Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Sodahead put out this article:

Can Anyone Stop Hillary Clinton?

And it showed the graphic of the TIME magazine cover:

360_cover_0127.jpg

Nothing like exaggerating to get your point across, what?

Rasmussen rushed out this poll:

46% Think Benghazi Will Hurt Hillary Clinton in 2016 - Rasmussen Reports?

RasmussenHillary2016Benghazipoll_zpsa7634b6c.png

The emails from Sodahead and Rasmussen literally landed in my mailbox at the same time. It was kind of wild...

I don't believe that both can be right at the same time.

I'm taking away three things from this:

1.) Media forces are at work much earlier for the next presidential cycle than they usually are. We are 2 years and 10 months aways from the GE 2016 and not even into the 2014 primaries yet.

2.) If you want to know who is behind those forces, follow the money. Who owns Time, and who supports Rasmussen?

3.) Lots of people are either thrilled with or terrified of Hillary Clinton. Otherwise, they would not be so motivated to speak out about her so early.

Now, the purpose of this thread is neither to praise the former Secretary of State or attack her. The purpose is to show that timing is everything and it is no surprise to me that TIME put out that mag cover and Rasmussen responded so quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would really, really like to use this thread to collect media data over the ascent (or possible descent) of HRC, based on the timing. In other words, if you see something that is a positive media wave for her, and on the same day, a media backlash to her, feel free to post those two things together to show the timing of this all.

For Righties who hate her, this could even bolster their argument. But for Lefties, the same could apply. So, instead of people just showing their asses and being mad, why not bring some data onto this thread? Put your feelings in your back pocket for just a sec and just look at what the media is doing. Give it a try...

I started. Who is next? I don't care if you love or hate her, that's your thing. If you bring two totally opposite buy yet concurrent pieces of media data about her to the thread, I will respect you for it. Guaranteed. Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
  • Banned
A friendly shout out to some folks who may really enjoy the information in the OP: [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION] [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION] [MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION] [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] [MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] [MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION] [MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION] [MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION]

Anyone who doesn't want to be on this occasional mention list: just let me know, I will drop the name immediately.

Thanks,

-Stat

Last edited:
I think the problem is, Hillary is the only Democrat who is polling well at this time.

The obvious thing people point to was that Obama came out of nowhere and swiped the nomination right out from under her.

Clearly, Hillary has people who've hated her for decades. They are making Chris Stevens into the new Vince Foster, but they will get just about as far- which is to say, nowhere.

I still think the GOP's biggest problem is the GOP. They still don't understand why they lost a winnable election in 2012.

I hate to speculate on Hillary's future. Two years is a long time in politics. In four years Obama went from being a complete unknown to beating a popular First Lady in the primaries, and becoming the first black POTUS. For all we know Hillary will decide not to run in 2016.

I hate to speculate on Hillary's future. Two years is a long time in politics. In four years Obama went from being a complete unknown to beating a popular First Lady in the primaries, and becoming the first black POTUS. For all we know Hillary will decide not to run in 2016.

I agree: for all we know, she may not choose to run. I do wonder who would be potential, viable candidates on either side, other than Mrs. Clinton. I would have voted for Mrs. Clinton in the general election, had she been the party candidate. I think the mistake people made in voting for Obama was his lack of experience with national and international politics.

Last edited:
At this point in time is the money involved to promote a candidate or sell media content?

There is no doubt Hillary has an effective fund raising apparatus at her fingertips. It is also apparent that she is a known figure in American politics. So she doesn't need either exposure or a huge campaign war chest in January of 2014.

But media outlets need to put product in the store window, as it were. And Mrs. Clinton is a salable commodity.

I don't think she or her minions are responsible for planting stories about her impending candidacy today.

The developing technology for propagandizing today would have thrilled the British in WWI (where they became masters of the tool) and the Nazis in WWII.

S/he who controls the "word" will have tremendous impact on the outcome of the presidential election of 2016.

Let's see how HRC responds to the media and how her craft masters shape it to her advantage.

I think the problem is, Hillary is the only Democrat who is polling well at this time.

The obvious thing people point to was that Obama came out of nowhere and swiped the nomination right out from under her.

Clearly, Hillary has people who've hated her for decades. They are making Chris Stevens into the new Vince Foster, but they will get just about as far- which is to say, nowhere.

I still think the GOP's biggest problem is the GOP. They still don't understand why they lost a winnable election in 2012.

I just don't understand Republicans

Hillary has been on the political scene for 20 years. Her act has gone stale and she jumped the shark quite a while ago. She is electable, but far from inspiring. Run a candidate who looks fresh, new ideas, a real compassionate conservative. Beat Hillary on the contrast

But, no

The Republicans insist on being Republicans. Overplay your hand once again. Trot out a four year old Benghazi story that nobody cared about at the time. Turn Hillary into a victim of an obvious witch hunt. See how that works

Basically..yeah.

And they haven't changed.

There mantra is still "vote for us because you hate the other guy".

And what do they do?

Obstruct.

Not a winning combination.

Americans want people to work. Not stop work.

Basically..yeah.

And what do they do?

Obstruct.

There is a 'civil war' within the GOP. The far right insurgency is still trying to wrest control from the mainstream, moderate Republicans. Primaries is their weapon of choice. The Tea Party types know that the zealous vote in primaries and the majority of voters ignore them waiting for November. The Tea Party puts radically Conservative candidates on the ballot through primary challenges (Richard Luger we hardly knew ye!) and then, once their newly minted ideologically driven candidates are exposed for what and who they truly are, the mainstream Republican voter walks away frustrated. That leaves the Democrat alone to take the election.

Now you and I can figure this out. But the zealous Conservative is assured by himself and the talking points proffered by the pundits employed to get their minds right that this is a grand idea and a winning approach.

Meanwhile, bright shiny things like Hillary Clinton are waved before the befuddled eyes of the Tea Party types and here in January of 2014, suddenly she becomes the target. Why aren't they wiser? Why haven't they discovered that their strategy has become so transparent? Ideology and political zeal are powerful anesthetics.

I just don't understand Republicans

Hillary has been on the political scene for 20 years. Her act has gone stale and she jumped the shark quite a while ago. She is electable, but far from inspiring. Run a candidate who looks fresh, new ideas, a real compassionate conservative. Beat Hillary on the contrast

But, no

The Republicans insist on being Republicans. Overplay your hand once again. Trot out a four year old Benghazi story that nobody cared about at the time. Turn Hillary into a victim of an obvious witch hunt. See how that works

I think it is a mistake to elect someone who looks 'fresh, new' etc. That's what we thought about Obama, but it could have turned out better had we elected the older and more experienced Mrs. Clinton. It is a mistake to elect as president the new, inexperienced candidate. The best ticket is an older, more experienced candidate with a younger, fresher person as a running mate. Four years of being VP could, should, prepare someone to be a better President. That's what we should have done last time. If only they'd listened to me!!:eusa_pray:

Last edited:
Here's the thing...not one Democrat would change their vote no matter if she was standing out there at Benghazi and firing weapons herself. If she gets the nomination, which she absolutely will IF she runs, then Democrats will vote for her no matter what.
The question is, can she capture enough independent and Republican votes to win?
And THAT - depends on who the Republicans nominate. If it is another idiot who runs on Benghazi-Benghazi-Benghazi then he/she would lose in a landslide to Hillary.
Ben Carson is wisely fading back, I hope he runs. Having said that though, he will be hurt by the rightwing rhetoric he will be forced to engage in to attract $$ from far-right groups.

Yeah, I don't think the Benghazi issue will hurt her. If she decides to run, there will be plenty of media stories positive and negative to post here, but she'll get the nomination regardless. If the Republicans can't find a good candidate-haven't seen one yet-they won't be able to beat her. She's got experience, name recognition, considerable fund raising abilities and none of the scandals they are going to try to dirty her with will stick. Now, if they had a better candidate, she might get a run for her money but who do they have? So yes, she will be in the media, her name sells stories. The media being in a 24 hour cycle will be talking about her until she comes out and says she's not running. If she does run, they'll talk about her even more. They'll analyze every detail and I'm sure the GOP will bring up Benghazi again. It's hers to lose if she decides to run.

Basically..yeah.

And what do they do?

Obstruct.

Are you kidding me its the Dems who demonize the GOP vote for OBAMA because you hate the Rich 1 %er Mitt Romney.
If everyone had a meaningful job it sure will not be because The democrats helped them get it-- its easier to give them food than to teach them how to grow food...

You people have to be kidding--if the hip hop voters do not come out then the Dems will not win.
They came out for the big O as a strong group because he was black and he won the young revolutionary types in college as well as all the blacks...

For Hillary to win she will need to have all this group and the woman vote. Well we think she is a woman but she ain't black...

Oh and if the dems want another 8 years they better find another Black guy and ride the Obama wave, because that is the real reason they won and not because of his promises and policy's..
You really think that the black voters understand prosperity. Only sports figures and entertainers the rest voted for him because of his skin color (so who are most of the racist in the USA?)
Again Hillary is not Black therefore she will lose. (and she is not a hot babe like she was in her 20's.) You know what they say old age is not friendly to white women.

Last edited:
Dead wood, a candidate with nothing positive to offer. A poor track record. Scandals. an expected favorite who failed to even beat obama. a lot of bagage from that ugly campaign battle to overcome. Is this the democrats have to offer? looks to me like your bench is pretty weak

Hillery would have been better off not working for Obama...Now I can see the adds from the parents of those killed in Benghazi slamming Hillery for her response to the warnings sent out by the dead ambassador prior to the terrorist assault "What difference does it make" I can see all those people kept from the public, those who were at Benghazi speaking out in adds against her. I can see adds showing her telling the Egyptian military to hand over power in Egypt to the muslim brotherhood. Hillery was a disaster as Security of State, 0 accomplishments. Not to mention Bill Clinton's so-called charitable foundation racking in 10s of millions of dollars and running at a loss!:eek: because of 10s millions spent on travel and all the crony friends hired on racking in the money. How pathetic these people really are. Hillery is no Obama. She can be attacked and defeated, if she even decides to run.

Dead wood, a candidate with nothing positive to offer. A poor track record. Scandals. an expected favorite who failed to even beat obama. a lot of bagage from that ugly campaign battle to overcome. Is this the democrats have to offer? looks to me like your bench is pretty weak

Looks to me like Tepublicans do not have anyone in her league

Care to name one?

I am pretty much done with discussing politics. This thread is one example why. Both sides just throw darts at each other. Neither side listens. Issues are not logically discussed or debated. Just flame throwing. No use talking to brick walls. I am not going to change your mind and you won't change mine. I will vote and keep my mouth shut.

You people have to be kidding--if the hip hop voters do not come out then the Dems will not win.
They came out for the big O as a strong group because he was black and he won the young revolutionary types in college as well as all the blacks...

For Hillary to win she will need to have all this group and the woman vote. Well we think she is a woman but she ain't black...

Oh and if the dems want another 8 years they better find another Black guy and ride the Obama wave, because that is the real reason they won and not because of his promises and policy's.. You really think that the black voters understand prosperity. Only sports figures and entertainers the rest voted for him because of his skin color (so who are most of the racist in the USA?)
Again Hillary is not Black therefore she will lose. (and she is not a hot babe like she was in her 20's.) You know what they say old age is not friendly to white women.

Oh, come on, come on. The reason the Democrats won was because GW Bush's administration was such a massive disaster. Face reality.

Oh yes, and because the Republicans had Sarah Palin on the ticket. Another major disaster.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back