Common ground, Kaiser

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by RodISHI, Apr 5, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    The new member Chip's post on measles got me to wondering after reading the link at National Public Radio and noticing Kaiser as one of their partners.

My daughter was born at Kaiser hospital. The husband's aunt was a nurse there and the yhe worked at Kaiser Steel so of course I was covered at Kaiser hospital when the daughter was born. Sadly though my grandpa was not. He and grandma lived just a few blocks away from the Kaiser Hospital. Grandpa was hit by a car while he was crossing the road. The driver was going 63 miles and hour in a 35 mph zone. The ambulance rushed him to the nearest hospital. That hospital was Kaiser. They refused to take care of him. Can you imagine a 76 year old man hit by a car going 63 mph and a hospital refused to provide him emergency care. That was a few months before his first great grand daughter was born. He was transported to Loma Linda hospital. That extra time could have made the difference for him but we'll never know. He passed a week later. I had some misgivings about going there for my daughter's birth but I was young and we did not have any other real options at the time. Besides the husband's aunt worked there and my doctor after all did treat me very well. Nurses from throughout the hospital came to look at my daughter the day she was born each one told me she was the most beautiful baby they had ever seen.

A few years later Kaiser Steel shut down and the hospital went public and started selling services. It was no longer just for Kaiser employees as there was no longer a Kaiser Steel. The whole thought of Kaiser brought this back in my mind. I decided to do a search and see if anyone else had lost a loved one at Kaiser hospital due to negligence. While I was searching through CDC vaccine research records I had found where Pfizer uses Kaiser for a lot of their studies. It makes sense that they would since Kaiser also accepts medicaid. They would have a host of babies from poor families to study on. It sickens me to read that hundreds of these children have died within a year of these initial vaccines & studies but that is just me. It may not matter to other people.

Here are a few of the people that have died at Kaiser and their family members told their stories online.

Many stories at this site

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    More information on Kaiser.

Kaiser Permanente at AllExperts

I found this interesting if Nixon helped bring in communist biologist to top level labs in this country.

This part is interesting seeing NPR has that recent article on a so called measles outbreak because parents are said to be declining vaccines more often.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010