Secret phone call reveals Christian Right plan to 'take down the education system as we know it'

And yet the right claims to love the constitution.

That is a good thing. Public schools suck in this country. It is time to get rid of them.

Actually I don't even disagree that they suck (or at least when I went there, but I doubt they could change that much even in decades).

However, I do not think they should be gotten rid of.

The constitution does not forbid religion in the public space. It prevents the adoption of a STATE RELIGION. The fact that those who are threatened by Christian doctrines are willing to destroy anyone and anything that supports them, is the real problem.
I don't think any school should have a required prayer or class on religions of any kind but when the only religion that is pushed from the public places is Christianity, that should tell you what they fear. And they SHOULD. For one day "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"

When that day arrives, it won't be subject to ACLU lawyers or judges...

People mistakenly believe that the State Religion is Secularism. It absolutely is not. Students--and even teachers--have the right to express their faith at school. Students can read and write about it if there is "free reading", etc. I can wear a Cross and post Bible verses at my desk. What I cannot do is proselytize my students--I've never been tempted to do this, because foisting my personal beliefs on them of ANY stripe is disrespectful. However, I'm also not compelled to hide my beliefs, by say, not wearing a Cross necklace.

I knew a woman that was high up in OFSTED (UK), the department that audits schools. She said, "If I had kids, I wouldn't send them to state school". Speaks volumes, and with the crap about history that comes out of Americans mouths, your education system is worse.

Not sure free education is part of the Constitution, I could be wrong, it should be though. There's the "pursuit of happiness", which could be interpret as such in a way.
A "right" just means the government can't stop you from doing it. It doesn't mean they have to give you anything.

Free speech doesn't mean anyone has to give you a stage and a microphone.
Free assembly doesn't mean anyone has to attend a meeting with you if they don't want to.
The right to bear arms doesn't mean the government has to give you a gun.

And so on.

I knew a woman that was high up in OFSTED (UK), the department that audits schools. She said, "If I had kids, I wouldn't send them to state school". Speaks volumes, and with the crap about history that comes out of Americans mouths, your education system is worse.

The “if I had kids” part is a problem .

There's nothing in the Constitution about government run education. Get the Federal government and unions out of public schools.

considering the failure of the current system it doesnt sound like bad idea,,

not seeing the constitutional problem though,, could you explain??
How did the current school system fail?
Black inner city employment rate has exceeded white employment rate for the first time in history.
fredgraph.png

With AI, smart phones, computers & calculators, being proficient in math is not in demand by employers.
unless the electricity goes out,,

but sure lets have a country full of stupid people that cant count beyond their toes and fingers,,

math is just one of many examples of stupid the current and future generations dont understand,,

unless the electricity goes out,,

but sure lets have a country full of stupid people that cant count beyond their toes and fingers,,

math is just one of many examples of stupid the current and future generations dont understand,,
My smart phone runs a week on a charge under normal use. There is zero chance there is no generator, battery or solar available to recharge it by then. If that ever happened, then having everyone only proficient in math won't solve the problem.

Teaching relevant job skills to maximize employment of graduates is the goal of the public education system. That has only been achieved by democrats.

My smart phone runs a week on a charge under normal use. There is zero chance there is no generator, battery or solar available to recharge it by then. If that ever happened, then having everyone only proficient in math won't solve the problem.

Teaching relevant job skills to maximize employment of graduates is the goal of the public education system. That has only been achieved by democrats.

Someone who thinks women can have penises and it's OK to fuck over certain classes has relevant job skills?

if a person cant do simple math they cant even build a house,,

make all the excuses you want,, we all know dems like a dumbed down populace,,

The "Christian Right" is a made up boogeyman used to scare dumb DemoKKKrats.

if a person cant do simple math they cant even build a house,,

make all the excuses you want,, we all know dems like a dumbed down populace,,
I worked construction in the late 80's with crews that couldn't do math or speak english, yet we built houses, condos, a 60'ft spillway, 100'ft bridge & poured 66 piers. Today language barriers & math are easy as pi with smart phones on the job.

Proof is a higher percent are employed under democrat presidents than any republican president ever in history.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back