Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution

I would have no problem replacing the governing framework, the least of my reasons is because it has been taken over by special interest critters who more often than not look out for the interest of their political donors than the people who voted them in. I would keep all of the Bill of Rights and most all Amendments.

Any replacement agreed to by politicians would be far worse than what we have.

Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution

The only thing needed to be given up is the guns, once all guns are gone, and out of the control of the average schmoe, then we will be able to create laws and remove them to serve our interests when and where we see fit, at that point if it tickles our fancy, we can just abolish the constitution, or bring it back when needed for certain situations.

This is satire, right?

Actually, his main point is exactly your first sentence. He's saying that most people tend to ignore the constitution in the first place, so we may as well do away with it. From his perspective, it is preferable that government have the flexibility to adjust to the times and the way successive generations prefer to be governed. The intentions of the founding fathers are marginally relevant at best, compared to the will of those currently alive, for a just system of government.

This is extremely erroneous and dangerous thinking for the reasons I stated in post 20.

The only thing needed to be given up is the guns, once all guns are gone, and out of the control of the average schmoe, then we will be able to create laws and remove them to serve our interests when and where we see fit, at that point if it tickles our fancy, we can just abolish the constitution, or bring it back when needed for certain situations.
^&^%$ off commie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/31/opinion/lets-give-up-on-the-constitution.html

Imagine that after careful study a government official — say, the president or one of the party leaders in Congress — reaches a considered judgment that a particular course of action is best for the country. Suddenly, someone bursts into the room with new information: a group of white propertied men who have been dead for two centuries, knew nothing of our present situation, acted illegally under existing law and thought it was fine to own slaves might have disagreed with this course of action.

PRESIDENT: I have decided after careful consideration in the wake of this latest horrible national tragedy that espousing radical views in public is just too dangerous and we must ban such speech.

(Door bursts open)

LAWYER: Wait, Mr. President. That is a violation of the Constitution! You cannot ban free speech!

PRESIDENT: Blarg! Free speech, schmee schmeech. I should listen to a bunch of dead white men who humped their slaves? What nonsense! You have very outdated thinking, man. Henceforth, anyone espousing radical views will be put into concentration camps. We must put a stop to those outbreaks of violence for the good of America and our children. Think of the children!

Last edited:
PU.............. the Founding Fathers..................
The constitution in not legitimate, as it was being drawn up, then signed, there were ten's of thousands of armed gun clinging psychopaths within 1 days travel, if I was in the situation of the Founding Fathers even I would sign it in fear of my own life, thus the constitution is not legitimate, the US Constitution was created and signed DUE FRAUD !!!

It is not a surprise that liberals want to give up the Constitution. They can't find application to the way they want to run the country.

Sure they can. General Welfare. It's been working pretty well for them apparently.

The constitution in not legitimate, as it was being drawn up, then signed, there were ten's of thousands of armed gun clinging psychopaths within 1 days travel, if I was in the situation of the Founding Fathers even I would sign it in fear of my own life, thus the constitution is not legitimate, the US Constitution was created and signed DUE FRAUD !!!

You are not legitimate in any regard. You need to work your way up to hack.

Gosh, I think I've heard it all, Wally. :eusa_eh:

Suppose Obama can climb Mt. Vernon and bring back some stone tablets with a new constitution on them?

Eating shit has made you insane.....or is it that you eat shit because you are insane......hmmmm.

It is not a surprise that liberals want to give up the Constitution. They can't find application to the way they want to run the country.

Sure they can. General Welfare. It's been working pretty well for them apparently.

General welfare applied to the states. It didn't mean that the people were entitled to a check every month.

If that's true, than I agree, scrap it. We need laws intended for free people, unrestrained by any other person's notions of acceptable morality or religiousness.

In that case, what would you write as replacement to our Constitution? Would you adopt the Chinese Mao version, the Russian version, or revert to Islamic Shar'ira Law? Tell us, why don't you.

Since liberals believe the US Constitution is a piece of crap document thus the US is a failure....well move away and find some island to build your own utopia with your own bullshit document.

Interestingly enough, the Constitution did not contain the second AMENDMENT at its signing. Doh!

Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution​

By Billy Hallowell
12/7/2013

Many Americans were shocked to learn about Georgetown University Professor Louis Michael Seidman’s advocation for the U.S. to abandon the Constitution — the central document that has helped spawn America’s growth and progression for hundreds of years. As previously reported, the constitutional expert recently noted his belief (via an op-ed) that a blind allegiance to the outdated document is perilous. On Friday, he defended his controversial views about some purportedly “evil” provisions in the Constitution in an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution (Plus: Judge Napolitano Reacts!) | Video | TheBlaze.com
The guy's a mush-brained moron recruiting future lawyers and judges for the apparatchik hell he is creating out of his self-righteous attitude and their wannabe burial of this good republic. I hope he and his fellow communists fail to destroy freedom, religion, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. I hope they fail to destroy the Pilgrims' dream of America, land where people are free to worship God as they see fit.

Actually, his main point is exactly your first sentence. He's saying that most people tend to ignore the constitution in the first place, so we may as well do away with it. From his perspective, it is preferable that government have the flexibility to adjust to the times and the way successive generations prefer to be governed. The intentions of the founding fathers are marginally relevant at best, compared to the will of those currently alive, for a just system of government.

This is extremely erroneous and dangerous thinking for the reasons I stated in post 20.

I'm not saying that I agree with him. I'm just trying to accurately represent what he's saying.

Forum List

Back