McChrystal Says He's Talked With Obama Once Since Taking Afghanistan Command

clearly, you have never been in uniform. The president talks to the Secretary of Defense.... The SECDEF talks to the generals. I don't WANT my president bypassing the chain of command.... clearly, you do.

Really? And you know this how?

Obviously your one of the 69,000,000 fools......:whip:

I assume that you have not been in uniform because you expect the president to violate the chain of command, which someone with any military experience at all would know is inappropriate.

Oh, btw, they are meeting with him today.......:omg: :shock: :disbelief: what made this happen....:redface:

I assume that you have not been in uniform because you expect the president to violate the chain of command, which someone with any military experience at all would know is inappropriate.

Oh, btw, they are meeting with him today.......:omg: :shock: :disbelief: what made this happen....:redface:

I am sure that it is solely because of the convincing nature of your posts here at USMB!

oh...btw...do you think that Gates will be there?

Why avoid the point I made?

Oh.. nevermind... I guess I know why.

Last edited:

maineman, the first three letters of assume spell ass, be careful in using that word.....

The defensive argument that the chain of command is the real issue is bogus, he is POTUS isn't he? A good example of a quality leader is he or she finds out what is really happening on the street, this bullshit about chain of command does not apply to the POTUS, unless he believes he is in the Ivory Tower, which is what this is really all about, he sucks as a military leader, to date all he has done is talk and talk is cheap......don't keep :banghead: it can cause brain damage.....

and you don't think that he can find out what is really happening on the street from discussions with his secretary of defense?

I am sure that it is solely because of the convincing nature of your posts here at USMB!

since he had already had a conference with the general once, how would doing it again be a violation of the chain of command?

since he had already conferenced with the general once, how would doing it again be a violation of the chain of command?

do you think that his secdef was not present when he teleconferenced with the general the first time?

I suppose the stunned nature of the CBS reporter who interviewed McChrystal and the other officers who said they were stunned as well, may have had a bit to do with that. BHO does not like looking bad and the BHO groupies fail at defending a lot of what he does and does not do.

since he had already conferenced with the general once, how would doing it again be a violation of the chain of command?

do you think that his secdef was not present when he teleconferenced with the general the first time?
it doesn't matter
that is a deflection
no one says the secdef shouldn't be there every time

it doesn't matter
that is a deflection

what is wrong with Obama trusting his secdef and simply speaking with him?

:clap2:

Dumb question....

What point would that be? Serving in the military?

You learned not to assume :clap2:

it doesn't matter
that is a deflection

what is wrong with Obama trusting his secdef and simply speaking with him?
whats wrong with including subordinates in the discussion process?
who said anything was wrong with it?

I am merely questioning those who say that including multiple layers of subordinates is REQUIRED of a good leader. It is not. If you have good subordinates, and you trust their input, you do not need to hear from THEIR subordinates as well in order to make good decisions.

Last edited:
or maybe, is someone suggesting that SECDEF Gates, appointed by GW Bush, is NOT a good secretary of defense and that Obama needs to talk to his subordinates (and his subordinate's subordinates) in order to get worthwhile information?

because, if you question ONE level of the chain of command, why not question ALL of them? And if you do, aren't you suggesting that the PFC peeling potatoes has as good, if not better information than the Secretary of Defense? And if that is the case, shouldn't Obama be required to hear from ALL PFC's one-on-one before making ANY military decision? ANd if that IS the case, what good are secretaries of defense, or even generals, colonels, and majors, for matter?

maineman, the first three letters of assume spell ass, be careful in using that word.....

The defensive argument that the chain of command is the real issue is bogus, he is POTUS isn't he? A good example of a quality leader is he or she finds out what is really happening on the street, this bullshit about chain of command does not apply to the POTUS, unless he believes he is in the Ivory Tower, which is what this is really all about, he sucks as a military leader, to date all he has done is talk and talk is cheap......don't keep :banghead: it can cause brain damage.....

and you don't think that he can find out what is really happening on the street from discussions with his secretary of defense?

So do you think Gates makes the decisions or Obama?

Lets be honest here for a minute. Our kids are being brutally slaughtered over there every day yet our President chooses to talk to this man only once? Come on,even a Hopey Changey Sheep can see that this is extremely sad & disturbing. Can't they see this? This is a real travesty and our kids certainly deserve better than this.

Republicans sent our sons and daughters to Iraq with old and rusty equipment.

Iraq-bound soldiers confront Rumsfeld over lack of armor | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Republicans didn't give a sh*t about them then.

McCain: Make combat-disabled top VA priority - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

So do you think Gates makes the decisions or Obama?

what a stupid fucking question.

So who do YOU think makes the decisions? Gates or MCChrystal?

Or is is McChrystal or some fucking Light Colonel?

Or is it some Light Colonel or some fucking PFC messcook?

Lets be honest here for a minute. Our kids are being brutally slaughtered over there every day yet our President chooses to talk to this man only once? Come on,even a Hopey Changey Sheep can see that this is extremely sad & disturbing. Can't they see this? This is a real travesty and our kids certainly deserve better than this.

Republicans sent our sons and daughters to Iraq with old and rusty equipment.

Iraq-bound soldiers confront Rumsfeld over lack of armor | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Republicans didn't give a sh*t about them then.

McCain: Make combat-disabled top VA priority - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times
yes, they should have waited till the next generation of armor was created
just as D-Day should have waited till we had M-1 Abrahms tanks
:eusa_whistle:

you are an idiot

because, if you question ONE level of the chain of command, why not question ALL of them? And if you do, aren't you suggesting that the PFC peeling potatoes has as good, if not better information than the Secretary of Defense? And if that is the case, shouldn't Obama be required to hear from ALL PFC's one-on-one before making ANY military decision? ANd if that IS the case, what good are secretaries of defense, or even generals, colonels, and majors, for matter?
Your absurdity is based on a false generalization.

Forum List

Back