Measuring success in Afghanistan withdrawal

A successful withdrawal of Afghanistan will be if every American soldier and civil service worker gets out alive. How else will you measure success?

The Taliban has our guns, weapons, vehicles. Even IF we get every American and ally out....there's that.

This is an epic catastrophe. If you're not getting it yet, turn over to Morning Joe and witness their long faces. They're not even trying.

Success is when a withdrawal happens and there is no chaos. Trump took the US troop level from 50,000 to 2,500 and it went smoothly.
So why didn't Xiden take the last 2,500 out by May 1st along with the embassy staff?
Last month Xiden said the AFG army would defeat the Taliban, so did Milley.
We don't have everyone out of AFG yet, so don't count your chickens...

The Taliban has our guns, weapons, vehicles. Even IF we get every American and ally out....there's that.

This is an epic catastrophe. If you're not getting it yet, turn over to Morning Joe and witness their long faces. They're not even trying.
I saw that on morning joe, their scroll was "catastrophe" in AFG. I was surprised they didn't put more of a positive spin on it.

I don't disagree re: leaving Afghanistan. Leaving THE WAY we did is the issue. I have said this many times and heard it repeated many more.
I agree with you. The way we left was an absolute disaster. We should have left in December not August. I think however no matter how or when we would have withdrawn, the Taliban still would have overrun the Country in months, if not, days.

I agree with you. The way we left was an absolute disaster. We should have left in December not August. I think however no matter how or when we would have withdrawn, the Taliban still have overrun the Country in months, if not, days.

That might be, and in the case of: we got our people and our allies and our equipment out, and THEN the Afghans ceded to the Taliban--so be it.

But that was far, far from what happened.

There were no details at all. You provided nothing of what you would have done different, other than saying it would be different. I think you're all talk and no substance, Sue.

I think we funnel billions and billions of dollars to the Pentagon to figure out these details. That's first. Second, I think it's pathetic that you're attempting to be Biden's lackey. Third, I highly suspect you're not even American.

So rly

Screenshot_20210817-060922_Chrome.jpg

Forum List

Back