Measuring success in Afghanistan withdrawal

We clearly don’t know each other even digitally from this board. I’ve been critical of Biden for several issues. He ain’t perfect and was my 5th pick of the democrats. However this operation was gutsy. The easy thing was claiming we’d get out then leaving office.
"Gutsy"?!!! laughable...His decision appears to have been a purely political one...He wanted a withdrawl to take place on 9/11 for the "optics" for Christ sake....He put pressure on the Afghan gov to improve the "optics"!

This wasn't gutsy, it was rammed through to try and make him look good, and as usual when things like this are pushed they fail, and in a big way...

POLL: 70% Of Americans Disapprove Of Biden’s Handling Of Military Operations In Afghanistan​

Oh there is proof out there, only you have to employ just the slightest bit of common sense to the problem...

On August 17th Jen Psaki told reporters that 11,000 people had "self reported" to the State Department that they were American citizens and in need of extraction out of the country...

Now, here is where the common sense takes hold, or at least should if your argument is honest.

If on August 17th, the WH was saying that there were 11,000 were reported in country and in need of extraction, then on August 31st the President comes out in his victory lap and lauds that our forces extracted 5,500 American citizens, BUT, all of the sudden only 100 to 200 remain? That simply doesn't add up. They're lying because they don't know, and why don't they know? Because they wrote them off....

Shameful.
Three hours and nothing from Faun....I wonder why....?

Could it be that when faced with facts his argument disappears faster than the Tornado's in Twister?

Could it be that when faced with facts his argument disappears faster than the Tornado's in Twister?

Maybe Faun has gone to a Labor Day cook out.

"Gutsy"?!!! laughable...His decision appears to have been a purely political one...He wanted a withdrawl to take place on 9/11 for the "optics" for Christ sake....He put pressure on the Afghan gov to improve the "optics"!

This wasn't gutsy, it was rammed through to try and make him look good, and as usual when things like this are pushed they fail, and in a big way...

POLL: 70% Of Americans Disapprove Of Biden’s Handling Of Military Operations In Afghanistan​

You’re making shit up.

You’re making shit up.
No, I wish I weren't....See, here's where I come a little too close to the truth that you know deep down, so I suppose from here on out you'll detach, resort to childish insult, and tell yourself that you're the greatest....

What a joke, Biden's wish to end this on 9/11 for the photo op, are as transparent as anything I've seen in my lifetime....

No, I wish I weren't....See, here's where I come a little too close to the truth that you know deep down, so I suppose from here on out you'll detach, resort to childish insult, and tell yourself that you're the greatest....

What a joke, Biden's wish to end this on 9/11 for the photo op, are as transparent as anything I've seen in my lifetime....
No kidding, why else would he have made the date to end on 9/11. No other reason other than to give himself a pat on the back. Well he screwed that up.

Link

Simple, Biden is a politician and all Politicians lie, so not all that stayed wanted to, and Biden left them behind and got Military people killed while at it…

Imagine had Trump did it and how you would agree Trump failed!
^^^ another bullshit answer. Just saying it's a lie because all politicians lie does not prove that was a lie.

Oh there is proof out there, only you have to employ just the slightest bit of common sense to the problem...

On August 17th Jen Psaki told reporters that 11,000 people had "self reported" to the State Department that they were American citizens and in need of extraction out of the country...

Now, here is where the common sense takes hold, or at least should if your argument is honest.

If on August 17th, the WH was saying that there were 11,000 were reported in country and in need of extraction, then on August 31st the President comes out in his victory lap and lauds that our forces extracted 5,500 American citizens, BUT, all of the sudden only 100 to 200 remain? That simply doesn't add up. They're lying because they don't know, and why don't they know? Because they wrote them off....

Shameful.
That figure of 11,000 was erroneous. They can only go by the F-77 but many Americans don't de-register when they leave Afghanistan, so the exact number isn't known.

But a week later, on Aug. 25, Blinken told reporters, “Based on our analysis, starting on Aug. 14, when our evacuation operations began, there was then a population of as many as 6,000 American citizens in Afghanistan who wanted to leave.” Over the previous 10 days, he said, about 4,500 of those people and their immediate family members were safely evacuated.

[...]

Jake Sullivan, Biden’s national security adviser, explained on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Aug. 22, that “when people come to Afghanistan who are American citizens, we ask them to register with the U.S. embassy. Many leave and never de-register. Or others come and choose not to register in the first place.

more...

Wonder no more... it's because you're just not that important to me.

That figure of 11,000 was erroneous. They can only go by the F-77 but many Americans don't de-register when they leave Afghanistan, so the exact number isn't known.

But a week later, on Aug. 25, Blinken told reporters, “Based on our analysis, starting on Aug. 14, when our evacuation operations began, there was then a population of as many as 6,000 American citizens in Afghanistan who wanted to leave.” Over the previous 10 days, he said, about 4,500 of those people and their immediate family members were safely evacuated.
[...]
Jake Sullivan, Biden’s national security adviser, explained on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Aug. 22, that “when people come to Afghanistan who are American citizens, we ask them to register with the U.S. embassy. Many leave and never de-register. Or others come and choose not to register in the first place.
Lol…that number came from Jen Psaki, ie; The White House you idiot.

Lol…yeah that’s why you reply to my postings…sure…
I reply when I feel like it, if I feel like it. You really shouldn't sit around like that, waiting for me to reply to you.

Well, let’s see…August 17 Psaki says 11,000. 14 days later Biden says they rescued 5,500, and only 100 or 200 are left…

1. why was anyone “left”?

2. Math is not their strong suit.
And the number was revised; though possibly closer to the actual number but probably still not accurate. Again, not everyone registers and de-registers, so the actual number is not known. As far as why anyone was left, that's also unknown. Could be they wanted to leave but couldn't get to the airport. Could be they didn't want to leave. I would think most left before May of this year since that was the expected end date according to Trump's plan. Many may have stayed longer because Biden extended that date. That's on Biden, he shouldn't have done that.

Here's information from years ago which is applicable to this situation...

The State Department, in extreme situations, provides assistance to U.S. citizens evacuating a location in crisis. However, questions have been raised regarding the reliability of DOS estimates of potential U.S. citizen evacuees in each country, an annual process that produces what is known as an “F-77” report. A number of factors make accurate accounting challenging (no requirement for registration in the STEP program, dual nationality, etc.). Some have suggested that the potential inaccuracy of such estimates could hamper evacuation planning.

more...

And the number was revised; though possibly closer to the actual number but probably still not accurate. Again, not everyone registers and de-registers, so the actual number is not known. As far as why anyone was left, that's also unknown. Could be they wanted to leave but couldn't get to the airport. Could be they didn't want to leave. I would think most left before May of this year since that was the expected end date according to Trump's plan. Many may have stayed longer because Biden extended that date. That's on Biden, he shouldn't have done that.

Here's information from years ago which is applicable to this situation...

The State Department, in extreme situations, provides assistance to U.S. citizens evacuating a location in crisis. However, questions have been raised regarding the reliability of DOS estimates of potential U.S. citizen evacuees in each country, an annual process that produces what is known as an “F-77” report. A number of factors make accurate accounting challenging (no requirement for registration in the STEP program, dual nationality, etc.). Some have suggested that the potential inaccuracy of such estimates could hamper evacuation planning.
Yeah, well I don’t believe the “revision”…Bottom line is that Biden abandoned American citizens. Period.

Thats a blunder that he will rightfully be bludgeoned for in the future elections.

Add that to his other blunders on the border, economy, and energy sector, and it will prove to be Democrats downfall, and much deserved.

Forum List

Back