McCoy to start for Skins against Colts

Won't help...Skins still lose and probably big time..

I disagree, the Skins, sans RG3, are a very good team. They have an outstanding crop of wide-outs who excel in yards after the catch and the defense, at times, is quite formidable.

Colt doesn't have a great arm - that's a given, but I love this guy and how he moves in the pocket.

Where RG3 was a "stare-down" passer, Colt gets rid of the ball quickly and is much more decisive. He also feels pressure and gets rid of the ball.

RG's main problem is he is shell-shocked from being hammered in the pocket - he is NOT a pocket passer; he is a run and shoot type of guy who is most effective in a MOVING pocket.

Look for the Skins to go after Luck and attempt to hide their depleted corners. Skins are very good when they blitz and they will have too.

Redskins have addressed their awful special teams play and Alfred Morris seems to remember now, how to run the football.

Colts will look sluggish on offense, particularly when running the ball - that's not because of them having an off day, it's because the Skins are almost impossible to run against.

Redskins will win this game 27-17.

I think so too, but McCoy gives them a better chance. RG2 is gone out of DC after this year.
I see you have come over to my line of thinking that mccoy gives them a better chance? welcome aboard.Idiot mick shannahan and daniel snyder are the ones to thank for RG's demise.ever since shannahan didnt give a shit about RG's career wanting to win now instead of the future starting him in that playoff game when he got hurt again while playing hurt,he has never been the same quarterback.He's done as an NFL starter. mccoy has never been given a chance,he deserves one now. like brother like brother,same as john,just dinks and dunks. for mccoy though finally getting an opportunity to be a starter,thats probably the best way to start him out though so this system is good for mccoy.

I think so too, but McCoy gives them a better chance. RG2 is gone out of DC after this year.
I see you have come over to my line of thinking that mccoy gives them a better chance? welcome aboard.Idiot mick shannahan and daniel snyder are the ones to thank for RG's demise.ever since shannahan didnt give a shit about RG's career wanting to win now instead of the future starting him in that playoff game when he got hurt again while playing hurt,he has never been the same quarterback.He's done as an NFL starter. mccoy has never been given a chance,he deserves one now. like brother like brother,same as john,just dinks and dunks. for mccoy though finally getting an opportunity to be a starter,thats probably the best way to start him out though so this system is good for mccoy.

Your line of thinking? Son, you don't install a west coast offense with a scrambling quarterback. Griffin's strength was the option plan, not the dink and dunk west coast style of play. McCoy stands a better, yet very poor, chance of winning because the offensive setup suits him better. Your line of thinking.....:badgrin:

McCoy actually plays like a four year vet. He does a great job of finding the hot receiver and can hook up very well with Jackson down field. Most of Garçon's big caches are when he is hit in stride (something that RG could never do).

I think that the Skins actually had a very good team, but switching back to Griffin cost the Skins a playoff spot.

On a side note, I believe that so long as Trent Williams is fully recovered at LT, that Moses will take over at RT for Compton who has been, thus far, very Tyler Polumbus-like.

Moses played very well at LT, considering that he was drafted to man the RT spot.

Compton will not be ready for some time; maybe never.

Colts are extremely suspect as far as their OL goes. The kind of pass blocking that they utilize, requires consistency. Skins will use corner blizes and confounding combinations in order to be disruptive.

Luck is one cool customer, though. He will make the skins pay for some of their silly, mindless, blunders in the secondary.

Colts do not have a great D and the hard running Morris will leave cleat marks on defenders, on his way to the EZ.

In short, I like this match up for the Skins, but if I'm wrong, I was very drunk when making this prediction.

;)

Not understanding the benching of Griffin.

The Redskins are 3-8, they are going nowhere. You are benching your QB for a QB that isn't the answer or the future.

Play Griffin out the rest of the year and see if you can find him an offense he can work in.

Not understanding the benching of Griffin.

The Redskins are 3-8, they are going nowhere. You are benching your QB for a QB that isn't the answer or the future.

Play Griffin out the rest of the year and see if you can find him an offense he can work in.

I will have to agree, even if I am not a Skins fan. Let him try to learn the system. They are not going anywhere. Could Gruden be a one year coach. Snyder has to be on the edge of his teeny tiny toes....:biggrin:

McCoy actually plays like a four year vet. He does a great job of finding the hot receiver and can hook up very well with Jackson down field. Most of Garçon's big caches are when he is hit in stride (something that RG could never do).

I think that the Skins actually had a very good team, but switching back to Griffin cost the Skins a playoff spot.

Playoff!? Playoff!!!? You got to be kidding. The Skin's problems go much deeper than just the QB.

Playoff!? Playoff!!!? You got to be kidding. The Skin's problems go much deeper than just the QB.

Oh, knock it off already. My head is pounding from my post Skins ass-kicking, hangover..

Remember what I said about Skins forgetting to cover wide outs?

Oy.

All kidding aside, this game from a defensive standpoint, was a statistical anomaly.

We were playing the number one passing offense in the league.

For most of this year, we were a top ten offense and defense.

We are doing something right.

Historically, though, new teams do not score many touchdowns.

Next year, a lot of the bugs will be irioned out.

On a side note, I really hope that Haslet gets the boot at seasons end.

Last edited:

Oh, knock it off already. My head is pounding from my post Skins ass-kicking, hangover..

Remember what I said about Skins forgetting to cover wide outs?

Oy.

All kidding aside, this game from a defensive standpoint, was a statistical anomaly.

We were playing the number one passing offense in the league.

For most of this year, we were a top ten offense and defense.

We are doing something right.

Historically, though, new teams do not score many touchdowns.

Next year, a lot of the bugs will be irioned out.

On a side note, I really hope that Haslet gets the boot at seasons end.

Well, I agree with you on that.

Doing something right? 3-9, what are they doing right?

No piling on. We all have teams that have down years. The Redskins will be back, just not sure when. I honestly believe that if the Cook family still owned the team, they would have won another Super Bowl by now. Snyder is their greatest impediment.

Griffen is playing so horribly, that its an embarrassment.

He is going to suck until the end of the season.

Are sure it will only be the end of this season? With all the money they have invested in him I can't see Washington giving up on him but maybe a trade to recoup some of their investment may be in the future.

Doing something right? 3-9, what are they doing right?

No piling on. We all have teams that have down years. The Redskins will be back, just not sure when. I honestly believe that if the Cook family still owned the team, they would have won another Super Bowl by now. Snyder is their greatest impediment.
I'm not piling on, I want to know what "doing something right" means when you are scrapping a QB for a guy that isn't the solution.

Forum List

Back