Media Surprised That Christians Schools Are . . . Christian

why is the media shocked and outraged that a Christian private school is behaving like a Christian private school, and that the openly and unashamedly Christian wife of the Vice President is working there? Why do people on the left keep telling us that they don't want to suppress Christianity, they "just" want Christians to keep it to themselves, but then can't seem to follow through on what they say?

The media is publicizing our 2nd ladies misogyny stance Ceclilie

Our 2nd lady is a public figure

If in fact the school was 'private' , they would send the press packin'

Pence did not, did she?

So we can asssume they're after the 'religmo' vote here

Via teaching girls women are chattel at that

Score one for sisterhood!

~S~

I think I am misreading this. Who would send the press packin'? Were they invited?

esus would make everyone welcome. He never excluded anyone,
Would Jesus exclude those who wish to raise their children in a traditional family setting and send them to a private Christian school? It seems to me society cannot help but vent disapproval on someone. Since government (not God, but government) ordained disapproval cannot be vented on homosexual behavior, disapproval is now directed at raising/educating children in traditional settings. We excuse this disapproval by saying we are now more open minded. Does being open-minded require us to close our minds about something else? Moving mistrust from one group only to place it on another does not result in a gain for any of us.

Who should decide when a child is told about non-traditional families, and how they are told? Raising a child in a traditional setting does not equate to teaching them to discriminate, does it?

the left is now saying that it's not a sin anymore because gay marriage is legal and consenting adults can do whatever they want. I'm not surprised this happened.

it's not a sin anymore - and consenting adults can do whatever they want.

images

Florida gay nightclub to become memorial to shooting victims | Reuters
TAMPA, Fla. (Reuters) - A memorial will be created at the gay nightclub in Florida, dedicated to the 49 people who were killed in June 2016 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, its owner said on Thursday.

the events of the 1st century say otherwise ... it's not a sin anymore.

the murder victims above haven't a choice in the matter, no different throughout recorded history the persecution and victimization of the innocent carried out by the desert religions in the name of their self serving, forged documents depicted by them as their religion without a shred of evidence for any of their beliefs.

other than this forum and a brief news account of the subject matter there is no doubt the disappointment the christians must concern themselves with being ignored concerning their biased education than their infringement upon consulting adults they shield themselves from through a selfmade false religion than the true religion prescribed from antiquity they ignore.

smh. I got so many questions for you? Did you read the article? Who was the killer? It was a RADICAL Muslim, but yet you point the finger at Christians. I can't speak for them, but what are the 6th and 7th Commandments since you know about the 1st century book? Is homosexuality still a sin and was in the past, still is in the present and will be in the future? Is murder a sin? What is sin to you?

the left is now saying that it's not a sin anymore because gay marriage is legal and consenting adults can do whatever they want. I'm not surprised this happened.

it's not a sin anymore - and consenting adults can do whatever they want.

images

Florida gay nightclub to become memorial to shooting victims | Reuters
TAMPA, Fla. (Reuters) - A memorial will be created at the gay nightclub in Florida, dedicated to the 49 people who were killed in June 2016 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, its owner said on Thursday.

the events of the 1st century say otherwise ... it's not a sin anymore.

the murder victims above haven't a choice in the matter, no different throughout recorded history the persecution and victimization of the innocent carried out by the desert religions in the name of their self serving, forged documents depicted by them as their religion without a shred of evidence for any of their beliefs.

other than this forum and a brief news account of the subject matter there is no doubt the disappointment the christians must concern themselves with being ignored concerning their biased education than their infringement upon consulting adults they shield themselves from through a selfmade false religion than the true religion prescribed from antiquity they ignore.

smh. I got so many questions for you? Did you read the article? Who was the killer? It was a RADICAL Muslim, but yet you point the finger at Christians. I can't speak for them, but what are the 6th and 7th Commandments since you know about the 1st century book? Is homosexuality still a sin and was in the past, still is in the present and will be in the future? Is murder a sin? What is sin to you?
It was a RADICAL Muslim, but yet you point the finger at Christians.

- no different throughout recorded history the persecution and victimization of the innocent carried out by the desert religions ...

whenever over the centuries have any of the scriptural religions ever been at the forefront of doing what was good for society or help those most in need - rather than their own self interest - your private schools for yourselves to make your children as uncountable for your past deeds as you are. those in this thread blind themselves to their own true intent.

The problem that I have with this is the use of the term "Christian" to represent that this school's viewpoint represents the views of all people in the Christian faith. It does not. This is why we have to come up with separate names for separate groups of Christians. The history of Europe is replete with adherence to separate sects, all contending for the title of 'Christian." Many people who identify as Christian are busy creating safe spiritual homes for LGBTQs and others.
We already have terms for people that call themselves Christians, yet don't believe the Scriptures. They're called "wolves in sheep's clothing".

I think that what you are referring to are those who believe that the bible is both errant and infallible. Two false notions.

The problem that I have with this is the use of the term "Christian" to represent that this school's viewpoint represents the views of all people in the Christian faith. It does not. This is why we have to come up with separate names for separate groups of Christians. The history of Europe is replete with adherence to separate sects, all contending for the title of 'Christian." Many people who identify as Christian are busy creating safe spiritual homes for LGBTQs and others.
We already have terms for people that call themselves Christians, yet don't believe the Scriptures. They're called "wolves in sheep's clothing".
Only among those fools who insist that the king james bible is both inerrant and infallible. Ever read Leviticus, even if this writing is attributed to the Supreme Being? How does it feel to live as an Orthodox Jew of the first-second century C.E.

According to Leviticus, a woman is "unclean" for 33 days after giving birth to a boy and 66 days after giving birth to a girl. And there is a lot more sexual stuff in Leviticus, as well as stuff that does not pertain to anything to do with sex.. Enjoy reading Leviticus. Enjoy being an ultra-orthodox Jew.

whenever over the centuries have any of the scriptural religions ever been at the forefront of doing what was good for society or help those most in need - rather than their own self interest - your private schools for yourselves to make your children as uncountable for your past deeds as you are. those in this thread blind themselves to their own true intent.

Desert religions? Accountable for past deeds? Blind to their own true intent? Haha.

Yet, you didn't answer one question of mine.

What have you been drinking or smoking? Maybe snorting or doing some illegal Fentanyl prescription? Anyway, when you come down someone can talk you through your stereotypes and overactive generalizations.

seems your respite falls a little short for the christians as well.

I dislike Pence immensely. I make no bones about it. I have said so multiple times. This argument goes nowhere. It's a private school. Don't like the way it's run then don't send your kids there.

I do not want that nonsense in the public schools.

What a coincidence. Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kids' lives. Hence the proliferation of Christian schools.

But for some reason, that still doesn't earn us the right to be left alone, despite the left telling us ad nauseam that "all they want" is for us to keep it to ourselves.

Ya. I'm familiar with the Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kid's lives. Christian schools have always been in this country. That's perfectly fine. Public schools take everybody. Have to. That........needs some work.

What we have currently is a culture war that neither you nor I created.

You have a couple of news (cough cough) groups that insist on creating crap where none exists.

Interesting, your comment about "public schools take everybody. Have to. That...needs some work."

Can you elaborate? Fwiw, even as a public school teacher, I would probably agree...sadly. I have stories I can't and won't tell. But generally, I see cases that are FAR too extreme for any school setting. And I'm talking ELEMENTARY

Society has a tendency to pin all of the solutions on the little school house but neglects to either fund those solutions or expects way more from it as the only avenue for solutions. Then a law changes and everything becomes null and void anyway. I don't have a problem with teachers. I have a problem with the thinking that a teacher can step into a classroom, wave a magic wand for 8 hours and the kids return to whatever home life awaits or that they had at one time and they have been healed. Then blame the teachers when they aren't.

I think that some of the kids have needs that are greater than what the public school can provide and there are no available resources or society has not yet caught up to recognizing an issue. Some of these kids are so traumatized that their behavior is beyond what the school can provide for........well/or at all. PTSD and hyper-vigilance? Developmental delays that are beginning to surface when they enter school from being exposed to drugs in the womb but were not showing previously. Severe mental health issues that blossom by the age of 14 and then medication changes, refusal to take medication and behaviors demonstrated in the school setting.

All of that is to be addressed in a cookie cutter fashion in a public school. Some districts have nothing and some have lots so even if the will is there the means aren't.

Then there are severe disabilities. If the IEP says move a pen from one side of the desk to the other and that's it then maybe we need to look at something else.

Can't add anything to this except yes, all of it in spades. I am a public school teacher of long duration. I love teaching so much I often wonder how I will ever retire. I will--I will finally just get too tired to keep going; I see it coming. But I will never stop loving teaching. It's not what I do--it's who I am. A teacher.

But all you say is true, and since no one listens and everyone blames us....well, enter teacher shortage. I'm just shrugging, really. Which is so sad. The quality of teachers will get more and more abysmal because qualified young people are running away. Who can blame them?

I dislike Pence immensely. I make no bones about it. I have said so multiple times. This argument goes nowhere. It's a private school. Don't like the way it's run then don't send your kids there.

I do not want that nonsense in the public schools.

What a coincidence. Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kids' lives. Hence the proliferation of Christian schools.

But for some reason, that still doesn't earn us the right to be left alone, despite the left telling us ad nauseam that "all they want" is for us to keep it to ourselves.

Ya. I'm familiar with the Christians don't want public school nonsense in their kid's lives. Christian schools have always been in this country. That's perfectly fine. Public schools take everybody. Have to. That........needs some work.

What we have currently is a culture war that neither you nor I created.

You have a couple of news (cough cough) groups that insist on creating crap where none exists.

Interesting, your comment about "public schools take everybody. Have to. That...needs some work."

Can you elaborate? Fwiw, even as a public school teacher, I would probably agree...sadly. I have stories I can't and won't tell. But generally, I see cases that are FAR too extreme for any school setting. And I'm talking ELEMENTARY

Society has a tendency to pin all of the solutions on the little school house but neglects to either fund those solutions or expects way more from it as the only avenue for solutions. Then a law changes and everything becomes null and void anyway. I don't have a problem with teachers. I have a problem with the thinking that a teacher can step into a classroom, wave a magic wand for 8 hours and the kids return to whatever home life awaits or that they had at one time and they have been healed. Then blame the teachers when they aren't.

I think that some of the kids have needs that are greater than what the public school can provide and there are no available resources or society has not yet caught up to recognizing an issue. Some of these kids are so traumatized that their behavior is beyond what the school can provide for........well/or at all. PTSD and hyper-vigilance? Developmental delays that are beginning to surface when they enter school from being exposed to drugs in the womb but were not showing previously. Severe mental health issues that blossom by the age of 14 and then medication changes, refusal to take medication and behaviors demonstrated in the school setting.

All of that is to be addressed in a cookie cutter fashion in a public school. Some districts have nothing and some have lots so even if the will is there the means aren't.

Then there are severe disabilities. If the IEP says move a pen from one side of the desk to the other and that's it then maybe we need to look at something else.

Can't add anything to this except yes, all of it in spades. I am a public school teacher of long duration. I love teaching so much I often wonder how I will ever retire. I will--I will finally just get too tired to keep going; I see it coming. But I will never stop loving teaching. It's not what I do--it's who I am. A teacher.

But all you say is true, and since no one listens and everyone blames us....well, enter teacher shortage. I'm just shrugging, really. Which is so sad. The quality of teachers will get more and more abysmal because qualified young people are running away. Who can blame them?

Teachers are often the port in a storm. You do a great thing.

So this was the outrage du jour for my sister, the family's token leftist:

Karen Pence Works at School That Bans Gay Employees and Students

Apparently, this is a big, shocking story worthy of much coverage:

Karen Pence to teach at school that bans LGBTQ employees, students

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.

Indeed, my wake up call this morning was to see a Leftist colleague on Facebook screeching about this. I'm THIS CLOSE to saying wake me up when liberals are screeching about Muslims not taking gay students in their schools.....but of course I won't. But what she said about Christians in that post REALLY ticks me off

I hear there are people who DON'T wake up to 10 leftist hate screeds against Trump and Pence clogging the top of their Facebook feed. I wonder what that's like.

what about the people who wake up to right wing hate radio?

I have no doubt you do NOT know what the problem is.

In fact, for you, there is NO problem!

But we talking about evangelical zealots (christians first, conservatives second, republicans third, no room left for patriotism) . People who think in the dark ages. People who believe women should submit to their husbands and that gays should NOT be tolerated. Obviously YOU have no problem with enslaving women and performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies but as a sane and rational person who doesn't want to be a victim of your inquisition I can assure you I do NOT want to go back to the dark ages.

These guys are just as bad as islamic zealots.

and their schools are teaching the next generation of anti-gay, anti-women zealots.

And you are a Puritanical Moralist Zealot. Make no mistake about it--and a cowardly unthinking one, being swept away by the Orthodoxy of your time.

Congrats on that.

"And you are a Puritanical Moralist Zealot. Make no mistake about it--and a cowardly unthinking one, being swept away by the Orthodoxy of your time."

really?

insults and personal attacks?

is that a right wing evangelical zealot thing?

cowardly?

seriously?

you HAD to go there?

look SOURsue, your post is merely angry irrational personal attacks, completely unfounded.
or, if you prefer...lies!

and that is why you voted for trump!

you like liars!

I am a secular aheist/humanist who does not want ANY religious zealots of any religion teaching American children to hate America or other Americans.

If you do NOT agree then YOU are the zealot.

Tell me, cowardly liar....

if all public schools and all private schools were christian orthodox, teaching all American children that girls should submit, gays should be killed and atheists should NOT be allowed rights would you be happy?

Allow me to add "hypocrite" and "sanctimonious" to Sue's description of you.

"People who think in the dark ages."

". . . enslaving women"

". . . performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies"

". . . inquisition"

And you want to get your panties ruffled over someone ELSE making "angry irrational attacks"? Your entire post was nothing but a hyperbolic mess of baseless hatred. As much as you want to think of your position as rational and enlightened, you exude more nasty, hate-filled intolerance in one sentence than any of the Christians you so revile and long to eradicate do in their entire lives.

"Your entire post was nothing but a hyperbolic mess of baseless hatred. As much as you want to think of your position as rational and enlightened, you exude more nasty, hate-filled intolerance in one sentence than any of the Christians you so revile and long to eradicate do in their entire lives."

Nonsense.

You are deranged.

You are obviously a deranged christofascist zealot.

I oppose ALL religious extremists regardless of which religion it is.

NOT wanting any religious zealots to enforce their religious beliefs on everyone doesn't make me a zealot.

It makes me rational.

Assuming that anyone who opposes religious extremism is "hate filled intolerant" is what a loony toon chrisitian wackjob..

You stinking christian conservatives mock and ridicule and attack and lie and cheat and when called out on your EVIL BEHAVIOR you immediately whine "i'm under attack!!"

So I will ask again, christian wackjob, If michelle Obama was an art teacher for an EXTREMIST ISLAMIC school would you have been kind to her about that?

You bemoan personal attacks and hate then proceed to hateful personal attacks.

Yep...your're a left loon

My first responses NEVER include personal attacks.

I read the nonsense of some conservative and if I choose to respond with logic and reason I do so CIVILLY.

NEXT some right wing loon like you IMMEDIATELY attacks me with hate and mockery and lies and personal attacks.

THEN I respond in kind.

I DO bemoan personal attacks,.

But I won't shy away from appropriate responses when attacked by vile loathsome lying fascist christian right wing dirtbags.

So NEXT time when I say something like "I don't want right wing evangelical christians indoctrinating MY kids in OUR public schools with THEIR religious beliefs" (a rational opinion) perhaps instead of accusing ME of being "intolerant and hateful to christians" (a deranged opinion) perhaps YOU should respond civiliy and rationally instead of with insults, lies and personal attacks.

But you are conservative so I can't expect you to be civil.

Karen Pence Is Working At A School That Bans LGBTQ Employees And Kids | HuffPost

The school that hired Karen Pence requires applicants to disavow gay marriage, trans identity

Why this is such a bombshell is anyone's guess. To quote Matt Walsh, the media seems to "discover" that the Pences are Christians every two months or so, and they're shocked and outraged every time.

I'm not entirely certain what the problem is here. Obviously, given that they all basically used the same headline, they're up in arms yet again about Christians stubbornly insisting that "alternative" sexual behavior is not okay, in direct contradiction to the CLEAR dictates of the left. I'm just not sure if they're demanding that Christian private schools should endorse behavior they don't agree with, or if they're demanding that the Vice President's wife should have to get a job in a place she doesn't agree with.
Wrong.

No one is surprised by the unwanted fear, bigotry, and hate common to far too many Christian schools, including the media.

Yeah, cram that SJW Newspeak right into your colon, fucking leftist drone.

I apologize to OP for being lewd and crude.

I have no doubt you do NOT know what the problem is.

In fact, for you, there is NO problem!

But we talking about evangelical zealots (christians first, conservatives second, republicans third, no room left for patriotism) . People who think in the dark ages. People who believe women should submit to their husbands and that gays should NOT be tolerated. Obviously YOU have no problem with enslaving women and performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies but as a sane and rational person who doesn't want to be a victim of your inquisition I can assure you I do NOT want to go back to the dark ages.

These guys are just as bad as islamic zealots.

and their schools are teaching the next generation of anti-gay, anti-women zealots.
Just as bad as Islamic zealots? Really?

You believe that is a rational position?

Only among those fools who insist that the king james bible is both inerrant and infallible. Ever read Leviticus, even if this writing is attributed to the Supreme Being? How does it feel to live as an Orthodox Jew of the first-second century C.E.

According to Leviticus, a woman is "unclean" for 33 days after giving birth to a boy and 66 days after giving birth to a girl. And there is a lot more sexual stuff in Leviticus, as well as stuff that does not pertain to anything to do with sex.. Enjoy reading Leviticus. Enjoy being an ultra-orthodox Jew.
The problem isn't the Bible. The problem is your ignorance of the Bible. The point of sin and unclean things was to show mankind their distance from God because of sin. Everything in Leviticus shows the fallen nature of man and how holy God is. A scholar knows this. You're not a bible scholar. You're just another hopelessly ignorant sinner that refuses to seek the truth.

Indeed, my wake up call this morning was to see a Leftist colleague on Facebook screeching about this. I'm THIS CLOSE to saying wake me up when liberals are screeching about Muslims not taking gay students in their schools.....but of course I won't. But what she said about Christians in that post REALLY ticks me off

How about an example of "right wing hate radio". Go ahead.

And you are a Puritanical Moralist Zealot. Make no mistake about it--and a cowardly unthinking one, being swept away by the Orthodoxy of your time.

Congrats on that.

"And you are a Puritanical Moralist Zealot. Make no mistake about it--and a cowardly unthinking one, being swept away by the Orthodoxy of your time."

really?

insults and personal attacks?

is that a right wing evangelical zealot thing?

cowardly?

seriously?

you HAD to go there?

look SOURsue, your post is merely angry irrational personal attacks, completely unfounded.
or, if you prefer...lies!

and that is why you voted for trump!

you like liars!

I am a secular aheist/humanist who does not want ANY religious zealots of any religion teaching American children to hate America or other Americans.

If you do NOT agree then YOU are the zealot.

Tell me, cowardly liar....

if all public schools and all private schools were christian orthodox, teaching all American children that girls should submit, gays should be killed and atheists should NOT be allowed rights would you be happy?

Allow me to add "hypocrite" and "sanctimonious" to Sue's description of you.

"People who think in the dark ages."

". . . enslaving women"

". . . performing the final solution on all of your christian enemies"

". . . inquisition"

And you want to get your panties ruffled over someone ELSE making "angry irrational attacks"? Your entire post was nothing but a hyperbolic mess of baseless hatred. As much as you want to think of your position as rational and enlightened, you exude more nasty, hate-filled intolerance in one sentence than any of the Christians you so revile and long to eradicate do in their entire lives.

"Your entire post was nothing but a hyperbolic mess of baseless hatred. As much as you want to think of your position as rational and enlightened, you exude more nasty, hate-filled intolerance in one sentence than any of the Christians you so revile and long to eradicate do in their entire lives."

Nonsense.

You are deranged.

You are obviously a deranged christofascist zealot.

I oppose ALL religious extremists regardless of which religion it is.

NOT wanting any religious zealots to enforce their religious beliefs on everyone doesn't make me a zealot.

It makes me rational.

Assuming that anyone who opposes religious extremism is "hate filled intolerant" is what a loony toon chrisitian wackjob..

You stinking christian conservatives mock and ridicule and attack and lie and cheat and when called out on your EVIL BEHAVIOR you immediately whine "i'm under attack!!"

So I will ask again, christian wackjob, If michelle Obama was an art teacher for an EXTREMIST ISLAMIC school would you have been kind to her about that?

You bemoan personal attacks and hate then proceed to hateful personal attacks.

Yep...your're a left loon

My first responses NEVER include personal attacks.

I read the nonsense of some conservative and if I choose to respond with logic and reason I do so CIVILLY.

NEXT some right wing loon like you IMMEDIATELY attacks me with hate and mockery and lies and personal attacks.

THEN I respond in kind.

I DO bemoan personal attacks,.

But I won't shy away from appropriate responses when attacked by vile loathsome lying fascist christian right wing dirtbags.

So NEXT time when I say something like "I don't want right wing evangelical christians indoctrinating MY kids in OUR public schools with THEIR religious beliefs" (a rational opinion) perhaps instead of accusing ME of being "intolerant and hateful to christians" (a deranged opinion) perhaps YOU should respond civiliy and rationally instead of with insults, lies and personal attacks.

But you are conservative so I can't expect you to be civil.

This is America, and you're free to run your Communist cocksucker, but it's Christian men and women that won you the freedom to do so, so you need to show a little more respect, faggot.

America was founded as a Christian country. Without people following God's rules, we'd need 3x more government, of course that's your goal, and you will lie, cheat, and steal to achieve it.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams"
Read more at: John Adams Quotes

The point of sin and unclean things was to show mankind their distance from God because of sin. Everything in Leviticus shows the fallen nature of man and how holy God is. A scholar knows this.
Yes.

It is vital that we as Christians do two things: First, that while we will not teach (or practice) prejudice and discrimination we will also be adamant in teaching our own children that there is a different option for living than what government and some segments of society wish to accept. The powerful (the government) will always exploit the weak. The weak will generally seek protection from the very power that exploits them. We do not want our children exploited.

People settle for "Good enough" and the government, following the path of least resistance, pursues the good enough less they lose the power they do possess. That is why some of our Founding Fathers said flat out that a democracy depends on people serving a higher power than government and people being moral. It is the people who will get the government they choose/deserve.

Second, people need to first use a more scholarly approach to both learning and teaching scripture. Society needs to be aware we will not settle for "good enough", we are pursuing holiness, we want the ideal for ourselves and our children. Again, no prejudice or discrimination for those on the wider path of "good enough" but nor should we or our children be prevented from taking the narrow path, the road less traveled.

I hear there are people who DON'T wake up to 10 leftist hate screeds against Trump and Pence clogging the top of their Facebook feed. I wonder what that's like.

What about the people who wake up and dive straight into every hate-filled leftist propaganda site they can find? Like I think you know shit about right-wing radio beyond what those self-same leftist sites tell you to believe.

The goal is to eliminate Christianity or at least drive it underground where no one would publicly admit to being a Christian.

Forum List

Back