Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

It's a problem for real, but its not vaccine that cause them. Vaccines have been given to kids for year without problems of vaccine. It's likely other factors involved like the environment, the foods we eat, etc.

the number of vaccinations given has raised dramatically over the years

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

It's a problem for real, but its not vaccine that cause them. Vaccines have been given to kids for year without problems of vaccine. It's likely other factors involved like the environment, the foods we eat, etc.

Bullshit. You are claiming that a mother does not know what her child was like prior to those vaccines. You ignore the fact that prior to the shots her children were not autistic. You and your cohorts are nothing more than bought and paid for shills.

btw, did you know that there was no autism in China until we sent our vaccines there?

Many people have apparently accepted this passing comment by RFK Jr. as gospel, but where is the evidence to back it up?

The rise in autuism rates coincides with the rise in the right wingers power.

I am not saying why, just that is is a fact.
Draw your own conclusions.

Why would Bush want to cover for the vaccine makers. He got them to be exempt from product liability. Remember?

Oh, boy, here come the conspiracy mongers.

Public policy decisions are a rather poor substitute for scientific evidence, especially coming from the Bush administration. ;)

conspiracy mongers ?..do you have a clue how many time pharmaceutical companies have been caught knowingly falsifying so called scientific research the billions paid out in settlements..for decades they denied the link between anti depressants and suicide now thanks to conspiracy mongers it is on ever label

No, the warnings on antidepressants are included thanks to scientific evidence confirming cause and effect.

Antidepressants a Suicide Risk for Young Adults - washingtonpost.com

For people who are not logically and scientifically challenged, the evidence is quite clear the autism/vaccine scare traces back to a hoax perpetrated by Andrew Wakefield.

Callous, unethical and dishonest: Dr Andrew Wakefield - Times Online

Now, where is your proof the US government is accepting falsified studies in regards to the link between autism and vaccines?

The rise in autuism rates coincides with the rise in the right wingers power.

I am not saying why, just that is is a fact.
Draw your own conclusions.

A perfect illustration of the inherent dangers in mixing circumstantial evidence with an agenda. ;)

The govt is the one responsible for vacine product liability now.
What stance do you think they will take?

I am not saying that vaccines cause autism just making a statement based on empirical evidence on our govt.

Too funny. NPR reports on a measle outbreak in Canada and guess who just one of their partners is?

FROM OUR PARTNER KNH KAISER HEALTH NEWS
* Flexible Spending Accounts Getting Slightly Less Flexible
* Some Democrats Facing Resistance At Home - From Both Sides - For Health Reform Votes
* Preventive Care, Illegal Immigrants And Other Health Law Notes

Get ready for another public coffer stripping brought to you buy our dear pharmaceutical companies of the USSA.

Oh, boy, here come the conspiracy mongers.

Public policy decisions are a rather poor substitute for scientific evidence, especially coming from the Bush administration. ;)

conspiracy mongers ?..do you have a clue how many time pharmaceutical companies have been caught knowingly falsifying so called scientific research the billions paid out in settlements..for decades they denied the link between anti depressants and suicide now thanks to conspiracy mongers it is on ever label

No, the warnings on antidepressants are included thanks to scientific evidence confirming cause and effect.

For people who are not logically and scientifically challenged, the evidence is quite clear the autism/vaccine scare traces back to a hoax perpetrated by Andrew Wakefield.

Now, where is your proof the US government is accepting falsified studies in regards to the link between autism and vaccines?

When Drug Companies Hide Data
Eliot Spitzer, New York's attorney general, has a knack for terrifying industries that need to be disciplined. Fresh from his sallies against improper mutual fund trading and brokerage houses that tout stocks they know to be junk, Mr. Spitzer has now taken on pharmaceutical companies that suppress data showing their drugs to be useless or possibly even dangerous. Whatever the legal outcome of his first case in this area, Mr. Spitzer has identified a problem that needs to be fixed if doctors and patients are to make the best medical decisions.

The attorney general's civil suit accuses the drug giant GlaxoSmithKline of committing fraud by concealing negative information about Paxil, a drug used to treat depression. The suit says that the company conducted five clinical trials of Paxil in adolescents and children, yet published only one study whose mixed results it deemed positive. The company sat on two major studies for up to four years, although the results of one were divulged by a whistle-blower at a medical conference in 1999 and all of the studies were submitted to the Food and Drug Administration in 2002 when the company sought approval for new uses of Paxil. At that time it became apparent that Paxil was no more effective than a placebo in treating adolescent depression and might even provoke suicidal thoughts.

It is outrageous that any company should have the power to mislead doctors and their patients by stressing only positive results and hiding negative findings.When Drug Companies Hide Data - Editorial - NYTimes.com

Source: New York Times
Date: 16 April 2004
Expert Kept From Speaking
at Antidepressant Hearing
By GARDINER HARRIS

Top Food and Drug Administration officials admitted yesterday that they barred the agency's top expert from testifying at a public hearing about his conclusion that antidepressants cause children to become suicidal because they viewed his findings as alarmist and premature.

Suing a drug company is your only way as an individual citizen of protecting yourself against drug company malfeasance. It's the only way for you or your survivors to get justice or compensation if you have been injured or killed by drug company negligence. It should be a basic right under the law, and right now it is; but the FDA and the drug companies are on the verge of taking it away from you.

Without the right to sue pharmaceutical companies, not only will individuals fail to obtain justice, sealed company data about the harmful effects of drug will remain secret

Dr. Peter Breggin: The FDA Wants to Stop You from Protecting Yourself Against Drug Companies

Last edited:

When Drug Companies Hide Data
Eliot Spitzer, New York's attorney general, has a knack for terrifying industries that need to be disciplined. Fresh from his sallies against improper mutual fund trading and brokerage houses that tout stocks they know to be junk, Mr. Spitzer has now taken on pharmaceutical companies that suppress data showing their drugs to be useless or possibly even dangerous. Whatever the legal outcome of his first case in this area, Mr. Spitzer has identified a problem that needs to be fixed if doctors and patients are to make the best medical decisions.

The attorney general's civil suit accuses the drug giant GlaxoSmithKline of committing fraud by concealing negative information about Paxil, a drug used to treat depression. The suit says that the company conducted five clinical trials of Paxil in adolescents and children, yet published only one study whose mixed results it deemed positive. The company sat on two major studies for up to four years, although the results of one were divulged by a whistle-blower at a medical conference in 1999 and all of the studies were submitted to the Food and Drug Administration in 2002 when the company sought approval for new uses of Paxil. At that time it became apparent that Paxil was no more effective than a placebo in treating adolescent depression and might even provoke suicidal thoughts.

It is outrageous that any company should have the power to mislead doctors and their patients by stressing only positive results and hiding negative findings.When Drug Companies Hide Data - Editorial - NYTimes.com

Source: New York Times
Date: 16 April 2004
Expert Kept From Speaking
at Antidepressant Hearing
By GARDINER HARRIS

Top Food and Drug Administration officials admitted yesterday that they barred the agency's top expert from testifying at a public hearing about his conclusion that antidepressants cause children to become suicidal because they viewed his findings as alarmist and premature.

Suing a drug company is your only way as an individual citizen of protecting yourself against drug company malfeasance. It's the only way for you or your survivors to get justice or compensation if you have been injured or killed by drug company negligence. It should be a basic right under the law, and right now it is; but the FDA and the drug companies are on the verge of taking it away from you.

Without the right to sue pharmaceutical companies, not only will individuals fail to obtain justice, sealed company data about the harmful effects of drug will remain secret

Dr. Peter Breggin: The FDA Wants to Stop You from Protecting Yourself Against Drug Companies
Food giants also want to limit their liability through legislation. HR 875

you people are too much sometimes

David KirbyAuthor/Journalist
Posted: February 25, 2008 12:42 PM BIO Become a Fan Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index
Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What?

After years of insisting there is no evidence to link vaccines with the onset of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), the US government has quietly conceded a vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims.

The unprecedented concession was filed on November 9, and sealed to protect the plaintiff's identify. It was obtained through individuals unrelated to the case.

The claim, one of 4,900 autism cases currently pending in Federal "Vaccine Court," was conceded by US Assistant Attorney
David Kirby: Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What?

From your link.

In its written concession, the government said the child had a pre-existing mitochondrial disorder that was "aggravated" by her shots, and which ultimately resulted in an ASD diagnosis.

The simple truth of the matter is vaccines do not trigger autism in normal, healthy children.

yeah, and cigarettes don't trigger lung cancer in normal healthy adults.

There's nothing a vaccine can do that a good "prayer" can't do better.

Vaccines don't do anything real. Because we all know, evolution is a lie.

So, conservatives should just stop giving their children vaccines, just to be on the safe side. Since evolution is a lie those vaccines won't do any good anyway.

RETARD ALERT. Retard Alert.

Bullshit. You are claiming that a mother does not know what her child was like prior to those vaccines. You ignore the fact that prior to the shots her children were not autistic. You and your cohorts are nothing more than bought and paid for shills.

Sorry scientific idiot, correlation does not equate to causation. Being a mother doesn't suddenly make you a medical doctor and scientific expert.

Facts show that its not vaccine that is the cause of autism

Sorry scientific idiot, correlation does not equate to causation. Being a mother doesn't suddenly make you a medical doctor and scientific expert.

Depends on the facts you are looking at, why add a rider to the Patriot Act protecting Ely Lilly from being sued for causing autism if they didn't cause autism?

We never used to give infants the number of vaccines we give them today. And as I said, the higher ups don't get their kids vaccinated until they turn 3, and then it's one at a time. Oh, and btw, they don't tell you that, unless you specifically ask them in a private conversation.

As for mother being a medical expert, no one knows their child better. The first time I mentioned that I thought my oldest had Asperger's Syndrome, the school psychologist gave me all the reasons why he didn.t Then the psychiatrist the school sent me to, when I mentioned it, again gave me all the reasons why he didn't have it. Then, a couple of years later I took him to a private psychiatrist and didn't mention a thing...guess what he was diagnosed with, yeah Asperger's Syndrome.

My youngest, the one with the most severe autism, wasn't diagnosed with actual autism until he was 8. Seems even neurologists don't want to listen to the moms. Funny, the same neurologist diagnosed him with DDD at 5, then just casually mentioned that he had autism 3 years later. I called him on it. He didn't recall me ever saying any such thing.

Of course an expert on autism that I heard speak at a seminar said that DDD was the diagonses doctors used for autism when they didn't want to panic the parents.

Now, my family doctor that we've had since before either of the kids were born not only listens to me, he gave me tons of information on autism from the medical website that I wouldn't normally have access to and then he basically said to me "If you need any help....oh never mind, you'll understand it."

My doctor recognizes that I'm not stupid and that being a mom, I'm better able to diagnose my son than anybody else. I took my oldest off of his meds when he developed a facial tick. I had discovered that particular medication could cause torrets. My doctor told me I was wrong, then called me up the next day to say he spoke with a pediatric neurologist and I was right.

See when my kids first stated having problems I started getting involved. I even joined PAVE (parents are vital in education) and served as a community liaison for awhile helping other parents deal with the public school system. Unfortunately I was better at helping them than I was my own kids. I fought for years for our district to put in the TEACH system for autistic kids, you know when they finally did it? Yeah, when my youngest was in tenth grade. Kind of stupid at that point, don't ya think? All those reasons for not doing it went away when the number of autistic kids in the school district increased with our population explosion.

I have a book on neurobiological disorders in children and adolescents. That was actually used as a textbook for the medical students at the UW. I found out about it at a seminar for autism and had to order it from the UW bookstore. My son's dentist saw me reading it and ordered his own copy.

Now as for the vaccines...I used to think they didn't cause autism either, my doctor still swears they don't, but I can't think of any other reason for that rider on the patriot act that was put there by a senator who immediately retired. Seems they knew what the fallout would be and picked him specifically so that no other senator would lose their job over it.

I still do not think they are the only cause, anymore than smoking is the only cause for cancer. I do however, think the vaccines are to autism what cigarettes are to lung cancer.

Depends on the facts you are looking at, why add a rider to the Patriot Act protecting Ely Lilly from being sued for causing autism if they didn't cause autism?

We never used to give infants the number of vaccines we give them today. And as I said, the higher ups don't get their kids vaccinated until they turn 3, and then it's one at a time. Oh, and btw, they don't tell you that, unless you specifically ask them in a private conversation.

As for mother being a medical expert, no one knows their child better. The first time I mentioned that I thought my oldest had Asperger's Syndrome, the school psychologist gave me all the reasons why he didn.t Then the psychiatrist the school sent me to, when I mentioned it, again gave me all the reasons why he didn't have it. Then, a couple of years later I took him to a private psychiatrist and didn't mention a thing...guess what he was diagnosed with, yeah Asperger's Syndrome.

My youngest, the one with the most severe autism, wasn't diagnosed with actual autism until he was 8. Seems even neurologists don't want to listen to the moms. Funny, the same neurologist diagnosed him with DDD at 5, then just casually mentioned that he had autism 3 years later. I called him on it. He didn't recall me ever saying any such thing.

Of course an expert on autism that I heard speak at a seminar said that DDD was the diagonses doctors used for autism when they didn't want to panic the parents.

Now, my family doctor that we've had since before either of the kids were born not only listens to me, he gave me tons of information on autism from the medical website that I wouldn't normally have access to and then he basically said to me "If you need any help....oh never mind, you'll understand it."

My doctor recognizes that I'm not stupid and that being a mom, I'm better able to diagnose my son than anybody else. I took my oldest off of his meds when he developed a facial tick. I had discovered that particular medication could cause torrets. My doctor told me I was wrong, then called me up the next day to say he spoke with a pediatric neurologist and I was right.

See when my kids first stated having problems I started getting involved. I even joined PAVE (parents are vital in education) and served as a community liaison for awhile helping other parents deal with the public school system. Unfortunately I was better at helping them than I was my own kids. I fought for years for our district to put in the TEACH system for autistic kids, you know when they finally did it? Yeah, when my youngest was in tenth grade. Kind of stupid at that point, don't ya think? All those reasons for not doing it went away when the number of autistic kids in the school district increased with our population explosion.

I have a book on neurobiological disorders in children and adolescents. That was actually used as a textbook for the medical students at the UW. I found out about it at a seminar for autism and had to order it from the UW bookstore. My son's dentist saw me reading it and ordered his own copy.

Now as for the vaccines...I used to think they didn't cause autism either, my doctor still swears they don't, but I can't think of any other reason for that rider on the patriot act that was put there by a senator who immediately retired. Seems they knew what the fallout would be and picked him specifically so that no other senator would lose their job over it.

I still do not think they are the only cause, anymore than smoking is the only cause for cancer. I do however, think the vaccines are to autism what cigarettes are to lung cancer.

Why? because regardless of all the scientific evidence, court rulings, etc that show that vaccine is not the cause of autism, you still get people claiming that it is and continue to sue them, based solely on observation and lack of knowledge of science. THe vaccines may trigger the defect, but its not the cause. And an argument like rodishi made of "the mother had witnessed their child change" is not scientific explanation. Sure they know their kid, but they don't know the science behind it. That's not a scientific answer, that's falsely claiming correlation does not cause causation. Studies confirm otherwise, and its not conspiracy theories, the studies are done by independent academic researchers

And your argument "I can't see why they protected them if it didn't cause autism" is yet another poor argument for vaccine causing autism.

The cause of autism is not currently known, but I'd be willing to bet it has a lot to do with toxins and stuff in the environment and most likely preservative laced foods that people are eating more these days.

Problem is, prior to vaccine, many children died in childhood from the diseases we vaccinate against. Many people are alive today thanks to vaccinations, which have been going on for decades without rises in autism.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back