Meet the Latest Secret Free-Market Group That Wants to Take Over Your Public School

You have nothing, Peach. Again. Come back when you do.

Look up the info for yourself.
Testing scores are compared by States.
We are rated Internationally.
These are two facts.
Come back after you find out

Indirectly. They cannot be compared directly. That's what Common Core was supposed to address. You cannot make a correct comparison internationally because the systems are extremely diverse. Means you're a sucker for believing it.

You are the sucker that is believing the lie.
It's just to bad that you are not able to see it.

Do you spend any amount of time at all researching anything? Anything at all?
The 1500 kids for a PISA does nothing but amplify fears. You buy into it.

I have no knowledge of what PISA is or what you are referring to.
I get my information stats right from the Education Department itself.
:booze:International testing.

Look up the info for yourself.
Testing scores are compared by States.
We are rated Internationally.
These are two facts.
Come back after you find out

Indirectly. They cannot be compared directly. That's what Common Core was supposed to address. You cannot make a correct comparison internationally because the systems are extremely diverse. Means you're a sucker for believing it.

Not drinking. :)
Not having any kids or grandkids.
But it's proof that I am not buying into their fears. :biggrin:

Your posts prove otherwise.

Go ahead and keep on attacking me and not the facts.
it won't go anywhere.

it won't go anywhere.

I gave you the facts. Thus far, your argument has been nuh-uh.

it won't go anywhere.

I gave you the facts. Thus far, your argument has been nuh-uh.

I give up.
You're hopeless.

Can anyone name the period in our history that could be called the golden age of American education?
Can anyone name the period in our history that education was not being taken over by some group?
There might just be such periods in our history when there was no real politics involved.

Until the inner city family structure is fixed, nothing will change no matter who is in charge. Once education becomes a corporate thing, its all over. But conservatives low believe keeping labor costs down is a good thing will have a nice supply of low wage workers who work for $15 an hour and believe that is a decent wage.

Until the inner city family structure is fixed, nothing will change no matter who is in charge. Once education becomes a corporate thing, its all over. But conservatives low believe keeping labor costs down is a good thing will have a nice supply of low wage workers who work for $15 an hour and believe that is a decent wage.
Does a family structure depend on a job? Should any American that wants and needs to work to maintain a family structure be assured of a job?

Don’t look now, but there’s something creepy coming toward you, and it wants to take over your public school system. Sure, it’s connected—through all-important grants—to many of the big names in today’s education reform movement (Gates, Walton, Broad), but most people have probably never heard of it.

This “education reform powerhouse” is the Center on Reinventing Public Education, which goes by the acronym CRPE—or “creepy.” How fitting. While there are many individuals and organizations on the front lines of the free-market education reform movement—from Teach for America, to Education Secretary Arne Duncan, to the Recovery School District in New Orleans—CRPE has not been publicly outed. Instead, it has steadily carved out an influential role for itself behind the scenes. In fact, CRPE operates in a manner that is strikingly similar to ALEC (the American Legislative Exchange Council), the secretive, powerful group funded by the Koch brothers and a large roster of corporations. Here’s a look at how the two organizations work:
Meet the Latest Secret Free-Market Group That Wants to Take Over Your Public School - In These Times

And another little group rises to the top.

Liberal want diversity in everything but education. The big fear they hold for our education system has nothing to do with their failures and everything to do with the fact that someone might do it better.

Don’t look now, but there’s something creepy coming toward you, and it wants to take over your public school system. Sure, it’s connected—through all-important grants—to many of the big names in today’s education reform movement (Gates, Walton, Broad), but most people have probably never heard of it.

This “education reform powerhouse” is the Center on Reinventing Public Education, which goes by the acronym CRPE—or “creepy.” How fitting. While there are many individuals and organizations on the front lines of the free-market education reform movement—from Teach for America, to Education Secretary Arne Duncan, to the Recovery School District in New Orleans—CRPE has not been publicly outed. Instead, it has steadily carved out an influential role for itself behind the scenes. In fact, CRPE operates in a manner that is strikingly similar to ALEC (the American Legislative Exchange Council), the secretive, powerful group funded by the Koch brothers and a large roster of corporations. Here’s a look at how the two organizations work:
Meet the Latest Secret Free-Market Group That Wants to Take Over Your Public School - In These Times

Liberal want diversity in everything but education. The big fear they hold for our education system has nothing to do with their failures and everything to do with the fact that someone might do it better.

Except they don't.

it won't go anywhere.

What facts have you provided?

Did you just have a brain fart? How rude! You've got it all turned around. Those who are doing better are the ones we need to take lessons from.

Overall rankings
Rankings based on maths and science, at age 15
  1. 1. Singapore
  2. 2. Hong Kong
  3. 3. South Korea
  4. 4. Japan
  5. 4. Taiwan
  6. 6. Finland
  7. 7. Estonia
  8. 8. Switzerland
  9. 9. Netherlands
  10. 10. Canada
  11. 11. Poland
  12. 12. Vietnam

We're # 28. Where's my flag, I want to waive it.

Asia tops biggest global school rankings - BBC News

Did you just have a brain fart? How rude! You've got it all turned around. Those who are doing better are the ones we need to take lessons from.

Overall rankings
  1. 1. Singapore
  2. 2. Hong Kong
  3. 3. South Korea
  4. 4. Japan
  5. 4. Taiwan
  6. 6. Finland
  7. 7. Estonia
  8. 8. Switzerland
  9. 9. Netherlands
  10. 10. Canada
  11. 11. Poland
  12. 12. Vietnam

That's off the PISA and it's meaningless.

This is fucking priceless.

For just a moment, please consider the subversive groups that are currently in control of the American public education system. The NEA and the NFT.

These are the groups that for decades have been actively fighting any attempt to (a) evaluate teachers according to academic results, (2) get rid of non-performing teachers, (iii) do anything that will cause them additional work or time on the job, and (D) allow mid-career technical professionals to enter teaching in the fields of science and math (where the credentials of current teachers are pitiful).

Jesus Fucking Christ. And you are worried about an outside group gaining influence?

How fucking delusional can you be? Seriously, are you concerned that someone ELSE can make it worse?

Unbelievable.

You're in denial. Again.

So you are in denial over his rebuttal by claiming he's the one in denial? How cute. He just very accurately countered your OP so please elaborate exactly what he's denying.

This is fucking priceless.

For just a moment, please consider the subversive groups that are currently in control of the American public education system. The NEA and the NFT.

These are the groups that for decades have been actively fighting any attempt to (a) evaluate teachers according to academic results, (2) get rid of non-performing teachers, (iii) do anything that will cause them additional work or time on the job, and (D) allow mid-career technical professionals to enter teaching in the fields of science and math (where the credentials of current teachers are pitiful).

Jesus Fucking Christ. And you are worried about an outside group gaining influence?

How fucking delusional can you be? Seriously, are you concerned that someone ELSE can make it worse?

Unbelievable.

You're in denial. Again.

So you are in denial over his rebuttal by claiming he's the one in denial? How cute. He just very accurately countered your OP so please elaborate exactly what he's denying.

We have been over it multiple times. Hence, denial.

Overall rankings
  1. 1. Singapore
  2. 2. Hong Kong
  3. 3. South Korea
  4. 4. Japan
  5. 4. Taiwan
  6. 6. Finland
  7. 7. Estonia
  8. 8. Switzerland
  9. 9. Netherlands
  10. 10. Canada
  11. 11. Poland
  12. 12. Vietnam

Statistics show that if we discounted blacks and Hispanics from our ranking system we would be among the top countries in the world in education. But you are correct, Asia outperforms us. But it isn't because they have a better education system. It's because they value education more. More often than not they value western education more. And all of this whilst liberals are admonishing the west in our educational system.

The top 5 on that list rely heavily on things liberals hate/fear:

Rote memorization
Very high stakes testing
Tons and tons of work
A conspicuous lack of trying to create "relevance" to students' feelings, lived experiences, or touchy-feely nonsense.

Forum List

Back