McConnell Cannot Block Witnesses - Just Announced

Hillary will be the nominee.

Hillary now controls the DNC...again.

Warren and Sanders are targeted / out...just wait

Gabbard, who is suing Hillary, was just shut out of the upcoming debate without explanation

Biden will be gone when the Senate calls him & Hunter to testify...and when the GOP makes his confession on videotape a major part of the Impeachment trial

Snowflakes should go ahead and bend over now - why wait until the last minute to prepare for another screwing, like 2016.

You votes mean NOTHING...STFU, sit down, & wait for Hillary & the DNC to tell you who your candidate is!

:p

By saying that witnesses will simply be allowed. McConnell is not going to hold a vote that he will lose. Looks bad for all of them instead of just bad for Trump.

Sure there is going to a vote on whether or not to call witnesses. It's in the Impeachment Trial rules McConnell pushed through on a party-line vote.

The only thing, assuming the vote count doesn't change until then, is whether or not McConnell will get behind the majority calling for witnesses or not.
If that's so then McConnell fucked up very badly.

As I indicated, the vote count is obviously not yet fixed, and McConnell will lean heavily on his caucus to do "the right thing". The first vote on witnesses and documents will be purely procedural, answering whether or not to call any witnesses or request documents. Only when that vote gets a majority in favor, are there going to votes on individual witnesses, and probably wrangling over whether to have testimony or depositions behind closed doors.

Usually, in a bare-knuckle fist-fight in the Senate, I'd bet on McConnell. It's going to be interesting to see whether he can bribe, cajole, or threaten the wayward Senators into submission.

What is also clear is that what Bolton observed (military assistance linked to "investigations"), which was already amply clear after the testimonies in the House Intelligence Committee, was observable by more people in the White House, and there are probably going to be more shoes to drop. In that light, the decision not to hear from the main witness (besides Mulvaney) will be devastating for the Senate. McConnell was blindsided by the Bolton revelation, and he sure won't look forward to shoes raining down on him after he managed to block all witnesses. As I said, it's going to be interesting.

So I’m still wondering...can we call schiff and pelosi and put them under oath?

Gabbard, who is suing Hillary, was just shut out of the upcoming debate without explanation

Biden will be gone when the Senate calls him & Hunter to testify...and when the GOP makes his confession on videotape a major part of the Impeachment trial

Snowflakes should go ahead and bend over now - why wait until the last minute to prepare for another screwing, like 2016.

You votes mean NOTHING...STFU, sit down, & wait for Hillary & the DNC to tell you who your candidate is!

I wouldn't put too much money on that. If Trump was doing a mediocre job, and the economy was barely pulling along, I would 100% agree with you. But given the fact nobody will be able to beat Trump, Hillary is going to stay out of it. She doesn't want to be a three-time loser.

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:
Actually, what he said was he didn't have enough votes yet because a few Republicans haven't yet committed one way or the other. So far there are only two Republicans who have committed to vote with the Democrats.

Dunno. Biden is losing his shit on the trail and Bernie is beating him.

Putin finally got what he was shooting form. Maybe we should put Putin on the Democratic Card. It appears he has more say than the others do.

Na, it will be Bernie until the convention, then the DNC will knee cap him again and give it to Biden to lose.

Hey, it still might be Mayor Pete as long as Maybe Pete can learn to keep is damned mouth shut until then.

Not a chance. He already lost the black vote. For one, blacks are not keen of gays in the first place, especially one that is married to another man. Two, he's had some problems in his district when it comes to blacks.

Last edited:

F847D37D-58DB-4730-882F-071514F3B6AC.jpeg

I think I would like to quote myself here though it was the Senator chose to leak it to their allies the New York Times instead. Do I know the deviousness of liberals or what?

67812DA7-A7E7-4DB0-8FFE-787CBBD77E3E.jpeg

LOL, TRUMP wanted witnesses all along. Republicans are already on record as saying if Bolton testifies then TRUMP's defense can call Hunter. And Now Republicans are saying if Bolton testifies TRUMP's defense should be able to call more the one witness.

The way I see it is Bolton is smart enough to play both sides without providing a "smoking gun".

And there's a 100% chance Hunter will lie about something under oath and complicate things for Biden and the democrats who will have to try and defend the Biden's.

The first thing that the Rump Defense Council will have to do is to prove that the Bidens had anything to do with Rumps decision to attempt the illegal withholding of the funds, hiding it from congress and a few other little tidbits. The one part about obstruction can be thrown out but that last impeachment tidbit can't. And any and all actions by the bidens, obamas, tooth fairy or any other person or persons has nothing to do with those charges. No defense will be necessary since the Bidens are not part of the Impeachment.

That is good news. That means Hunter and Joe will be anxious to get up there.

They won't need to. They can watch it on PBS just like the rest of us.

Except that it will look like a cover up if the democrats throw out an impeachment charge in order to avoid having the Biden's testify.

Donald Trump is a fighter. It's why a lot of people don't like him. Trump knows how skewed the polls are, and he doesn't preside based on polls.

However I was watching Laura last night as I always do, and her claim is that Trump's approval increased during the impeachment proceedings. That would fall in line with the viewership decreasing each day. Nobody really cares. His latest rally is estimated to have over 100K people trying to see him.

Sit back and get comfortable. Trump's not going anywhere for another five years unless he becomes ill or passes away.

There are people coming from 2000 miles to go to his circus act. 100K is not a huge number when you draw from across the nation. He is still running 36% of the Republicans support. So that 100K isn't such a startling number. Now, if he were to draw 100K from the locals alone that would be startling. And then his numbers for his circus act would be in the hundreds of thousands. You want to see what a Million look like? Check out the next Million Woman March on Washington. And their march won't be a freak show as much as Rumps.

You have no idea where those people came from. Do you expect me to believe everything you make up? Yeah, on a work week, people take the time off to go half way across the country to see President Trump.

Are you trying to get me to understand Fanatics? Can't be done.

Fine, then post this source of yours where the claim was made. You are making it all up. You know Trump is popular wherever he goes and people can't wait until the next election.

I don't need to prove it. You are making the claim that Rump is popular wherever he goes and people can't wait until the next election. I will give you that people can't wait for the next election. I know I can't and in some cases, I might barely qualify as people. But the part about how popular Rump is, that you are going to have to prove. And they only way for you to prove that will be Nov 2, 2020.

Absolutely correct. But you made up a story out of thin air. Trump was packing arenas when he campaigned and is still packing them today. You could have a 70% disapproval rating, but that doesn't mean squat if those 70% are not going to vote anyhow. This is called the enthusiasm factor. Those people attending those rallies are not going to let anything stop them from voting. And interviews suggest that nearly or over half of them in some cases are not Republicans. It's quite possible Trump will follow the Reagan legacy of the Reagan Democrats, except they will be the Trump Democrats instead.

So I’m still wondering...can we call schiff and pelosi and put them under oath?

Schiff? Yes. Piglosi? No. She had nothing to do with it.

Sure she did. She could be asked under oath did she decide to impeach trump before seeing or hearing any evidence. Supporting witnesses who may have heard her comments could be called.

In that case, the only possible result would be she not be allowed to vote on impeachment, which of course that's over with already. Questioning her is fruitless. I would rather see Schiff Face, the Whistleblower, and the informant testify. Also I would like to see the 18th witness Schiff hid from us that proves he was in with the whistleblower in this entire plot.

the votes are of senators “present. That’s going to be fun.

The Dems are all for witnesses, unless the witness is one of their own crowd.

Watch them start melting down when it becomes clear Joe & Hunter are heading for the witness stand. Probably a few more on top of that. All of a sudden the argument "if he has nothing to hide, why not testify" won't be so in fashion anymore.

Romney & Collins can not go back to their base giving the Democrats their witnesses, while blocking Trumps. It ain't happening. Only a fool would believe so. This is not a criminal trial. It is a political trial. There are no felonies alleged. If it were a criminal trial, most to the testimony in the House would have been tossed.

That is why I truly believe no witnesses will be called when it is all said and done.

Forum List

Back