McNabb to Redskins for draft picks

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Wow. Just wow.

I didn't think McNabb was worth a 1. I didn't think he was worth a 2, considering he is a free agent next year and he's 32 years old. A 3, maybe.

I'm amazed that he was traded within the division.

Jason Campbell Excited To Have Donovan McNabb Backing Him Up

WASHINGTON, DC--Redskins starting quarterback Jason Campbell said he is “thrilled” to have former Eagles QB Donovan McNabb backing him up this year after the 'Skins acquired McNabb on Sunday night from the Eagles.

“I couldn’t be happier to have Donovan on board,” Campbell said in a phone interview on Sunday night. “Depth is so important at the quarterback position nowadays. If you don't have two quality guys on your

roster you’re asking for trouble. I'm glad they made this move now instead of waiting for me to get hurt ”

Campbell dispelled any notions that he would be upset by a trade for one of the league’s premier quarterbacks.

“Why would I be upset?” said Campbell. “We just acquired a great quarterback. That's just going to make us better. What’s that? No, I’m not concerned about job security. Mike Shanahan told me when he took this job that I was his quarterback. I got his word. So I don't even know why we're having this conversation, really. This is weird.”

:rofl:

WASHINGTON, DC--Redskins starting quarterback Jason Campbell said he is “thrilled” to have former Eagles QB Donovan McNabb backing him up this year after the 'Skins acquired McNabb on Sunday night from the Eagles.

“I couldn’t be happier to have Donovan on board,” Campbell said in a phone interview on Sunday night. “Depth is so important at the quarterback position nowadays. If you don't have two quality guys on your

roster you’re asking for trouble. I'm glad they made this move now instead of waiting for me to get hurt ”

Campbell dispelled any notions that he would be upset by a trade for one of the league’s premier quarterbacks.

“Why would I be upset?” said Campbell. “We just acquired a great quarterback. That's just going to make us better. What’s that? No, I’m not concerned about job security. Mike Shanahan told me when he took this job that I was his quarterback. I got his word. So I don't even know why we're having this conversation, really. This is weird.”

I share your sentiment..

The guy can still carry an offense. He's better than Campbell, and will take his place quick if Campbell doesn't perform.

The city of Philadelphia sucks the fucking life out of home athletes. I can admit to this. It's not always a fun place to play. McNabb was possibly the victim of his own overthinking because he couldn't handle the pressure of trying to be the first one to overcome the choke.

There's a plethora of teams who would love to have him start behind center.

This all being said though, the McNabb era is over and it's mainly a feeling of relief based on what I'm seeing from fellow fans. I'm a little more excited about next season now.

All they need now is that dumb ass Dan Sneider to sign T.eam O.bliterator and The Redskins will all of a sudden be predicted to go to the Bowl. LOL!!!!!! I bet Donovan would go for it too. LOL!!!!

Nah, Donovan is near his end. However he's still better than Campbell and he can really help him alot without a doubt. Hardly worth a 1st round pick though! WTF? I don't understand how Mike let that go down. Maybe they could seriously pick up some free agents and make a run with Donovan, I just don't see it happening.

Oh and uh, De'sean Jackson helped Donovan get that 1st round level at his age. Jackson is a stud. I would have liked to have seen Donovan come out here to Frisco and help my childhood team even though I am a Colts fan. ~BH

I share your sentiment..

Wasn't that McNabb's sentiment when the Eagles got Vick?

Eagles got the 37 th pick in 2010 and a third and fourth rounder in 2011.

Works out better than a number 1

Why the hell did they trade him in division? though I would be finally rid of McNAbb, now aI have to watch that jackass play the Giants 2x a year still.

Hopefully Kolb sucks and the eagles suck

Is that an onion article? Campbell sucks:lol:

Still remember McNabb puking in the huddle while trying to lead a playoff comeback. can't handle it

Forum List

Back