Media claims everything better under Biden

Thanks to a government funding bill Congress passed in December 2022, the program will become permanent. The USDA says the program could potentially reduce the number of children experiencing very low food security by about one-third. More than 21 million kids will benefit once it launches in June.

The problem, though, is that so far, only 35 states, five U.S. territories, and four tribes plan to participate.

15 Republican governors have said that they will turn down federal money to feed low-income children.

Some have given reasons, dumb as they may sound. Like Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, who said she saw no need for the extra money for hungry kids “when childhood obesity has become an epidemic.”

“I don’t believe in welfare,” Nebraska Gov. Jim Pillen explained when asked why he rejected the money.
Pillen ultimately changed his mind after Nebraska state Sen. Jen Day, a Democrat, introduced a bill to require participation and found a Republican ally as well as a swell of support from voters in rural areas.

What I don’t understand is why such efforts have not been replicated for the holdout states: Alabama, Alaska, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont and Wyoming.
I can understand why the issue hasn’t been nationalized. Much of the mainstream news is managed by detached rich people who could care less about the poor when stoking viewers’ fears about crime is better for business. But that means it is incumbent on Democrats to make it an issue.
The program did not exist until covid. Covid is no longer affecting children recieving nutrition at school. Children were not starving before covid. Why do we still have the program?

The program did not exist until covid. Covid is no longer affecting children recieving nutrition at school. Children were not starving before covid. Why do we still have the program?
We still have poverty. And with inflation, people are really really fucked. Poor people the most.

Key factors: crime, government deficit, unemployment, GDP growth, inflation, nonadjudicated immigration.
Time period: 2020, 2024.

So which is worse, which is better?

Well then perhaps the dems shouldn't have passed that "last" stimulus that fueled INFLATION and probably doomed us to trump, again.
Inflation is over. Prices to the producers have come down. They just haven't lowered their prices.

You know who can stop this? You. Stop buying regardless of the price. Then you'll see the prices come down.

Then the price won't come down if you won't stop buying. You'll just not save enough to retire and go into debt. I can't help losers. There are winners (me and Trump and Gore) and then there's losers like you.

You're no economic wizard. You're just laughable

Hint: "stop buying food!"

Do you even understand?

You're no economic wizard. You're just laughable

Hint: "stop buying food!"

Do you even understand?
No they dont!
My house insurance has doubled- my property taxes- my electric bill!! All this foolishness is liberals- trying to. * save face*
unless they have the honesty to want to live in this new America- i'm OUT

I think what I said answered your question.
No it didn't.
No they dont!
My house insurance has doubled
A local issue that has nothing to do with the Federal election.

- my property taxes

- my electric bill!!

All this foolishness is liberals- trying to. * save face*
You seem pretty foolish with your responses so far.

unless they have the honesty to want to live in this new America- i'm OUT
Please leave then.

So I guess I will answer:
Federal Deficit is lower. It needs to be much lower than it is, but it is lower.

GDP growth is higher

Unemployment rate is lower

Inflation is ~.5% worse.

Crime is lower

Illegal immigration is higher

So from this on every economic statistic we are better now than under Trump. On immigration we are worse off.

Forum List

Back