McConnell says trump will sign bill....but then will issue National Emergency

Republicans were hawks on Obama's executive orders and I'm sure will be against Trumps as well. Lol who am I kidding, republicans stand for nothing but hypocrisy.

Poor donald wants to be an emperor but cant be because of our constitution. His cult fans would of course ignore the constitution for their god emperor, while calling themselves patriots.

It doesn't matter whether Trump signs the bill or not - because it was passed with veto-proof majorities in both houses.

I think he could veto it. Then the Senate has to over-ride that veto? By 2/3 majority?

It passed in the Senate with 83 votes. That's more than enough to override a veto.

The GOP-controlled Senate easily cleared the bill, which included only about a quarter of the money Trump sought for border barriers, by an 83-16 margin. The Democratic-held House approved the measure comfortably in a 300-128 vote.

Shutdown watch: House and Senate pass border bill, Trump to declare emergency

when the House votes to kill the national emergency, by law it goes to the Senate for a vote.

if the same number of Republicans follow suit his national emergency is DOA.

If it gets to that point, it will 100% depend on how the "national emergency" is playing in Peoria....
If it's seen as a massive abuse of power, the Senate will rule against it.
If it's largely seen as a reasonable response to an intractable Congressional process, they may stay silent.

Republicans were hawks on Obama's executive orders and I'm sure will be against Trumps as well. Lol who am I kidding, republicans stand for nothing but hypocrisy.
You worthless leftist traitors crack me up!

Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Trump said in a tweet on Nov. 20, 2014.

Traitor Trump has a nice ring to it .

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Trump said in a tweet on Nov. 20, 2014.

That's President Trump to you.

It doesn't matter whether Trump signs the bill or not - because it was passed with veto-proof majorities in both houses.

I think he could veto it. Then the Senate has to over-ride that veto? By 2/3 majority?

It passed in the Senate with 83 votes. That's more than enough to override a veto.

The GOP-controlled Senate easily cleared the bill, which included only about a quarter of the money Trump sought for border barriers, by an 83-16 margin. The Democratic-held House approved the measure comfortably in a 300-128 vote.

Shutdown watch: House and Senate pass border bill, Trump to declare emergency

when the House votes to kill the national emergency, by law it goes to the Senate for a vote.

if the same number of Republicans follow suit his national emergency is DOA.

If it gets to that point, it will 100% depend on how the "national emergency" is playing in Peoria....
If it's seen as a massive abuse of power, the Senate will rule against it.
If it's largely seen as a reasonable response to an intractable Congressional process, they may stay silent.

theres been quite a few Republican Senators speaking out against calling an emergency before they passed the bill - but youre right, that was then.

ok

Fuck president Trump

Lets never forget republicans chose trump over others in the primaries, because trump represents republicans the best.

Lets never forget republicans chose trump over others in the primaries, because trump represents republicans the best.
As Hillary (lol) does to you clowns.

ok

Fuck president Trump
Trump is heterosexual.

I doubt he will declare a national emergency.

I think he was making one last threat. I base this on nothing other than the following: He told Mitch McConnell. Why would he tell McConnell that except to make the threat public?

He has No choice...he is in a box....he will call a National Emergency....he needs to passify Limpballs and Hannity....

If I we’re Trump I would tear up the bill. Declare a national emergency. And tell chucky and pootoosie to Jam it up their ass. Build the wall.

Finish the wall.
You can't finish the wall, because it was never started.

Ugh there’s already miles of wall, dummy. It’s the matter of finishing it.
Not Trump's wall - 40'concrete wall.

You assfucks need to quit lying to defend that fat ass piece of shit you elected.

Hey dumb ass, he said finish the wall. Whether if it’s concrete or steel. Even your fake news Jim Acosta showed there’s a wall.

Finish the wall.

Trump said all existing fences were insufficient design.

No Trump 40' concrete wall has been built.

If I we’re Trump I would tear up the bill. Declare a national emergency. And tell chucky and pootoosie to Jam it up their ass. Build the wall.

You would piss on the Consttitution because Trumpettes hate America & prefer a dictatorship run by a conman.

I love the constitution an all it stands for. But I’ll gladly whip out my dick and piss on chucky and polosie.

Forum List

Back