Media Surprised That Christians Schools Are . . . Christian

So this was the outrage du jour for my sister, the family's token leftist:

Karen Pence Works at School That Bans Gay Employees and Students

Apparently, this is a big, shocking story worthy of much coverage:

Karen Pence to teach at school that bans LGBTQ employees, students

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

Meh. We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids. Pence and family are deeply religious. Not sure what the shock factor is. Christian schools are still Christian.
We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids.

EarthLink - Politics

Pence defends wife's teaching jod at school that bars gays

Pence is responding to media reports of his wife returning to teach at a school that says it can refuse to employ gay and lesbian teachers or enroll children with gay or lesbian parents.

Pence and family are deeply religious.
seems your respite falls a little short for the christians as well.

I dislike Pence immensely. I make no bones about it. I have said so multiple times. This argument goes nowhere. It's a private school. Don't like the way it's run then don't send your kids there.

I do not want that nonsense in the public schools.

What a coincidence. Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kids' lives. Hence the proliferation of Christian schools.

But for some reason, that still doesn't earn us the right to be left alone, despite the left telling us ad nauseam that "all they want" is for us to keep it to ourselves.
The proliferation of christian schools? You think they are a fairly new thing? Parochial schools proliferated in the Northeast in the 1800s because the Irish and the Italians wanted Catholic upbringings. So-called christian schools proliferated in the South after desegregation....want to guess why?

Proliferation doesn't mean new. Plywood

I'm sorry but it is the Christians or at least trying to pretend they are Christian. It isn't what they say but how they act. And they are acting like they have never read the bible. Yes there is no question in my mind that many Christians do believe that any sign of gayism is a road straight to hell. To bad they can't understand what the bible says. Look at the way they back the mistreatment of people that are in need of help. Do any of you supposed Christians know what the bible says about that. Remember that Christ was a refugee.

You apparently have NO IDEA what the bible says about homosexuality. It states it is an "abomination to the Lord." NOWHERE in the bible does it say ANY FORM OF HOMOSEXUALITY is acceptable.

Don't claim to read the bible when you obviously never read it you fucktard.

It depends on WHY they are needy. Nowhere does the bible say "help all needy people". Lazy? No passage in the bible says to help the lazy. In fact in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10he says, uh, 'for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat."

So with the lazy people who are needy, to hell with them, literally.

Last edited:
Meh. We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids. Pence and family are deeply religious. Not sure what the shock factor is. Christian schools are still Christian.
We'll know they are serious when they start addressing Pence's track record and not targeting his wife and kids.

EarthLink - Politics

Pence is responding to media reports of his wife returning to teach at a school that says it can refuse to employ gay and lesbian teachers or enroll children with gay or lesbian parents.

I dislike Pence immensely. I make no bones about it. I have said so multiple times. This argument goes nowhere. It's a private school. Don't like the way it's run then don't send your kids there.

What a coincidence. Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kids' lives. Hence the proliferation of Christian schools.

But for some reason, that still doesn't earn us the right to be left alone, despite the left telling us ad nauseam that "all they want" is for us to keep it to ourselves.
The proliferation of christian schools? You think they are a fairly new thing? Parochial schools proliferated in the Northeast in the 1800s because the Irish and the Italians wanted Catholic upbringings. So-called christian schools proliferated in the South after desegregation....want to guess why?

There's a reason I have that twit on ignore.

There's a reason I have that twit on ignore.

Certainly not the brightest bulb on the strand.

She posts, blows a snot bubble, wipes it on her sleeve and thinks she's shown everybody something

I'm sorry but it is the Christians or at least trying to pretend they are Christian. It isn't what they say but how they act. And they are acting like they have never read the bible. Yes there is no question in my mind that many Christians do believe that any sign of gayism is a road straight to hell. To bad they can't understand what the bible says. Look at the way they back the mistreatment of people that are in need of help. Do any of you supposed Christians know what the bible says about that. Remember that Christ was a refugee.

You apparently have NO IDEA what the bible says about homosexuality. It states it is an "abomination to the Lord." NOWHERE in the bible does it say ANY FORM OF HOMOSEXUALITY is acceptable.

Don't claim to read the bible when you obviously never read it you fucktard.

Another clue is the worn out crap "Christ was a refugee".

Nope

It's the leftist media . It's not that they're surprised, but outraged. It doesn't follow their "sexual orientation" and "Hollywood values" mantra. There is no such thing as sexual orientation. That concept was made up so people can gender bend and have same-sex sex :banana::banana:, bi-sex or orgy pile-ons as part of their Hollywood values. It's happened before and will happen again. Sin happens.

Bottom line is a person is male or female gender and sex is between the opposite sexes :11_2_1043:(The only exception are hermaphrodites).

It's the leftist media . It's not that they're surprised, but outraged. It doesn't follow their "sexual orientation" and "Hollywood values" mantra. There is no such thing as sexual orientation. That concept was made up so people can gender bend and have same-sex sex :banana::banana:, bi-sex or orgy pile-ons as part of their Hollywood values. It's happened before and will happen again. Sin happens.

Bottom line is a person is male or female gender and sex is between the opposite sexes :11_2_1043:(The only exception are hermaphrodites).

In the case of this thread, the bottom line is, "Why is this shocking and outrageous? Why are the media pretending that they expected, or should be able to expect, anything different?"

You've just dare to utter the one word that the left absolutely hates to acknowledge exists. Sin.

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

EarthLink - Politics

Ya. I'm familiar with the Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kid's lives. Christian schools have always been in this country. That's perfectly fine. Public schools take everybody. Have to. That........needs some work.

What we have currently is a culture war that neither you nor I created.

You have a couple of news (cough cough) groups that insist on creating crap where none exists.

EarthLink - Politics

Ya. I'm familiar with the Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kid's lives. Christian schools have always been in this country. That's perfectly fine. Public schools take everybody. Have to. That........needs some work.

You have a couple of news (cough cough) groups that insist on creating crap where none exists.

Interesting, your comment about "public schools take everybody. Have to. That...needs some work."

Can you elaborate? Fwiw, even as a public school teacher, I would probably agree...sadly. I have stories I can't and won't tell. But generally, I see cases that are FAR too extreme for any school setting. And I'm talking ELEMENTARY

Seriously, who even knows what goes on a Christian school these days. Is it like a madrasah?

I went to a Catholic school. And we had to actually read the Bible.

Learned that giving was godly. And that helping people were direct orders from Jesus.

We were taught we should help this sick in the infirm. Never make fun of people less fortunate.

That’s just the old kind of Christianity that you don’t see anymore in the Republican Party.

For Republicans, it’s not about helping people, it’s about idolizing the rich.

The Christians I knew when I was a kid never would’ve accepted a man whore and victimizer as their leader. Not ever.

You've just dare to utter the one word that the left absolutely hates to acknowledge exists. Sin.

Haha. We all sin, but if one doesn't acknowledge it, i.e. "their sin," then how can they fix it? That said, with homosexuality, the left is now saying that it's not a sin anymore because gay marriage is legal and consenting adults can do whatever they want. I'm not surprised this happened.

Haha. We all sin, but if one doesn't acknowledge it, i.e. "their sin," then how can they fix it? That said, with homosexuality, the left is now saying that it's not a sin anymore because gay marriage is legal and consenting adults can do whatever they want. I'm not surprised this happened.
The world is marching closer and closer to exactly what the Scriptures clearly speak.

The problem that I have with this is the use of the term "Christian" to represent that this school's viewpoint represents the views of all people in the Christian faith. It does not. This is why we have to come up with separate names for separate groups of Christians. The history of Europe is replete with adherence to separate sects, all contending for the title of 'Christian." Many people who identify as Christian are busy creating safe spiritual homes for LGBTQs and others.

The problem that I have with this is the use of the term "Christian" to represent that this school's viewpoint represents the views of all people in the Christian faith. It does not. This is why we have to come up with separate names for separate groups of Christians. The history of Europe is replete with adherence to separate sects, all contending for the title of 'Christian." Many people who identify as Christian are busy creating safe spiritual homes for LGBTQs and others.
We already have terms for people that call themselves Christians, yet don't believe the Scriptures. They're called "wolves in sheep's clothing".

the left is now saying that it's not a sin anymore because gay marriage is legal and consenting adults can do whatever they want. I'm not surprised this happened.

it's not a sin anymore - and consenting adults can do whatever they want.

images

Florida gay nightclub to become memorial to shooting victims | Reuters
TAMPA, Fla. (Reuters) - A memorial will be created at the gay nightclub in Florida, dedicated to the 49 people who were killed in June 2016 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, its owner said on Thursday.

the events of the 1st century say otherwise ... it's not a sin anymore.

the murder victims above haven't a choice in the matter, no different throughout recorded history the persecution and victimization of the innocent carried out by the desert religions in the name of their self serving, forged documents depicted by them as their religion without a shred of evidence for any of their beliefs.

other than this forum and a brief news account of the subject matter there is no doubt the disappointment the christians must concern themselves with being ignored concerning their biased education than their infringement upon consulting adults they shield themselves from through a selfmade false religion than the true religion prescribed from antiquity they ignore.

why is the media shocked and outraged that a Christian private school is behaving like a Christian private school, and that the openly and unashamedly Christian wife of the Vice President is working there? Why do people on the left keep telling us that they don't want to suppress Christianity, they "just" want Christians to keep it to themselves, but then can't seem to follow through on what they say?

The media is publicizing our 2nd ladies misogyny stance Ceclilie

Our 2nd lady is a public figure

If in fact the school was 'private' , they would send the press packin'

Pence did not, did she?

So we can asssume they're after the 'religmo' vote here

Via teaching girls women are chattel at that

Score one for sisterhood!

~S~

Anyway, as I was saying, is this not exactly what the left has been demanding and harping on since forever? They keep insisting that they aren't attacking Christianity, they have no interest in suppressing Christianity. How many times have we heard this meme? "I just don't want the Bible shoved down my throat. Keep your religion to yourself, and we're fine."

Leaving aside arguments about how demanding self-censorship IS suppressing Christianity, are Karen Pence and Imanuel Christian not doing exactly what the left vehemently insists is "all they want"? They are not espousing their beliefs in a public school, or anywhere that receives any sort of public funds. They're a private school, on their own private property, and no one is being forced to hear or live with their beliefs who does not agree with them. Indeed, they are encouraging people who don't agree with them to not be there.

Is this not what the Left told us was "all they wanted"? And yet they're still pitching a media pissy fit over it. It's almost as though they've been lying all this’d time, or something.

Well first off, we need to define “Christian behaviour”.

I take my definitition from Jesus. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Jesus would make everyone welcome. He never excluded anyone, especially those others considered “sinners” or “unclean”, and he frequently excluded those who believe they were righteous, like the Pharisees.

We expect works leaders to lead in openness and inclusivity, not bigotry, hate and narrow minded idiocy. We expect them to be better than the rest.

It is not “Christian” behaviour to exclude those they disagree with. The Pence’s should set a Christian example and refuse to participate in discrimination against other Americans.

EarthLink - Politics

Interesting, your comment about "public schools take everybody. Have to. That...needs some work."

Can you elaborate? Fwiw, even as a public school teacher, I would probably agree...sadly. I have stories I can't and won't tell. But generally, I see cases that are FAR too extreme for any school setting. And I'm talking ELEMENTARY

Society has a tendency to pin all of the solutions on the little school house but neglects to either fund those solutions or expects way more from it as the only avenue for solutions. Then a law changes and everything becomes null and void anyway. I don't have a problem with teachers. I have a problem with the thinking that a teacher can step into a classroom, wave a magic wand for 8 hours and the kids return to whatever home life awaits or that they had at one time and they have been healed. Then blame the teachers when they aren't.

I think that some of the kids have needs that are greater than what the public school can provide and there are no available resources or society has not yet caught up to recognizing an issue. Some of these kids are so traumatized that their behavior is beyond what the school can provide for........well/or at all. PTSD and hyper-vigilance? Developmental delays that are beginning to surface when they enter school from being exposed to drugs in the womb but were not showing previously. Severe mental health issues that blossom by the age of 14 and then medication changes, refusal to take medication and behaviors demonstrated in the school setting.

All of that is to be addressed in a cookie cutter fashion in a public school. Some districts have nothing and some have lots so even if the will is there the means aren't.

Then there are severe disabilities. If the IEP says move a pen from one side of the desk to the other and that's it then maybe we need to look at something else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back