Meet The Press: Lindsey Graham just advocate for Permanent military bases in Afghan..

I was watching "Meet the Press" and Lindsey Graham just made the ridiculous pledge to advocate for permanent bases in Afghanistan. This after complaining about deficits and debt.:lol:

Man..
Wait'll the 1%ers hear about this!! :eek:

MR. GREGORY: You talk about the budget, you talk about spending. How will you vote on the debt ceiling? Will you vote to raise it? Which is, which is a vote that'll come up in relatively short order.

SEN. GRAHAM: Right. Well, to not raise the debt ceiling could be a default of the United States' bond and Treasury obligations. That would be very bad for, for the position of the United States in the world at large. But this is an opportunity to make sure the government is changing its spending ways. I will not vote for the debt ceiling increase until I see a plan in place that will deal with our long-term debt obligations, starting with Social Security, a real bipartisan effort to make sure that Social Security stays solvent, adjusting the age, looking at means tests for benefits. On the spending side, I'm not going to vote for debt ceiling increase unless we go back to 2008 spending levels, cutting discretionary spending.
Can you imagine that???

Some poor 1%er....who's got a few-million (in the bank)....with $50K-75K (yearly-income) from dividend-payouts....would be expected to forgo ANY percentage of his S.S.-check??!!!! :eek:

Hell.....it isn't like you can dock your yacht for FREE, nowdays!!!!! :hmpf:

At least he admitted BUSHCO blew it....BIG TIME....on Medicare D!!!!

SEN. GRAHAM: I hope so. I know that Speaker Boehner is going to produce spending limitation bills every day. But the question for the Republican Party, for the tea party, for the Democratic Party, beyond discretionary spending, are we willing to look at the debt commission's suggestions in entitlement reform and begin to enact those reforms before it's too late? I hope the--that, that this new Congress will do something the other Congresses have never done, and that is seriously look at entitlement reform by adjusting the age and means assessing benefits, including Medicare Part D. Obama health care needs to be repealed and replaced. (Yeah....Good Luck with THAT!) But the Republican Party created Medicare Part D, a prescription drug entitlement that's already gotten out of control. I hope we'll put that on the table for reform.

Great idea, and obviously needed. Sallow's aint have a link, so delete his, mine's better.

Senator proposes permanent US bases in Afghanistan
AP

– 53 mins ago

WASHINGTON – A leading GOP lawmaker on U.S. military policy says he wants American officials to consider establishing permanent military bases in Afghanistan.

Sen. Lindsay Graham of South Carolina says that having a few U.S. air bases in Afghanistan would be a benefit to the region and would give Afghan security forces an edge against the Taliban.

Senator proposes permanent US bases in Afghanistan - Yahoo! News

Terrible idea. It sends the wrong message and will further hurt our mission by further pushing the perception of the average Afghan that we are there as conquerors.

Graham is an idiot on this one.

?

He is a right wing Republican sent to the congress by right wing people.

You really buy that??? He is less Conservative than Specter, than McCain, than Ed Koch. :lol: Good one! You had me there for a minute! :lol:

why? because he's not an extremist like michelle bachmann and her ilk?

or is it because he's actually civil and plays well with others occasionally?
Right...Now we have "sensible moderates" pimping for neocon empire.

Gimmie the "extremism" of MYOB any day of the week.

I was watching "Meet the Press" and Lindsey Graham just made the ridiculous pledge to advocate for permanent bases in Afghanistan. This after complaining about deficits and debt.:lol:

Man..

Lindsay is losing it.
That's nothing new.....

Back when he was on, with Big Jim Webb, I thought Lindsey was gonna jump on Webb & scratch-his-eyes-out (but, Lindsey had more-than-likely just had his nails done)!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d84IBOKeps&playnext=1&list=PLF2A1A064E0ED3CE7&index=1[/ame]​

You really buy that??? He is less Conservative than Specter, than McCain, than Ed Koch. :lol: Good one! You had me there for a minute! :lol:

Yeah moderates are great, who needs principles.

Man..

Lindsay is losing it.
That's nothing new.....

Back when he was on, with Big Jim Webb, I thought Lindsey was gonna jump on Webb & scratch-his-eyes-out (but, Lindsey had more-than-likely just had his nails done)!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d84IBOKeps&playnext=1&list=PLF2A1A064E0ED3CE7&index=1[/ame]​

Jim Webb is an asshole.

oh. i don't agree with the neo-con thing.

but it's naive to think you can disassociate yourself from the rest of the world and myob. that's just childish.

and given that if you look at the people Intense mentioned, it wasn't because they were isolationists. in fact they were even more neo-con.

Yeah moderates are great, who needs principles.

well there are things to have principles about.

but there's also being sane about what you can and can't do.

Great idea, and obviously needed. Sallow's aint have a link, so delete his, mine's better.

Senator proposes permanent US bases in Afghanistan
AP

– 53 mins ago

WASHINGTON – A leading GOP lawmaker on U.S. military policy says he wants American officials to consider establishing permanent military bases in Afghanistan.

Sen. Lindsay Graham of South Carolina says that having a few U.S. air bases in Afghanistan would be a benefit to the region and would give Afghan security forces an edge against the Taliban.

Senator proposes permanent US bases in Afghanistan - Yahoo! News

He must think the cash tree is about to drop another load of apples.

but it's naive to think you can disassociate yourself from the rest of the world and myob. that's just childish.

and given that if you look at the people Intense mentioned, it wasn't because they were isolationists. in fact they were even more neo-con.
"Isolationism" is a term coined by progressive/neocon types (virtually indistinguishable from one another) in the early part of the last century, to disparage those who didn't want intervention in wars that were none of our business and America going down the road to empire.

Judging from the results of America trying to be the world's policeman/military babysitter, the "isolationists" were and continue to be right.

Now, douchebag necon Graham wants to compound that error.

Last edited:

"Isolationism" is a term coined by progressive/neocon types (virtually indistinguishable from one another) in the early part of the last century, to disparage those who didn't want intervention in wars that were none of our business and America going down the road to empire.

Judging from the results of America trying to be the world's policeman/military babysitter, the "isolationists" were and continue to be right.

Now, douchebag necon Graham wants to compound that error.

people like you think there's *nothing* worth fighting and dying for.

people like the neo-cons think everything is worth sending *other* people's kids to die for.

there are happy mediums in the world.

would you have been switzerland taking a 'neutral' position while allowing nazis to use your banks to hide stolen money?

Lindsay is losing it.
That's nothing new.....

Jim Webb is an asshole.

I don't care for his interview style. I do agree our politicians do put words in the mouth of our troops, just like the populace does. And I think the media is afraid to ask the troops the right questions.

Forum List

Back