Media forces for and against Hillary Rodham Clinton

Dead wood, a candidate with nothing positive to offer. A poor track record. Scandals. an expected favorite who failed to even beat obama. a lot of bagage from that ugly campaign battle to overcome. Is this the democrats have to offer? looks to me like your bench is pretty weak

Looks to me like Tepublicans do not have anyone in her league

Care to name one?

all i hear from the left is the republicans have no one fresh. You call hillary fresh? Wow. now i've heard it all.

I mean, it's interesting reading this stuff, but I wonder if people actually read the intent of the op:

I would really, really like to use this thread to collect media data over the ascent (or possible descent) of HRC, based on the timing. In other words, if you see something that is a positive media wave for her, and on the same day, a media backlash to her, feel free to post those two things together to show the timing of this all.

For Righties who hate her, this could even bolster their argument. But for Lefties, the same could apply. So, instead of people just showing their asses and being mad, why not bring some data onto this thread? Put your feelings in your back pocket for just a sec and just look at what the media is doing. Give it a try...

I started. Who is next? I don't care if you love or hate her, that's your thing. If you bring two totally opposite buy yet concurrent pieces of media data about her to the thread, I will respect you for it. Guaranteed. Enjoy.

I will not disagree when some people say she might not run, but I find the possibility of this to be very, very low. She is currently making all the moves that a candidate in making does at this point in time:

1.) lays low
2.) writes a book
3.) gives an occasional speech before a select group

-and-

4.) PACS in support of her "spring out of the ground".

I am quite sure she is going to run.

Just my two cents, again.

Dead wood, a candidate with nothing positive to offer. A poor track record. Scandals. an expected favorite who failed to even beat obama. a lot of bagage from that ugly campaign battle to overcome. Is this the democrats have to offer? looks to me like your bench is pretty weak

Care to name one?

all i hear from the left is the republicans have no one fresh. You call hillary fresh? Wow. now i've heard it all.

I just stated that Hillary is not fresh

I also note you cannot identify anyone who could defeat her

Care to name one?

Christie would beat her. even though i'm not a fan of christie. any repubican beyond that we'll have to wait and see who puts their hat in the ring. how she polls against anyone else right now is meaningless because no other candidate has made their intentions formal or provided a platform.

I don't have the media for you, but as the media, it is owned by the establishment, and they trend towards the hedging of bets. Bill was corporate friendly - Howard Dean, not so mutch. Different race, I know, but much different treatment ala the "Dean Scream," And that was a well enough known (to those who follow these things) bit of audio manipulation. On the flip side, remember the media treatment of (not a favorite of mine, but pretty popular on the right) Ross Perot.

Hillary is a known quantity to the powers that actually be, both in the Democratic party and in corporate everything and everywhere. Now, I would like to see an Elizabeth Warren / Bernie Sanders ticket, no matter who wound up at the top of it, but I sincerely doubt the corporate owned media would allow such popular and populist people anywhere NEAR either one of the two party tickets.

Now, what would be interesting would be if another Ross Perot or Ralph Nader were allowed to become a threat again, or one of each, only for one to have that plug pulled. The one left would not indicate media preference FOR the dark horse candidate left standing, but for the opposition left to have their votes split.

That is how the corporate and monied world controls the menu.

Care to name one?

The fact you say no one can defeat her speaks to the ignorance of the left. She is a failure as a politician. She hasn't done anything except yell and get people killed because of her incompetence.

Stop blaming Republicans for Hillary.

She doesn't need Benghazi to be a lousy candidate. She lost to an unknown black man with no experience in 2008. Let that sink in for a moment...she was "ordained" by the lefdtmeida in 2008 - she was going to be the nominee, then the President......it was a done deal. Instead she got rick-rolled by a con-man who spoke in slogans of "hope and change".....:rofl:

Face it, Hillary is a lousy candidate. We've seen her pantsuit schtick and frankly, it's boring the hell out of the country. The first "new" flavor that comes along and Democrats will drop Hilary faster than Bill dropped his pants for Monica.....

She's OLD news.

She doesn't need Benghazi to be a lousy candidate. She lost to an unknown black man with no experience in 2008. Let that sink in for a moment...she was "ordained" by the lefdtmeida in 2008 - she was going to be the nominee, then the President......it was a done deal. Instead she got rick-rolled by a con-man who spoke in slogans of "hope and change".....:rofl:

Face it, Hillary is a lousy candidate. We've seen her pantsuit schtick and frankly, it's boring the hell out of the country. The first "new" flavor that comes along and Democrats will drop Hilary faster than Bill dropped his pants for Monica.....

She's OLD news.

the fact that hillary is even being talked up shows she is the democrats last and only resort. They have nothing to go on. They haven't fixed the economy, they haven't addressed unemployment. Foriegn policy is a disaster. The mid east has lost the ground bush gained. obamcare is a disaster. a failed gun grab that clearly showed the democrats would take away citizens constitutional rights if they had the votes in congress. the democrats squandered a golden opportunity, coming of the heals of a very unpopular bush administration and having a vast majority of puplic support to initiate the change they promised. there was no change. there was no improvement. it was all a smoke screen. and worse, they turned on the american public.

The fact you say no one can defeat her speaks to the ignorance of the left. She is a failure as a politician. She hasn't done anything except yell and get people killed because of her incompetence.

If Republicans can't beat her, how does that speak to the ignorance of the left?

She's OLD news.

Hillary was very close in that primary. The best available Republican got beaten by a two to one margin by that same unknown black man

She's OLD news.

Hillary was very close in that primary. The best available Republican got beaten by a two to one margin by that same unknown black man

After 8 years of Bush and a financial crisis, any Democrat was going to win the election. The leftmedia told us all that Hillary was the "one". She was "ordained". It was a "done deal". She was picking out drapes for the oval office. She was going to be the first woman POTUS. WOOHOO!!!

What happened? She lost to an inexperienced black man. Period.

Hillary (and any Democrat) doesn't stand a chance in 2016. After 8 years of Obama's feckless incompetence any Republican will beat any Democrat.

Tissue?

She's OLD news.

After 8 years of Bush and a financial crisis, any Democrat was going to win the election. The leftmedia told us all that Hillary was the "one". She was "ordained". It was a "done deal". She was picking out drapes for the oval office. She was going to be the first woman POTUS. WOOHOO!!!

Hillary (and any Democrat) doesn't stand a chance in 2016. After 8 years of Obama's feckless incompetence any Republican will beat any Democrat.

Tissue?

Give the tissue to President Romney!

Regardless who is in or out of office, who runs or does not run,
the key to solving America's problems is still the people.
We can use our own party structures to organize our own solutions,
and fund these ourselves.

We don't need the media to tell us who to worship as the enemy
or person in control. If we quit worshipping people as icons and
handing over authority and control to one bully after another.
We don't need to sit around, whining as victims while collective
groups suppress our dissent. We don't have to give them our money
or power. We can invest our labor and resources in our own solutions
if we organize these ourselves, nationwide, such as by using the
very party system that has divided us in groups, and use that in our favor.

In short, if we don't fix our problems and resolve our conflicts ourselves,
nobody in government or the media can magically fix that for us.

And if we DO fix our own problems, then nobody else can tell us what
to do, how to do it, and what to fund or not to fund.

Anyone, any group can set up an LLC, nonprofit, church, business or
school, organize and invest resources to build a program, and deduct
either the business expenses or donations from taxes accordingly.

If local taxing authorities impose restrictions, there are more and more groups
who have either rewritten and passed new ordinances, or bought out property
as a church or nonprofit that was tax-exempt.

Only thing missing is people are not organized but too busy
fighting each other over the next "bogeyman" (or woman)
touted in the media like a scarecrow, a head on a stick,
to scare people into submission or running scattered,
paying government and funding bully campaigns hoping that
will solve the problem or protect us from the "bigger bully."

How long will this game go on before we run out of resources?
We need to invest our labor and time we have into building
solutions directly, and quit playing political bully games that
only profit the commercial media, campaign finances, and political careers
of people who exploit the conflict and divert attention and resources from solutions.

She's OLD news.

Tissue?

And the same American public preferred that inexperienced black man over the best the GOP could muster TWICE?

What makes you think those same Republicans can beat Hillary?

Name names

I think the problem is, Hillary is the only Democrat who is polling well at this time.

The obvious thing people point to was that Obama came out of nowhere and swiped the nomination right out from under her.

Clearly, Hillary has people who've hated her for decades. They are making Chris Stevens into the new Vince Foster, but they will get just about as far- which is to say, nowhere.

I still think the GOP's biggest problem is the GOP. They still don't understand why they lost a winnable election in 2012.

I just don't understand Republicans

Hillary has been on the political scene for 20 years. Her act has gone stale and she jumped the shark quite a while ago. She is electable, but far from inspiring. Run a candidate who looks fresh, new ideas, a real compassionate conservative. Beat Hillary on the contrast

But, no

The Republicans insist on being Republicans. Overplay your hand once again. Trot out a four year old Benghazi story that nobody cared about at the time. Turn Hillary into a victim of an obvious witch hunt. See how that works

I think it is a mistake to elect someone who looks 'fresh, new' etc. That's what we thought about Obama, but it could have turned out better had we elected the older and more experienced Mrs. Clinton. It is a mistake to elect as president the new, inexperienced candidate. The best ticket is an older, more experienced candidate with a younger, fresher person as a running mate. Four years of being VP could, should, prepare someone to be a better President. That's what we should have done last time. If only they'd listened to me!!:eusa_pray:

Had HRC been the winner in 2008 I have no doubt whatsoever that the Republicans would have embarked on an identical strategy to obstruct her at every turn and make sure that she was a "1 termer" only just as they did with Obama. For all his lack of experience he still managed to do something that none of his more experienced predecessors had accomplished.

Forum List

Back