea see, this is why I didn't respond to it.

You have to be sub-moronic to provide an example of a man agreeing with you, and calling it a trend. It's so stupid that it doesn't even merit a response.

In the real world, I rap. OK? I'm a rapper.

I know all of the nuances of the black community, I'm in it, I work in it. I know exactly how "Nigga" is used, and also know that there's no trend of "******" being used amongst the community. This goes for black people in my life, black people in the entire music industry, black people in movies, and black comedians. You can't show a trend of the opposite, because one doesn't exist. Admitting I'm wrong here would be calling water fire.

No I didn't.

got it

Yea see, this is why I didn't respond to it.

You have to be sub-moronic to provide an example of a man agreeing with you, and calling it a trend. It's so stupid that it doesn't even merit a response.

In the real world, I rap. OK? I'm a rapper.

I know all of the nuances of the black community, I'm in it, I work in it. I know exactly how "Nigga" is used, and also know that there's no trend of "******" being used amongst the community. This goes for black people in my life, black people in the entire music industry, black people in movies, and black comedians. You can't show a trend of the opposite, because one doesn't exist. Admitting I'm wrong here would be calling water fire.

i never said it was a trend....

you claimed:

Do you have black friends, who use Nigg (er) ? 99.999% likely not

and zona agreed with you

the video is in now way shape or form talking about .001% of blacks, no one would make comedy/political speech like that for a mere .001%....further, the video title has all three words meaning the same thing

FACT is....many do use that term and you are apprently way out of touch, you can also see by the audience's reaction that they agreed with him and by some of the comments as well....

who knows, maybe you are just making shit up

Last edited:

Forum List

Back