Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears

More kids are being diagnosed with it. The numbers that actually have it aren't increasing...drs are just more aware of it.

Nonsense....the increase is too great to be a matter of misdiagnosing or even diagnosing other disorders as autism. 1 in 25,000 vs 1 in 150......that's a pretty big jump for being simply a matter of diagnoses.

btw, did you know that there was no autism in China until we sent our vaccines there?

Yes unfortunately conservatism is taking hold in China as well.

More kids are being diagnosed with it. The numbers that actually have it aren't increasing...drs are just more aware of it.

Nonsense....the increase is too great to be a matter of misdiagnosing or even diagnosing other disorders as autism. 1 in 25,000 vs 1 in 150......that's a pretty big jump for being simply a matter of diagnoses.

btw, did you know that there was no autism in China until we sent our vaccines there?

I don't believe that.
I do believe it wasn't diagnosed in China until recently. It wasn't diagnosed much in the US until recently.
I have dealt with people with autism, btw.

you people are too much sometimes

David KirbyAuthor/Journalist
Posted: February 25, 2008 12:42 PM BIO Become a Fan Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index
Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What?

After years of insisting there is no evidence to link vaccines with the onset of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), the US government has quietly conceded a vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims.

The unprecedented concession was filed on November 9, and sealed to protect the plaintiff's identify. It was obtained through individuals unrelated to the case.

The claim, one of 4,900 autism cases currently pending in Federal "Vaccine Court," was conceded by US Assistant Attorney
David Kirby: Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What?

Bush Asks Court To Seal
MMR Vaccine Records
By Todd Zwillich
11-26-2

WASHINGTON (Reuters Health) - Attorneys for the Bush Administration asked a federal court on Monday to order that documents on hundreds of cases of autism allegedly caused by childhood vaccines be kept from the public.

Department of Justice lawyers asked a special master in the US Court of Federal Claims to seal the documents, arguing that allowing their automatic disclosure would take away the right of federal agencies to decide when and how the material should be released.

Attorneys for the families of hundreds of autistic children charged that the government was trying to keep the information out of civil courts, where juries might be convinced to award large judgments against vaccine manufacturers.

Bush Asks Court To Seal MMR Vaccine Records

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1VTYzLYy4]YouTube - The Cover-Up Ctte Gov Rfrm Investigat-Mercury/Vaccine/Autism[/ame]

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?
Your situation, while unfortunate, isn't proof of correlation to vaccines or any sort of epidemic.

The perceived massive spike in the incidence of autism is a result of reclassification and heightened awareness.

Is the Autism Epidemic a Myth? - TIME

Why would Bush want to cover for the vaccine makers. He got them to be exempt from product liability. Remember?

Posted: February 25, 2008 12:42 PM BIO Become a Fan Get Email Alerts Bloggers' Index

After years of insisting there is no evidence to link vaccines with the onset of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), the US government has quietly conceded a vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims.

The unprecedented concession was filed on November 9, and sealed to protect the plaintiff's identify. It was obtained through individuals unrelated to the case.

The claim, one of 4,900 autism cases currently pending in Federal "Vaccine Court," was conceded by US Assistant Attorney
David Kirby: Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What?

From your link.

In its written concession, the government said the child had a pre-existing mitochondrial disorder that was "aggravated" by her shots, and which ultimately resulted in an ASD diagnosis.

The simple truth of the matter is vaccines do not trigger autism in normal, healthy children.

Why would Bush want to cover for the vaccine makers. He got them to be exempt from product liability. Remember?

Oh, boy, here come the conspiracy mongers.

Public policy decisions are a rather poor substitute for scientific evidence, especially coming from the Bush administration. ;)

Do you mean to say that vaccine makers were not exempted from product liability during the Bush administration?

From your link.

In its written concession, the government said the child had a pre-existing mitochondrial disorder that was "aggravated" by her shots, and which ultimately resulted in an ASD diagnosis.

The simple truth of the matter is vaccines do not trigger autism in normal, healthy children.

they where normal and healthy before the vaccine and would of remained so
and this is only what they concide after endless denial... so far

While there has long been a Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund (VICP) to protect pharmaceutical companies from law suits when their vaccines kill or injure children, the Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005 would make it impossible for anyone to seek compensation or pursue any legal action whatsoever if a drug or vaccine is categorized as a “countermeasure.”

The Homeland Security Act of 2002 provided liability bail-outs for Eli Lilly’s vaccine mercury preservative thimerosal which is contained in every flu vaccine, but this new act gives Big-Pharma the kitchen sink. This unprecedented legislation would establish the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA) which will operate secretly, exempt from the Freedom of Information Act. BARDA would decide which vaccines and drugs are considered “countermeasures.”

The legislation goes so far as to say (in legalese) if death occurs because the “countermeasure” (drug or vaccine) administered was mislabeled you still cannot seek compensation. The Model Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA) failed to implement similar legislation on the state level back in 2002, but many of its important aspects were rolled into the Homeland Security Act.

The only step left for total health tyranny would be to implement a state of emergency. Under the Homeland Security Act, this would give the Secretary of Health and Human Services the power to implement forced vaccinations and drugging with experimental, untested “countermeasures.” Those who refuse forced administration would be subject to incarceration.

CONGRESS SET TO PASS LAW ELIMINATING LIABILITY FOR VACCINE INJURIES

Public policy decisions are a rather poor substitute for scientific evidence, especially coming from the Bush administration. ;)

conspiracy mongers ?..do you have a clue how many time pharmaceutical companies have been caught knowingly falsifying so called scientific research the billions paid out in settlements..for decades they denied the link between anti depressants and suicide now thanks to conspiracy mongers it is on ever label

i can't say i'm surprised. it was only a matter of time.

and when it comes to people's fears about their kids, i think that crosses party lines.

i just know that my kid gets vaccinated. and i hope that people start paying more attention to the fact that vaccines have been excluded as a cause of autism.

by pharmaceutical companys

By several courts around the world actually.

Yup, plus many other studies showing no link.

But people love to keep conspiracy theories going,maddening as a scientist because the public misperception can really harm what could be good industries.

conspiracy mongers ?..do you have a clue how many time pharmaceutical companies have been caught knowingly falsifying so called scientific research the billions paid out in settlements..for decades they denied the link between anti depressants and suicide now thanks to conspiracy mongers it is on ever label

NOt that many compared to how many is out there. Even after courts determined it, scientist found no link (non pharmaceutical companies did this research) and the only supporting paper being showed to be a fraud, yes, conspiracy theory nuts is an accurate description.

It was only a matter of time before these rabid "anti-vax" nutters started putting children besides their own at risk.

Measles Resurgence Tied To Parents' Vaccine Fears : NPR

Of course the anti-vax people are usually the same ones ratcheting up the hysteria on the faux autism "epidemic" as a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anecdotally I've noted the radio ads run by propaganda mills such as Autism Speaks are broadcast by left-leaning stations. Seems that rampant paranoia and mistrust of government are not the sole purvey of the far right fringe.

When my son was first diagnosed with autism, I got hold of an admittedly old book on the subject. It said autism affected 1 in 25,000 people. Today it affects 1 in 166 or 1 in 150, depending on which study you are reading. Considering I have two son's with autism, I think the hysteria is warranted. Personally, I'd rather my son had had measles as a kid than autism his whole life.

I tell people today to wait until their kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. The higher ups in the Autism community, while praising the benefits of vaccines, it turns out, they wait until their own kids are 3 to get them vaccinated. It seems that a 3 year old can better deal with the side effects of the vaccines than an infant.

And what exactly do you mean by "faux" autism epidemic? You telling me my kids don't really have autism? What is it they have?

It's a problem for real, but its not vaccine that cause them. Vaccines have been given to kids for year without problems of vaccine. It's likely other factors involved like the environment, the foods we eat, etc.

NOt that many compared to how many is out there. Even after courts determined it, scientist found no link (non pharmaceutical companies did this research) and the only supporting paper being showed to be a fraud, yes, conspiracy theory nuts is an accurate description.

courts ruled against links to smoking and cancer and heart disease for many years ..so that means nothing and it is now admitted (even though you are in denial still) there is a link but they are claiming only to those with pre-existing suseptabily...so yes idiot in denial is an accurate description for your ilk

Forum List

Back